Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could this be tans plan?????

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:08 pm

1. This little dabble with a football club hasnt worked. hes losing money and needs to recoup.

2. Ok. he is on my way out soon so he will try and save some face with the fans and play in blue again.

3. He appointed slade to cut our wage bill and release the big earners. (slade accepted this and knows when completed he will be gone.)

4. Sells up pre season.

5. We could be in league 1. New owner. No money. Shit team. Shit crowds.

6. Portsmouth all over again.

Re: Could this be tans plan?????

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Maybe so but i don't think we will be in league 1 though.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Or tan thought slade would sort us out but it hasn't worked so he sacks him this week brings in Warnock type manager and we go on a good run and make the play offs ????

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 am

ATM no self respecting manager would touch us with a bargepole, we're on the slide and where we end up who knows.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:01 am

MagsMerfaBLUE wrote:1. This little dabble with a football club hasnt worked. hes losing money and needs to recoup.

2. Ok. he is on my way out soon so he will try and save some face with the fans and play in blue again.

3. He appointed slade to cut our wage bill and release the big earners. (slade accepted this and knows when completed he will be gone.)

4. Sells up pre season.

I think this is likely to be the case in regards to Tan, perhaps it would have been different for Slade if he had made a go of his opportunity.

But as it stands Slade appears to have lost both the dressing room (judging by the players lack of enthusiasm) and the fans support. I think Tan may well look for a way out of this 'failed project' as he undoubtedly sees it.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 am

wez1927 wrote:Or tan thought slade would sort us out but it hasn't worked so he sacks him this week brings in Warnock type manager and we go on a good run and make the play offs ????

This would be my preferred option but your mad if you think we could reach the play offs.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 am

Play offs?

CCFC will be lucky to avoid the bottom three.

This is not the end it is the beginning of the end.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 am

Why would he be terminating contracts if he wanted to recoup money?

Why would he be buying players on long contracts if he wanted to recoup money?

He's introduced a cost cutting policy and has been poorly advices on who should lead it.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:30 am

wez1927 wrote:Or tan thought slade would sort us out but it hasn't worked so he sacks him this week brings in Warnock type manager and we go on a good run and make the play offs ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:32 am

RFMH wrote:Why would he be terminating contracts if he wanted to recoup money?

He's introduced a cost cutting policy and has been poorly advices on who should lead it.

All depends on who's leading it, as IMO I believe that Dalman & Choo have been tasked with cutting the playing budget, whilst possibly consulting Slade on which players he can afford to do without and not Slade leading the cull, like a lot of people on here believe it to be!

Furthermore, whilst I agree with you about your first 2 points, I also don't believe this is just a cost cutting exercise for VT to asset strip the club (Which is basically backed up by your first 2 points), I believe that this is purely sound financial management (At last) and to avoid us falling foul of the Financial Fair Play rules!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 am

Overthemoon wrote:

All depends on who's leading it, as IMO I believe that Dalman & Choo have been tasked with cutting the playing budget, whilst possibly consulting Slade on which players he can afford to do without and not Slade leading the cull, like a lot of people on here believe it to be!

Furthermore, whilst I agree with you about your first 2 points, I also don't believe this is just a cost cutting exercise for VT to asset strip the club (Which is basically backed up by your first 2 points), I believe that this is purely sound financial management (At last) and to avoid us falling foul of the Financial Fair Play rules!

Exactly, if he wanted to get money back in anyway he'd have admired us the moment he got bored. Far better than what he's doing.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 am

RFMH wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Exactly, if he wanted to get money back in anyway he'd have admired us the moment he got bored. Far better than what he's doing.

I take it you mean put us into admin as opposed to admire? :)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 am

Do you seriously think that we could make the play off's considering the following?:

1. We have played abysmal football for months and are going backwards rapidly. We are being done over by teams at the
bottom of the table even.

2. The poor performances started even before we got rid of the better players (some of these were not being played mind), now
we have depleted our squad and brought in cheap imports there is no way that our squad is good enough for the play offs.
Mid table at best, more likely a relegation scrap.

3. Even if we changed the manager this week there is no time to bring a new manager in and for them to make decent signings.
Not only that but clearly the owner is recouping money and not spending it.I don't think any manager could work miracles with
the squad that we have been left with.

4. Russell Slade was appointed by the owner because he thought that he was the right man for the job. I would be amazed if he
was to sack him until at least the end of the season but unfortunately it might be a bit late then.

The only consolation is that we were mid table before our abysmal form started and Blackpool etc need to do a lot to catch us up. There are some poor teams near the bottom. If fairness to Birmingham & Bolton they were both really struggling down there but they have now caught us up.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 am

MagsMerfaBLUE wrote:....................

Very negative. Why not Southampton all over again?

I find it very strange that a Jack has more faith in the Bluebirds than some of you do.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 am

xajax wrote:
MagsMerfaBLUE wrote:....................

Very negative. Why not Southampton all over again?

I find it very strange that a Jack has more faith in the Bluebirds than some of you do.

Or Swansea all over again! ;)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 am

It's obviously his plan. He's asset-stripping! The return to blue was also a commercial decision, because nobody was buying red merch. I share all your concerns and I'm seriously worried that, unless we sign a tidy midfielder and mobile striker this week we are doomed.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am

bluemun wrote:It's obviously his plan. He's asset-stripping! The return to blue was also a commercial decision, because nobody was buying red merch. I share all your concerns and I'm seriously worried that, unless we sign a tidy midfielder and mobile striker this week we are doomed.

He's not very good at this asset stripping lark then, as he's allowing some of our players to go for free and paying some other clubs to let them play for them! :lol:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am

even if we dont get relegated this yr next season we will be like blackpool,the club is being ripped apart

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:42 am

Anybody got some happy pills ffs? :)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 pm

MagsMerfaBLUE wrote:1. This little dabble with a football club hasnt worked. hes losing money and needs to recoup.

4. Sells up pre season.

Haven't those ITK on this site said we could never do a PORTSMOUTH as we would have loads of people to buy us.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 pm

On the positive side if we slip down a league maybe we can shake off the last of the plastics?

Don't care what league we're in or who the manager is. CTID and I'll be there when I can to support the boys.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm

When it comes to ripping up contracts you have to balance the likely outcomes:

Would anyone have paid a million for Kim given he hasn't hardly played a competitive game for 6 months. No they wouldn't so we'd be stuck with his wages (circa £40k a week for the next 20 or so weeks ) approx. £1m . Rip the contract up by mutual consent the club pays nothing.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:When it comes to ripping up contracts you have to balance the likely outcomes:

Would anyone have paid a million for Kim given he hasn't hardly played a competitive game for 6 months. No they wouldn't so we'd be stuck with his wages (circa £40k a week for the next 20 or so weeks ) approx. £1m . Rip the contract up by mutual consent the club pays nothing.

Kim will have received a payment from the club in order to agree to terminate the contract. Professional footballers don't just give up a contract worth £1m.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:45 pm

The Club is a Toy to VT!!

It's the equivalent to me owning a PS4 :lol:

His wealth is huge...

We are small fry in comparison

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:On the positive side if we slip down a league maybe we can shake off the last of the plastics?

Don't care what league we're in or who the manager is. CTID and I'll be there when I can to support the boys.

Why is this a positive, i really cant understand the constant reference and abuse to so called plastic fans. Am i a plastic as I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years but have caught the bug big time and will now continue to support the City regardless of league position unlike a lot of so called true fans who are constantly looking for excuses to no longer watch or support there team - football is dire, the manager is clueless, the atmosphere is non-existent, the owner is Satan blah blah blah.

I for one would welcome all fans part time/ plastic whatever, what harm is there other than maybe becoming the fans of the future. A 33k thousand seater stadium will be a pretty lonely place with just a few thousand hard core.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:01 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:On the positive side if we slip down a league maybe we can shake off the last of the plastics?

No. I haven't been a fan much longer than you, but I caught the bug too. I haven't even ever been able to afford a season ticket... Ever. I can only scrimp and save and get down to CCS for about six games per season.

I'd say you're a plastic fan only if you will "give up on the team" if they are not playing well.

I am one, like you, who will be supporting no matter what league we're in. The plastics I am referring to are the ones who would say "we're playing badly at the moment. I'm giving up"

Why is this a positive, i really cant understand the constant reference and abuse to so called plastic fans. Am i a plastic as I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years but have caught the bug big time and will now continue to support the City regardless of league position unlike a lot of so called true fans who are constantly looking for excuses to no longer watch or support there team - football is dire, the manager is clueless, the atmosphere is non-existent, the owner is Satan blah blah blah.

I for one would welcome all fans part time/ plastic whatever, what harm is there other than maybe becoming the fans of the future. A 33k thousand seater stadium will be a pretty lonely place with just a few thousand hard core.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 pm

BlueVanman wrote:

I completely agree with these comments. I got my season ticket for the first time this season with my nine year old son, and paid non-freeze prices, so I suppose that makes me plastic as we'll....

We have both been to every game including the FA cup tie for Colchester and Reading. I was genuinely shocked by the number of empty seats last weekend - why weren't more fans there to back the team - especially only a couple of weeks after going back to blue.

I think we need to put the poor form to one side, and get behind the team - regardless. The crowd certainly helped carve out the result against Fulham. I'm sure this negativity is not helping the players on the pitch.

I agree with other posters comments on Slade, not the best of choices, but the fact is he is our manager now and we should try and get behind him. Probably a better time to air grievances at the end of the season, not when we are approaching a challenging run of games where getting points in the bag is a priority.

Just my opinion. I understand a lot of the criticism levelled at the team, Tan and Slade but we gotta act as supporters otherwise what's the point? I don't understand this booing at matches, just isn't helpful in my opinion.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

No. I haven't been a fan much longer than you, but I caught the bug too. I haven't even ever been able to afford a season ticket... Ever. I can only scrimp and save and get down to CCS for about six games per season.

I'd say you're a plastic fan only if you will "give up on the team" if they are not playing well.

I am one, like you, who will be supporting no matter what league we're in. The plastics I am referring to are the ones who would say "we're playing badly at the moment. I'm giving up"

for some reason my comment last night didn't come through.

My comment about plastics isn't aimed at people who "haven't supported the team very long" (I myself have only supported marginally longer than you, and have never been able to afford a season ticket, I just get down when I can save and when I get a birthday present I always make sure it's a ticket to a game) but at those who, and I think we agree on this, are saying they will be ready to "give up on the team" etc. unless we start doing well again.

I along with one or two other people am just getting mardy at the amount of abuse our own fans level at the team / manager. Yes, he's not doing a great job right now, but he's not even had a full transfer window as yet and I think he needs time.

As I've always said on here, it's really easy to sing when you're winning. But it's vital that the fans stay true to the team and support the boys as much as they can, whatever league we are in and whichever manager and owner etc. We're still City.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:04 am

Or maybe he has told slade to get rid before you buy

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

This would be my preferred option but your mad if you think we could reach the play offs.

Slade is not a long term option, so I would gamble on Warnock for the remainder of the season.

But 13pts off 6th is a long way to catch up over 19 games!!