Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ben Pringle.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:30 pm

I think that we should take a look at Ben Pringle who plays for Rotherham, he is an attacking midfielder and we are in desperate need of a good one of them. I have seen him a few times and he creates more goals than he scores but he is a quality player and only 25 years old. He is a very good set piece taker too, he could come in and challenge Whittingham, as Whitts can certainly do with somebody putting him under pressure and then he may realise that he isnt guaranteed a place every game. He is similar to Whitts as he has a great left foot but he is nothing like Whitts in the way he plays the game. Think of Gareth Ainsworth and then you start to get close to the kind of style that Ben Pringle plays with.

Bloooooobirds.

Re: Ben Pringle.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

He is crap

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Can he kick the ball 75 yds up the field
No good to us if he's a creative player
But we may consider him for set pieces

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:54 pm

What about
Kevin Frisps or Alan Dorritos?

I'm sure they are tastier than Ben Pringle :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 pm

He's got a crisp finish :lol:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 pm

He can also "pop" up for the odd goal

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:25 pm

:lol: :lol: these answers just about sum up all the ridiculous posts on here at the moment suggesting every & any player available or not available.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:50 pm

He's perfect for us as he's a bit of a walker but then again heard he skips a lot so probably not the best player for us, doubt he'd go for us, Steve Evans claims he's the real McCoy !!

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm

What are you all, 12?????

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Good player but won't get a look in with Slade in charge. Doesn't fit his hoofball tactics.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Brezza wrote:He's got a crisp finish :lol:

:lol: :notworthy:

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 pm

I bet he can play in a Ridged 442. :laughing6:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 am

Salt(& shake) of the earth is that lad.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 am

out of contract end of season and refusing to sign a new deal. sounds like our type of signing.
got to be honest i spotted Pringle last year and have watched hos development. top player he looks. hard to miss with his white/blonde hair

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 am

Double G wrote:out of contract end of season and refusing to sign a new deal. sounds like our type of signing.
got to be honest i spotted Pringle last year and have watched hos development. top player he looks. hard to miss with his white/blonde hair

Yes, he does look like the answer to our attacking midfield centre problem. I know we are in for Massimo Luongo but Swindon will want a pretty good fee for him, probably over £1m. So, I think we should go for Pringle instead of Luongo, as like you say Pringle is out of contract at the end of the season and he is refusing to sign another one. That means that he will most likely go for a knockdown price because Rotherham would prefer to get some money now for him rather than risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season. If he had a few years left in his contract then I think that Rotherham would have wanted at least £2-3m for him and at the moment we have not got that kind of money available for any new players, let alone for one new player. If I was Slade I would test their resolve with a £250,000 offer and see if Rotherham are happy to play ball or not. But, I would certainly not pay anything more than £500,000-£750,000, for him. As even those figures might be a bit to much for a player in his contract situation. Having said that, I think that if he did sign for us for a fee between those two figures, that he would be worth every single penny, as he is a quality player. A

A problem that could arise surrounding the fee that we could pay for him, is that Derby might have had a sell on clause inserted in to his contract, when he signed for Rotherham from them back in 2011. If they did insert one, then Rotherham may want a couple of hundred thousand more, so they can make a good profit on him and still have the money available from the transfer fee, to pay the correct percentage that they owe Derby.

Bloooooobirds.

Bloooooobirds

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:28 pm

geggs_ccfc wrote:What are you all, 12?????

Boring git.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:48 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
geggs_ccfc wrote:What are you all, 12?????

Boring git.

:lol:
No sense of humour some people.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:32 pm

I was being sarcastic. What are you both, American??? Miserable Gits. :laughing6: :thumbright:

Bloooooobirds.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:54 pm

I read he's joining preston

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 am

Reza wrote:I read he's joining preston

I wouldn't if I was him as if he is thinking of leaving Rotherham or there are rumours of him leaving then I would of thought that it would have been to a Top Championship club or a lower Premier League club, not a League 1 club. I cannot see him dropping down a level to play for Preston, as it would be a very strange decision as he plays every game for Rotherham.

Bloooooobirds.