Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Adam Le Fondre leaving '

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Le Fondre was set to join Chris Powell’s Huddersfield Town, as reported on FLW, however this move has failed to materialise and he is now set to join Neil Lennon’s Bolton Wanderers.

Re: Le Fondre to Bolton on loan

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Bolton are closing in on the loan signing of Cardiff City forward Adam Le Fondre, after a move to Huddersfield Town collapsed on Thursday evening.

Having scored 41 goals in 110 appearances during a three-year spell at Reading, Le Fondre joined the Bluebirds last summer but has struggled to reach those same heights in the Welsh capital - scoring just three times in 25 outings.

Well known to Wanderers supporters as a man who scored a 33-minute first-half hat-trick against the club last season, in a 7-1 thumping at Reading, the Stockport-born forward has reportedly requested a move to the North West in order to be closer to his family.

The 28-year-old, who came through the youth system at his hometown club, has also represented Rochdale and Rotherham United over the course of the last decade.

Should he complete a move to Macron Stadium, which is expected to go through on Friday, he won't be eligible to face Liverpool on Saturday, after turning out for Cardiff in their third round victory over Colchester United.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Are we bolton's feeder club now or something?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:44 am

Watch how well he does there

Re: ' Adam Le Fondre leaving '

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:45 am

He's done f**k all for us, if he does it elsewhere it increases his value so woohoo.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 am

I think loaning him is a great idea, selling him would be a nightmare because you just know he would score every week...

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

Seems a strange one this ,he's been in the first team all season ,maybe he's just not happy here or fallen out with some players

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:36 am

wez1927 wrote:Seems a strange one this ,he's been in the first team all season ,maybe he's just not happy here or fallen out with some players

Another big earner going more like I think, I remember when we signed him he wanted to stay at reading but our offer was to good to turn down he said. Lots more will follow :thumbup:

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 am

Good riddance - crap player. How quick can we get him there!! :old: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Seems a strange one this ,he's been in the first team all season ,maybe he's just not happy here or fallen out with some players

Another big earner going more like I think, I remember when we signed him he wanted to stay at reading but our offer was to good to turn down he said. Lots more will follow :thumbup:
looks that way ,if he's is a big earner he doesn't warrent the money
Last edited by wez1927 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 am

I think its most likely not being happy. Not being around your family is a big demotivator so don't be surprised if he starts banging them in for fun when he is near his family. At least we can gain something from that and give someone else a chance so everyone's a winner! :ayatollah:

Slades given him more than enough chances now anyway!!

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:43 am

lyndipops wrote:

I think its most likely not being happy. Not being around your family is a big demotivator so don't be surprised if he starts banging them in for fun when he is near his family. At least we can gain something from that and give someone else a chance so everyone's a winner! :ayatollah:

we are a weird club when it comes to strikers over the years ,some just don't preform for us but do for others

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:56 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Watch how well he does there

Bet your bottom dollar he nets regularly and especially when we play them in April.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:10 am

well he wont score against us will he ffs he wont be able to play its in the RULES :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:19 am

wez1927 wrote:
lyndipops wrote:

we are a weird club when it comes to strikers over the years ,some just don't preform for us but do for others

Happens everywhere, not just here.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 am

He s had his chance here ,hasn't worked out for him here ,get rid, let Slade get some more league one players in !!!!

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:46 am

He has worked hard, but no end product. His shooting has been like soft back passes to the keeper!

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:50 am

This and the other "le fondre leaving" threads are hilarious

For the past few weeks - "Le Fondre does NOTHING for us! Why does Slade keep giving him time on the pitch??! He scores no goals at all, we need better strikers!!"

People hear that he is leaving "Why Are we getting rid of him?! Slade hasn't got a clue" etc. etc.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:57 am

GSO Cardiff City wrote:This and the other "le fondre leaving" threads are hilarious

For the past few weeks - "Le Fondre does NOTHING for us! Why does Slade keep giving him time on the pitch??! He scores no goals at all, we need better strikers!!"

People hear that he is leaving "Why Are we getting rid of him?! Slade hasn't got a clue" etc. etc.

Same old moaners saying it to suit the anti club agenda ,it's hasn't worked for him ,if we get our money back we paid for him and brayford then fine

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:43 am

troobloo3339 wrote:well he wont score against us will he ffs he wont be able to play its in the RULES :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:

If it's a loan then maybe not, but I recall Olefanjani playing for us against Hull and scoring when on loan from Hull.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:This and the other "le fondre leaving" threads are hilarious

Same old moaners saying it to suit the anti club agenda ,it's hasn't worked for him ,if we get our money back we paid for him and brayford then fine

It's also your constant moaning against the 'moaners'.
I don't see many people arguing the fact that Le Fondre should stay. I haven't read - 'why are we getting rid of him' hardly at all. Certainly not on this thread or the - 'John Brayford & Adam Le Fondre on their way' thread.

Perhaps you just like to moan against people with a different view.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Many will be happy to hear about the signing of Adam Le Fondre- a great capture in my opinion. He should be ready to go next week, international clearance pending. He`s struggled to adapt to life at Cardiff, notching a feeble 3 goals so far this season. However, he returns to the North West, where he has enjoyed much past success and under Neil Lennon could well prove to be an inspired addition to our squad.

This will also relieve fans, worried about striking options. Injuries to Craig Davies, Max Clayton, Emile Heskey and Zach Clough have caused distress, and Le Fondre is likely to ease the burden on Eidur Gudjohnsen (who I think needs a rest after failing to impress against Liverpool).

Le Fondre (or ALF, as I may refer to him in the future) spoke thusly upon joining the best club in the world:

Read more: http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... z3PyJN1O72