Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' High earners some thing dont add up? '

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Slade keeps saying our wage bill is too high and we have to reduce it .

Fans like me agree with this ,and have assumed that the players gone were the high earners .
However have we been once again led up the garden path ???

Was guera, dielhi, eikram, cala, kimbo, burgstaller, costing as much as marshall, manga, morrison, whitts, noone, jones,
and then theres macheda, fabio, gunnarrson and le fondre , we could only get half of le fondre s wages paid for his loan , and theres talk blackpool are sending lewis back as he is costing them too much
if it was your choice would you have guera or le fondre , kimbo or noone, dielhi or whitts ,burgstaller or gunnarrson , cala or morrison, you can see what im getting at , some one has made a choice between these players not on financial considerations alone .
so come on tan / slade/ dalman/or who ever come clean on what is really going on at OUR club.

We the fans / paying customer deserve to know the truth :bluescarf:

Re: ' High earners some thing dont add up? '

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Steve, I see your starting to open your eyes and see and say what I have been saying for months :thumbright:

Marshall, was for sale,but this injury/operation has prevented his sale.
Every City player is for sale.

Slade is bringing in reserve players from other clubs and a few battlers on Tans orders.

The Club is being stripped of all its assets bit by bit.

Weve even stopped big spending in our Academies and scouting departments.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:48 pm

No problem with the policy really, just the man leading it (Slade) is a complete tool.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Did not think we had a scouting department
the way we are buying players/ getting rid of players more like girl guide department :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 pm

I don't get the surprise - it's like we live in a bubble or something.

For me, we suck it up and accept the fact that the next 12 months or so are going to be hard, hard work.

We're sounding like a bunch of moaners - pushing the farmers and teachers for 'top moaners in the country' award.

Come on boys, get a grip - its the City ffs, since when is it ever been easy?

CTID

:bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:52 pm

What policy
theres no rhyme or reason to the way its being handled
you set your budgets in the summer not january
10 days before ole was sacked we spent 5 million on manga ffs :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I don't think its any more complicated than who can get us the money...

If i have a contract for £1.2 million a year and have another 3 years left why should i move unless i am moving for £1.5 million.

Deahli is an asset many clubs would want- easy sell

Cala & Guerra - still have value in Spain and may get the same as we are paying - done

Berget and Eikrem probably needed a sweetner to tear up their contract but wanted to get their careers back on track - done

marshall- has value he may still go

manga - Was bought with resale in mind, a season in "England" before going for big money in the summer

morrison, whitts, noone, jones,Gunnar,ALF - On their wages nobody is going to touch them

worse of all is macheda who is on big bucks with a long contract - If we gave him a free we would have to pay nearly 2 seasons salary......

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Slade keeps saying our wage bill is too high and we have to reduce it .

Fans like me agree with this ,and have assumed that the players gone were the high earners .

Was guera, dielhi, eikram, cala, kimbo, burgstaller, costing as much as marshall, manga, morrison, whitts, noone, jones,
and then theres macheda, fabio, gunnarrson and le fondre , we could only get half of le fondre s wages paid for his loan , and theres talk blackpool are sending lewis back as he is costing them too much
if it was your choice would you have guera or le fondre , kimbo or noone, dielhi or whitts ,burgstaller or gunnarrson , cala or morrison, you can see what im getting at , some one has made a choice between these players not on financial considerations alone .
so come on tan / slade/ dalman/or who ever come clean on what is really going on at OUR club.

Mr Tan will be having a shock soon 18000 season ticket holders down to 6000 :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:15 pm

I've been saying for ages that spending should be controlled and that players should be made, not bought.

However, the speed at which this is happening is frightening!!

There is no other explanation: It's a sell-off but for what purpose?

It could be an exit strategy by Tan and the return to Blue was timed to soften the blow and make the club less unattractive to a potential buyer.

OR

A serious attempt to make the club viable in the long-term by getting back to basics, cutting the expectations of high wages from players and building properly with no quick fixes or major windfalls.

I know which one I prefer, but have a feeling it will be a route to yet more uncertainty.

Hope I'm wrong. :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Tan wants to kill the club.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 am

troobloo3339 wrote:What policy

This is what I was saying in my post 'why now'... Half way through the season. I'm sorry it just doesn't add up

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:59 am

nubbsy wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:What policy

This is what I was saying in my post 'why now'... Half way through the season. I'm sorry it just doesn't add up

I think the current "Cull" started the minute OGS was sacked, & VT personally took a more hand on approach in managing the finances. Having been "Let Down" by two previous managers, & a host of Chief Executives, over many millions of pounds worth of under performing players, he probably thought enough was enough.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 am

Simple really Tan made a mistake a costly mistake getting involved with football,especially us.
He has bought other clubs even getting involved in the US,but we were the first his learning curve.
He will be very successful with other clubs,but our use for him is over.
A big clear out get most of his money back,learn by his mistakes we will soon be a distant memory for him.
We will struggle this season hopefully avoid relegation,but next season we will probably be relegated with the players we have left.
With less than 10k watching if we are lucky . Can't see any other out come.
Less running costs so should be saleable. Cheaper for the consortium to take over.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Tan wants to kill the club.

I'm sure he doesn't, but seeing as he didn't get his own way over the red issue, I'm guessing he's now carrying out his original promise to cut the club's cloth accordingly, i.e. make it self-sufficient financially (perhaps prior to his departure)

Many on here prayed for it to happen with no thought about the realities of the situation should it occur

The stark realities are that the successful return to blue came at a price...and that price was the withdrawal of any further investment in top players and/or infrastructure at Cardiff City FC and with it any realistic chance of a continuation of the on-field success of recent years

Steve (troobloo3339) is correct in his OP when he says "We the fans/paying customers deserve to know the truth" and hopefully a statement will be made by the club's hierarchy soon

Trouble is, some fans/paying customers don't want to know the truth and will (as will be proven) invent their own versions of events and use it as an excuse to 'walk away' at precisely the time they should be saying "Hey, this is OUR club and we ain't going nowhere!"

Sadly, like Tan, many of our supporters were never "in it for the long-term" either! :cry:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 pm

sven I agree 100% with everything you just said :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Sven wrote:

I'm sure he doesn't, but seeing as he didn't get his own way over the red issue, I'm guessing he's now carrying out his original promise to cut the club's cloth accordingly, i.e. make it self-sufficient financially (perhaps prior to his departure)

Many on here prayed for it to happen with no thought about the realities of the situation should it occur.
Contrary to your claim, I think many on here did put thought into the consequences with many posters fearing the worst with predictions of administration. If as you claim, tan is carrying out his original promise prior to his departure then it makes you wonder why we didn't take him up on the offer to remain blue when he initially gave us the option.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Malky and OGS both purchased players they were used to..
In some cases Friends with them (ESP OGS).

Both were guilty of a massive overspend...

We need to go backwards to then go forwards.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Malky and OGS both purchased players they were used to..
In some cases Friends with them (ESP OGS).

Both were guilty of a massive overspend...

We need to go backwards to then go forwards.

You are most probably correct. The trouble is that we may need to go back a lot further until Slade has the squad that he believes can play his style of football but the trouble may be that slades style of football may be suited to a lower division.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Sven wrote:

Many on here prayed for it to happen with no thought about the realities of the situation should it occur

The stark realities are that the successful return to blue came at a price...and that price was the withdrawal of any further investment in top players and/or infrastructure at Cardiff City FC and with it any realistic chance of a continuation of the on-field success of recent years

Steve (troobloo3339) is correct in his OP when he says "We the fans/paying customers deserve to know the truth" and hopefully a statement will be made by the club's hierarchy soon

Trouble is, some fans/paying customers don't want to know the truth and will (as will be proven) invent their own versions of events and use it as an excuse to 'walk away' at precisely the time they should be saying "Hey, this is OUR club and we ain't going nowhere!"

Sadly, like Tan, many of our supporters were never "in it for the long-term" either! :cry:

Sven I made a mess of my first reply quoting you so here it is again.
Contrary to your claim, I think many on here did put thought into the consequences with many posters fearing the worst with predictions of administration. If as you claim, tan is carrying out his original promise prior to his departure then it makes you wonder why we didn't take him up on the offer to remain blue when he initially gave us the option.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Slade keeps saying our wage bill is too high and we have to reduce it .

I think there's a few ways of looking at it

Every player in the squad is overpaid so of course they are all for sale of available for free

We have historically paid over the odds for players (fees sign ons wages etc) and tan is finally learning but learning the hard way IMO

Out of the players that of left over half haven't featured for the side under either manager this season so why is it odd that they would be first out?? I'd imagine most were on high wages maybe not as high as manga etc but they are featuring so in effect earning their money

It's not rocket science to realise that should a decent bid come in for those players that they would be sold however it would take a decent bid for us to sell those players where as those that have left were high earners and not wanted anymore regardless of whether we think as fans some should have stayed or not neither manager has wanted them

So for me no nothing sinister possibly something will come out but quite frankly it's plainly obvious to see what's going on

You don't have to be Stephen hawking to work out that we are trying Togo back to being self sustainable

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Whenexactly were we self sustainable
how far back you going :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Whenexactly were we self sustainable
how far back you going :bluescarf:

Merely stating we are trying to lol

I can't even rememebr last time we were we've always been a club run beyond our own means always going to end in disaster and This is how it should be really at least giving ourselves as much chance as possible to luve within our own means