Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea on the verge of BIG trouble.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 am

Had a long chat to a guy I know inside Swansea HQ last night. All is not well down at the second City. If something is going on down there then this guy knows about it, he is a major figure at the club.

Anyway - The board are using the Wilfried Bony transfer money to buy the Liberty Stadium from the council and then expand it to 28,000. The initial cost of the stadium purchase will be £19 million and the extension will be in the region of £6m. The council have had their funding cut so selling the stadium for £8m less than cost price and keen to get the deal done.

This sounds all well and good on the surface. However they are doing it to increase the value of their own personal shares prior to selling out to American billionaire Jon Jay Moores, who owned the San Diego Padres.

Basically, the board are using the clubs money to increase their personal share value and basically dividing up the Bony money amongst themselves before selling out to the Americans. Swansea wont see a dime of the Bony money at all, instead lumbered with a stadium and its running costs.

Apparently Moores has pledged £150 million of interest free loans to the club. Sound familiar?

Moores will initially take 30% of the club as two directors want out ASAP to cash in (one of them is Brian Katzen), he will then slowly acquire more shares until he becomes majority shareholder and then the idea is to create a new share issue which will dilute the shares their supporters trust. By law the trust are to be offered first refusal on these new shares but they do not have the capitol to buy them - this is when they get sold to Moores' business partner Charles Noell and the Swansea club "run by the fans" is no more.

Jon Moores parted on bad terms with the Padres after he pocketed $200m of their TV rights deal. Oh dear.

Ain't karma a bitch.

Re: Swansea on the verge of BIG trouble.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 am

Bullshit. :D

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 am

Yes they are a lot worse off than us. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 am

Not saying they are worse off than us. Im telling you what the situation is and it looks grim compared to the picture they like to paint.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

think we'd all prefer to be in their position than ours,our big money striker was sold with a 5m loss after 6 months theirs has just gone for 30m....says everything u need to know

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Flippin eck!

If this is true, they will have £150m to spend on players. Admittedly not a guarantee of success but to be honest, it could make them even more likely to progress in the PL. I hope you are wrong. When the money came in from Tân, a lot was used to pay off debt and then loads was wasted on over-priced players.

I heard they are going to buy the ground but that was before Christmas (before an offer went in for bony). I think they may be using profits form TV rights to pay for the expansion. ????

It's all conjecture till it happens. The money involved is way beyond what most of us deal with.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Flippin eck!

If this is true, they will have £150m to spend on players. Admittedly not a guarantee of success but to be honest, it could make them even more likely to progress in the PL. I hope you are wrong. When the money came in from Tân, a lot was used to pay off debt and then loads was wasted on over-priced players.

I heard they are going to buy the ground but that was before Christmas (before an offer went in for bony). I think they may be using profits form TV rights to pay for the expansion. ????

It's all conjecture till it happens. The money involved is way beyond what most of us deal with.

They?
I thought you were a jack?
:lol:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:27 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

They?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

They?

Nice one.

Rumbled....!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

They?

Nice one.

Rumbled....!

Here we go again.

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead. lol

Or is that hamster???? :laughing6:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Again?
I didn't know it had happened before to be honest John.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Whilst some of this may be true, there's a few things that need clearing up.

The Swans have earned profits in the last three seasons, some of that money will have been put aside to fund the expansion and the the stadium. Buying the Stadium will increase our revenue, so don't act as if this money is being thrown away.

When the current owners bought the club, they made a pact that one individual would not own more than 25% of the club.

The £150 million interest free loan just isn't needed, and with financial fair play we wouldn't even be able to spend that money. There's still going to be the majority of the club owned the same supporters of a sustainable model, even if it were to go ahead.

Once again Cardiff have nothing to laugh about, so resort to laughing at hypothetical situations.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:49 pm

I agree with SCFC, this doesn't sound particularly dangerous for the Jacks. Lets be fair, if you compared the purchases made by both clubs over the last few years it is clear they have bought plenty of players that have returned on the initial investment, Cardiff on the other hand have only made relatively small returns and in most cases big losses. I hate to say it but over the last few years the Jacks have been run in a far better way, I only wish the tables were reversed

SCFC = your still a jack b*stard ;)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Again?

It's a bit of a running joke to be honest! If I post something vaguely positive about $w@n5€a someone calls me a jakk. It got so bad once Annis intervened. Lol. I've had time to think about this thread and it seems to have the air of plausibility but instinctively, I can't see it happening to that degree. Just a gut feeling but there you go. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

It's a bit of a running joke to be honest! If I post something vaguely positive about $w@n5€a someone calls me a jakk. It got so bad once Annis intervened. Lol. I've had time to think about this thread and it seems to have the air of plausibility but instinctively, I can't see it happening to that degree. Just a gut feeling but there you go. :bluescarf:

But it's no coincidence that every Jack thread that pops up on here you're all over it like a cheap suit. Might fool some, but you don't fool me.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 pm

norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

But it's no coincidence that every Jack thread that pops up on here you're all over it like a cheap suit. Might fool some, but you don't fool me.

See what I mean? :oops:

I made one post about the thread. Hardly "all over it". The rest is misplaced banter.

Have a look at the number of non-jakk threads I comment on. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I made one post about the thread. Hardly "all over it". The rest is misplaced banter.

Don't be embarrassed it's ok if you support Swansea. Just don't pretend to follow cardiff.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 pm

norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Don't be embarrassed it's ok if you support Swansea. Just don't pretend to follow cardiff.

I give up! :?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I'm pulling your chain, stop crying. :lol:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:21 pm

norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I'm not crying, right!!

I've just got something in my eye (sniffle).

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I'm not crying, right!!

How's your buddy roathie doing?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Even though it's Swansea I'd be genuinely gutted if the doomsday scenario did happen.

Us little clubs don't get nice things for long do we?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I'm not crying, right!!

Have you forgotten?

I AM Roathie mun. I'm obviously posting from my multi-million Aussie dollar yacht somewhere off the coast of Tamania. I've been training by eating shirts and wearing White Stripes gear. Of course, I haven't shared my amazing knowledge of the world of business with you because these days, I charge.

Are you serious?? :laughing6:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

I'm not crying, right!!

Have you forgotten?

I AM Roathie mun. I'm obviously posting from my multi-million Aussie dollar yacht somewhere off the coast of Tamania. I've been training by eating shirts and wearing White Stripes gear. Of course, I haven't shared my amazing knowledge of the world of business with you because these days, I charge.

Are you serious?? :laughing6:

Oh FFS I forgot you were here.

I knew there was a reason I stopped posting on this forum :roll:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 am

welcome back. We've missed you and the coolest avatar on the forum! :thumbup:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 am

xajax wrote:Bullshit. :D

Fair play, you must have been up all night writing that analysis. :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:23 am

Can they actually buy a public asset? Considering ospreys also have use of it? How much did it cost to build as if do buy it it must be more than initial cost or audit office could have something to say as well as it is public property! Also how do they put 8k seats in without having to move home for a bit? Lots of questions need answering 1st surely?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:Can they actually buy a public asset? Considering ospreys also have use of it? How much did it cost to build as if do buy it it must be more than initial cost or audit office could have something to say as well as it is public property! Also how do they put 8k seats in without having to move home for a bit? Lots of questions need answering 1st surely?

I will answer those for you mate.

Yes of course the can sell it, people buy council houses all the time. It isn't strictly public property, try walking in there without paying :lol:

Ospreys use of it will not change and rent will be payable to Swansea City, the leasehold will change hands but the content remains in tact.

It cost £27m to build. They are under no obligation to sell at cost price or more, the council have had their funding cut considerably, it wont be the only thing they are selling off either.

The groundwork will start as soon as the stadium is purchased, they are ready to go. There will be 6 weeks prep of framework where no public access or occupying capabilities will be affected, then the extension will take the whole 11 weeks off season. Pre season friendlies will be played away from home.

There is also plans to expand further if demand is there to take it to 34,000.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 pm

What a load of complete bollocks , this post smacks of desperation . you wish this was going to happen. its like a politicians speech . a little bit of truth and a whole load of complete and utter rubbish .

Verge of big trouble :sleepy2: think i will leave it there so i can go and piss myself :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Even if they are on the "verge of big trouble", they won't be in a situation worse than ours for a good while.