Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 25th JAN 2015 "

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:21 pm

interesting fact about the academy teams.
from a very young age swanseas kids are told to constantly pass the ball before each session and its coaches into them at a young age. where as cardiffs they let them progress how they want to.
this has come from my work mate who has 2 children in swansea academy and 1 in cardiff academy. plus hes a cardiff fan. reckons he cant get over the organisation down swanseas compared to ours. not nice to here

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:32 pm

My mates son who recently trained with Cardiff said there youth system Is shocking he gave up on them and said there teaching methods are awful

Swansea came in for him And he said there Miles better

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Double G wrote:interesting fact about the academy teams.
from a very young age swanseas kids are told to constantly pass the ball before each session and its coaches into them at a young age. where as cardiffs they let them progress how they want to.
this has come from my work mate who has 2 children in swansea academy and 1 in cardiff academy. plus hes a cardiff fan. reckons he cant get over the organisation down swanseas compared to ours. not nice to here

Yeah my mate said exactly the same he said they literally Just lump it up to the forwards

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Marshall won't be with us next season for certain :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Vincent tan doubtful for sat??
f**k i was hoping slade would drop Morrison and put him in.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 am

Cheers Carl :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Cardiff City fire sale continues as Guido Burgstaller is the latest player to terminate contract by mutual consent.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City fire sale continues as Guido Burgstaller is the latest player to terminate contract by mutual consent.

Annis got to say thankgod he was awful.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:29 pm

I wonder how much money we've paid these players to leave. You would have thought we would have saved more by hanging on for even small fees for them

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 pm

birchblue wrote:Can I ask where in the Heath

It is at Heath Park Jason.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 pm

UPDATED :

There was a planned trials evening to take place in Swansea tomorrow evening but the numbers of children, again from Newport and Cardiff areas, has swelled so the trials for a place in Swansea's academy will now take place this Saturday.

The youngsters who get through will be coached at Heath Park in Cardiff.

Russell Slade was not even aware that John Brayford and Kimbo had left the club until after the deals were finalised.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 pm

I heard they are using the new 3G pitch at UWIC at Cyncoed. The pitch is fantastic

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:UPDATED :

There was a planned trials evening to take place in Swansea tomorrow evening but the numbers of children, again from Newport and Cardiff areas, has swelled so the trials for a place in Swansea's academy will now take place this Saturday.

Russell Slade was not even aware that John Brayford and Kimbo had left the club until after the deals were finalised.

If that's the case regarding RS, then his position has become untenable. How can any manager worth his salt be "unaware" of any of his players being moved on without his knowledge,,,or at the very least, his council?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I can't remember the name of the park sorry Jason.

On Tuesday evening more children from Newport and Cardiff are being trialled by Swansea.

They are training at the new 3G pitch at UWIC in Cyncoed

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:

On Tuesday evening more children from Newport and Cardiff are being trialled by Swansea.

I would assume it would be on the 3G in Heath Park? Right next to the main car park is a decent sized 3G pitch where CCFC Women's train (apparently).

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 25th JAN 2015

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:00 pm

My grand son was picked to train in the cardiff city academy. And they treated him like shit. He's only 7. I told the coach were to go and took him out of there. The only thing they wanted was money

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:14 am

carlccfc wrote:

Heath park is the one next to uhw hospital :thumbright:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:16 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:UPDATED :

If that's the case regarding RS, then his position has become untenable. How can any manager worth his salt be "unaware" of any of his players being moved on without his knowledge,,,or at the very least, his council?

Hapened recently to another manager forgot team but did happen with couple players :o

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE TUESDAY 27th JAN 2015

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 pm

All the Cardiff/Newport boys who get through all then have to buy the full Swansea kits/tracksuits from their club shop :cry:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All the Cardiff/Newport boys who get through all then have to buy the full Swansea kits/tracksuits from their club shop :cry:

It's bad , the problem we have is that Swansea apart from their PremierLeague status they have a philosophy of playing passing football , we at Cardiff seem to have a philosophy of lumping it forward and hoping for the best. If I was a parent I know which philosophy I would want my kids learning and sadly that's not the one Cardiff have at the moment :(

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:All the Cardiff/Newport boys who get through all then have to buy the full Swansea kits/tracksuits from their club shop :cry:

It's bad , the problem we have is that Swansea apart from their PremierLeague status they have a philosophy of playing passing football , we at Cardiff seem to have a philosophy of lumping it forward and hoping for the best. If I was a parent I know which philosophy I would want my kids learning and sadly that's not the one Cardiff have at the moment :(

Not good Darren,its a sad state of affairs at our club.

Re: " MINI UPDATE - THE FUTURE IS NOT THAT GREAT " 25/01/15

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm

birchblue wrote:Cardiff have not let Swansea sign anyone Cardiff have not already seen or are on are radar .

hate to say it but thats rubbish my self and my grandson are both cardiff city season ticket holders he was invited by swansea for trails 18 months ago hes now 9 signed academy player and travels from rct 4 times a week to llandore and llandarcy no cardiff scout seen him at any time and even cardiffs head of 12 -16 yr olds dane facey was surprised by this when he was at swansea 3 months ago players get 6 week trails and either get taken on or sent back to development shame about cardiff academy struggling as theres some nice lads there just thought i had to say this

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:42 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Double G wrote:interesting fact about the academy teams.

Yeah my mate said exactly the same he said they literally Just lump it up to the forwards

This is totally true as doing c certificate and one of leaders is from Swansea and every training session from under 9s to first team starts with 20 minutes passing. No such philosophy at cardiff.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:52 am

nickyj wrote:
birchblue wrote:Cardiff have not let Swansea sign anyone Cardiff have not already seen or are on are radar .

hate to say it but thats rubbish my self and my grandson are both cardiff city season ticket holders he was invited by swansea for trails 18 months ago hes now 9 signed academy player and travels from rct 4 times a week to llandore and llandarcy no cardiff scout seen him at any time and even cardiffs head of 12 -16 yr olds dane facey was surprised by this when he was at swansea 3 months ago players get 6 week trails and either get taken on or sent back to development shame about cardiff academy struggling as theres some nice lads there just thought i had to say this

Worst tail I heard about our academy is my mums next door neighbours boy is a real talent and went for trials with Chelsea and man City. Both were keen but man City really wanted him but would have to move up to Manchester on his own and live in halls whilst being private schooled. Mum didn't want him to leave home At 12 as is a massive step which I can see and older boy doing exams so didn't want to move family. Contacted cardiff who trialled him but said no as not aggressive enough for position. Now Swansea took him and in academy. So good enough for man City, Swansea and Chelsea but not for Cardiff.

Look I know some of the younger coaches at cardiff and they do great work with the kids but the philosophy of the people in charge seems wrong where they are looking at short term positives like aggression and strength over technique and skill. Kids can gain strength and aggression when they mature but skills need to be refined as young as possible.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 pm

nickyj wrote:

Shame sorry to here that the rct scout is usually well on the ball.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:50 pm

thats ok mate his father is a jack lol but fair play he played in a futsaol festival against reading wolves and west brom on sat in birmingham swansea won it plus hes off to poland in april its a good grounding for him and to be fair to them they look after the kids ok

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Its £45 every 9 weeks,limited numbers and Swansea only chose 12 out of 150 Cardiff/Newport kids last week :shock: so they are being very choosy and cant be making any money out of it?

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its £45 every 9 weeks,limited numbers and Swansea only chose 12 out of 150 Cardiff/Newport kids last week :shock: so they are being very choosy and cant be making any money out of it?

They make money with all the kids buying full kits and track suits ?
How much is that per kid must be £100 each

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 am

birchblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Its £45 every 9 weeks,limited numbers and Swansea only chose 12 out of 150 Cardiff/Newport kids last week :shock: so they are being very choosy and cant be making any money out of it?

mmm I make it kids pay around £225 a year in fees? whos making money? :lol:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 am

birchblue wrote:

Jacks are charging the kids £50 for the full kits etc.