Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' He Will Strike it Rich at Our Club " Says

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 am

" Adam Le Fondre will strike it rich at Bolton Wanderers, says Neil Lennon "

Adam Le Fondre could be in action for Wanderers at the weekend

by Neil Bonnar

NEIL Lennon reckons Adam Le Fondre will be worth the wait for Wanderers as he prepared to welcome the striker on loan.

Boasting an enviable goalscoring record, the Cardiff City striker will be confirmed on a three-month deal by the end of this week.

And while he will have to sit out of tomorrow night’s trip to his former club Rotherham United, and is cup-tied for next week’s replay against Liverpool, Lennon believes he will add something that has been lacking in his side despite their significant improvement in recent months.

“I think it’s more or less done,” he said. “He won’t be in the squad for Rotherham but he will do a week’s training and then be in the squad for Wolves next weekend.

“He’s a player I’ve admired for a long, long time, and one I think we need.

“His goal record speaks for itself. He went to Cardiff and maybe it didn’t go as well as he thought it would do for one reason or another but he’ll definitely do for me.

“He’s a goalscorer and in the Championship you need that.”

The 28-year-old has three goals to his name this season for Cardiff but has hit double figures in each of his last eight campaigns, including 54 for Rotherham between 2009-2011.

Lennon is banking on a similar impact after beating Huddersfield Town to his signature last week.

“Hopefully he’ll come in and score a lot of goals for us,” he said.

“He wanted to come back to the North West so we made a play for him and thankfully it came off.”

Re: ' He Will Strike it Rich at Our Club " Says

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 am

Another player who was disillusioned by all the shit going down at City, no wonder his confidence was shot to pieces, seen more service on the number 11 to the cemetery gates than I have to out strike force.

Well he's now closer to his family and will shoot Bolton to safety, guarantee it.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:29 am

Pretty much vilified here but a good player doesn't become absolute crap overnight.
Played correctly, I think he'll do ok for Bolton.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:18 am

He really hasn't performed at all. Sad to see, to be honest. Missed loads of good chances and couldn't even shoot properly! His confidence must be at an all time low. You can't blame the team or style of play,because in the past he'd have taken those chances.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:28 am

I agree he hasn't done it & needed resting but he's a poacher used a lot as an impact sub previously where he gained a lot of his success.
Here he's been played wide most of the time & not right up there as an out & out poacher

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:55 am

With a better manager in Lennon and possibly a better midfield I see no reason why he couldnt be a success at Bolton

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:53 am

Plus he will be with his family which must count for something!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:57 am

City Slicker wrote:With a better manager in Lennon and possibly a better midfield I see no reason why he couldnt be a success at Bolton

He's no world beater but exactly how I see it.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Just add him to the list of players who
Leaves having done little and all of a sudden becomes a goal machine again. Just you watch. :old:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm sure talk like that from a better Manager will get him going again, it won't be easy becuase his confidence is shot, but I'm sure he will be ble to motivate him more than Slade......

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 pm

City Slicker wrote:With a better manager in Lennon and possibly a better midfield I see no reason why he couldnt be a success at Bolton

what a cop out to blame our manager and midfield for le fondre's shortcomings.

i know people hate slade, but it isn't him playing. le fondre was missing easy, straightforward chances. thats not down to the coach or the formation.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Le Fondre's form and goal scoring, has been one of the most disappointing aspects of this season, there must be a decent goal scorer in there somewhere, but it never materialised here at Cardiff.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Le Fondre's form and goal scoring, has been one of the most disappointing aspects of this season, there must be a decent goal scorer in there somewhere, but it never materialised here at Cardiff.

This is true mate but he's mostly been played in the wrong position.
He's a box player & poacher.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:51 pm

I hope Bolton get him back in to some sort of form ready for us for next season.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Monday 26th January 2015

Le Fondre Completes Bolton Move

Bolton have completed the signing of Adam Le Fondre, who has signed a loan deal that will keep him at Macron Stadium until the end of the season.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Many will be happy to hear about the signing of Adam Le Fondre- a great capture in my opinion. He should be ready to go next week, international clearance pending. He`s struggled to adapt to life at Cardiff, notching a feeble 3 goals so far this season. However, he returns to the North West, where he has enjoyed much past success and under Neil Lennon could well prove to be an inspired addition to our squad.

This will also relieve fans, worried about striking options. Injuries to Craig Davies, Max Clayton, Emile Heskey and Zach Clough have caused distress, and Le Fondre is likely to ease the burden on Eidur Gudjohnsen (who I think needs a rest after failing to impress against Liverpool).

Le Fondre (or ALF, as I may refer to him in the future) spoke thusly upon joining the best club in the world:

Read more: http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... z3PyJN1O72