Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE WEDNESDAY 28th JAN 2015 "

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm

" UPDATED WEDNESDAY 28th JANUARY 2015 "

Its £45 every 9 weeks,limited numbers and Swansea only chose 12 out of 150 Cardiff/Newport kids last week :shock: so they are being very choosy and cant be making any money out of it?

" UPDATED TUESDAY 27th JANUARY 2015 "

Also All the youngsters from Cardiff/Newport areas are taking around the Liberty Stadium and Ashley Williams will be coming to meet the ones that get through their trials.

All the Cardiff/Newport boys who get through all then have to buy the full Swansea kits/tracksuits from their club shop :cry:

There was a planned trials evening to take place in Swansea tomorrow evening but the numbers of children, again from Newport and Cardiff areas, has swelled so the trials for a place in Swansea's academy will now take place this Saturday.

The youngsters who get through will be coached at Heath Park/3G pitch in Cardiff.

Russell Slade was not even aware that John Brayford and Kimbo had left the club until after the deals were finalised.

" CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 25th JAN 2015 "

There will be more Cardiff City players contracts terminated this week as the cull on squad numbers continues, as many as six players are in current talks with the club to discuss their immediate future.

David Marshall is out for 2-3 weeks after having surgery on his groin problem but he is up for sale as is the majority of the squad as Vincent Tan looks to reduce the outgoings and cut the wage bill dramatically.

Cardiff City have their own academy and were covering most of South Wales spotting, picking up and coaching young talent to avoid missing out on the gems of tomorrow.

With City making cutbacks at the club and Swansea City enjoying life in the Premier League, it is inevitable that Swansea would be a preferred destination for parents of children hopeful of their son making it to become a professional footballer.

150 youngsters from Newport and Cardiff were invited to Swansea yesterday for trials and coaching and from those children 12 of them were picked to join the Swansea set up, 1 youngster, who is 9 years old, travels on my coach to away games was one of the children selected.

The youngsters will be coached in Heath so will not have to travel to Swansea for training and each of them must now go and buy a Swansea kit before joining up with their new coaches.

Slade is expected to sign at least one more player this week :thumbright:

Vincent Tan is doubtful to attend this Saturday's game.

" CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 25th JAN 2015 "

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Was hoping for news on incoming players :bluescarf:

Re: " MINI UPDATE - THE FUTURE IS NOT THAT GREAT " 25/01/15

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 pm

I said in an earlier post that I thought that about another six players, including Marshall would be leaving. I wouldn't mind betting that Manga is also on the "list". Not surprised that VT might not be at Saturdays game.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Cardiff have not let Swansea sign anyone Cardiff have not already seen or are on are radar .

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Carl, all players are being approached by both Swansea and Bristol City if they are playing at a decent level to trial, they also look after their Cardiff contingent by way of car sharing etc, but they are talking of setting a SCFC Cardiff academy up soon so Cardiff and Newport parents do not have to travel the 90 odd round trip down to Swansea 3or4 days per week :bluescarf:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 25th JAN 2015 "

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Vincent doubtful for Saturday?

Obviously doesn't want to see that the club is as fucked up on the pitch as it is off it.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Can't say I'm surprised by much of this, mainly the fact that most of our players are up for sale.

Very disappointing about the academy.

I never really believed Vincent Tan would turn up on the 31st.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:43 pm

If Marshall had not needed this operation, I also heard he was def being sold. Tan must be fuming.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Can I ask where in the Heath

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 pm

The Jacks are everywhere at the moment. Aberdare is fast becoming a stronghold for them.
Yuk.....

Anyway who are the others to be shown the door?
Likes of Fabio/Macheda/Jones or Nugent/John etc.

I know everyone is for sale but wonder who we will get rid of.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If Marshall had not needed this operation, I also heard he was def being sold. Tan must be fuming.

Good.

Hope it's really pissed him off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Don't know where you get another 6 from as squad is about 26 now, including 3 injured. Burgstaller definitely, possibly John and Fabio , hopefully not Manga. Even culling these will leave us very thin on the ground.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:04 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Don't know where you get another 6 from as squad is about 26 now, including 3 injured. Burgstaller definitely, possibly John and Fabio , hopefully not Manga. Even culling these will leave us very thin on the ground.

Carl posted
as many as six players are in current talks with the club to discuss their immediate future.

Plus at least one player will be signing this week.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 pm

My guess on the six players in talks on their immediate future are; Fabio, Manga ( through agent), Dikgacoi, Macheda, Maynard, & Burgstaller. I also believe that David Marshall has played his last season for us.
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:13 pm

My nephew was picked up to a 6 week trial with CARDIFF along with 100 more kids from the Bridgend Area quite recently, 15 of them kids we're taken on by the club to continue their development. My nephew was not one of the 15 but has since been invited to a Swansea trial which lasts 2 weeks. The kids Swansea have picked up have 90% been looked at by Cardiff already and released, so no need to panic.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:My guess on the six players in talks on their immediate future are; Fabio, Manga ( through agent), Dikgacoi, Macheda, Maynard, & Burgstaller. I also believe that David Marshall has played his last season for us.

I think your right a mass clear out. :thumbright:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Good luck Eathan Deacon who got into the academy his sister also Chelsea Deacon who went for wales on the weekend.

Shame his sister plays for cardiff and eathan had alot of promise

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 pm

I hope Tan does turn up so we can get thumped by derby and he sacks Slade.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Good luck Eathan Deacon who got into the academy his sister also Chelsea Deacon who went for wales on the weekend.

Shame his sister plays for cardiff and eathan had alot of promise

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Swansea take the kids who our academy say no to.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi guys
This is all very bad news
Is there any light at the end of our blue tunnel
Like is any one going to buy us
Where are these consortium s gone
Keep the faith

Cheers Tony

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 pm

whose the midfielder thats on the verge of signing early this week then Carlos ?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Burgstaller I can see why.... Can't understand why we never released digackoi surely he was the only one player who's contract we should have terminated...

I expect some other players who want to know their future is decs & Maynard.. Wouldn't get rid of decs personally.. A player we should be looking to keep hold of....

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Burgstaller I can see why.... Can't understand why we never released digackoi surely he was the only one player who's contract we should have terminated...

I expect some other players who want to know their future is decs & Maynard.. Wouldn't get rid of decs personally.. A player we should be looking to keep hold of....

They probably got stupidly long, expensive & hidden clauses written into their contracts, at least all those who were signed by OGS,,,,& with the exception of Maynard & Marshall thats ALL of them.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Burgstaller I can see why.... Can't understand why we never released digackoi surely he was the only one player who's contract we should have terminated...

They probably got stupidly long, expensive & hidden clauses written into their contracts, at least all those who were signed by OGS,,,,& with the exception of Maynard & Marshall thats ALL of them.

I think u might be right

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Double G wrote:whose the midfielder thats on the verge of signing early this week then Carlos ?

I don't know Gareth, I only know what I put out after Middlesbrough and that was Peltier was signing and an unnamed player was at the game.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:06 pm

sandrabbit blue wrote:Swansea take the kids who our academy say no to.

Not in all cases ;)

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:07 pm

birchblue wrote:Can I ask where in the Heath

I can't remember the name of the park sorry Jason.

On Tuesday evening more children from Newport and Cardiff are being trialled by Swansea.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:10 pm

We must be looking a smaller mobile striker... Jones, McUseless and Revell are all the same player. :?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 pm

To add further insult to injury, Southampton run an academy in Bath (where Gareth Bale started) which expands their radius needed to sign young players. Who wouldn't want to sign for one of the alleged best academies in the world?