Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hunt for Swansea thugs who abused & punched young disabled F

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Hunt for Swansea thugs who abused and punched young disabled Chelsea supporter after game
By Evans TheCrime

Wed January 21, 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old Chelsea fan with autism was abused and assaulted after leaving Swansea City's Liberty Stadium

POLICE are hunting for “cowardly” yobs who attacked a young disabled football supporter following a match at the Liberty Stadium.

The 16-year-old, who has autism, was verbally abused and punched in the face as he and his brother made their way back to the city centre after the Premier League clash.

The dad of the young victim said his son had wanted to visit Swansea to watch Chelsea play the Swans for years — and has been left traumatised by the unprovoked street attack.

The incident happened on Llangyfelach Road following Chelsea’s visit to the Liberty on Saturday, and left the teenager needing hospital treatment for facial and eye injuries.

The dad of the young London football fan — who asked for his name not to be made public — said he had been unable to get to the match on Saturday due to work but because the youngster had been so keen to visit Swansea, his older brother had travelled all the way from university in Scotland to accompany him to Wales.

He said: “My son has had Swansea on his to-do list for a couple of years, and was really looking forward to the trip.

“I had some texts from the boys during the day saying how much they were enjoying the visit — then this happened.

“How could somebody do this to a young boy? It is a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.

“One of the effects of my son’s condition is that he can’t see the bad in people — he just doesn’t understand why somebody would want to do this bad thing to him.

“His one passion is football, and I always take him to all home matches, as well as two or three away matches each season, as it’s his one release.

“The physical scars will heal in time, however mentally and emotionally — especially given his disability — this will be a big step backwards for him.”

The attack happened near the Commercial Inn pub at around 5.30pm on Saturday as the visiting fans were walking into town.

The pair were approach by a group of four men in their 20s who started abusing them for being Chelsea fans - the younger sibling was wearing a club scarf - before punching the teenager in the face and running off.

The visitors then flagged down a passing police car, and officers arranged for them to get to Morriston Hospital for treatment, then waited to give them a lift to the train station.

The dad said: “The police were brilliant, very supportive, and I just hope somebody will come forward with information to help them.

“Somebody must know the lads who are responsible for this, and I hope it pricks their conscience to know what they did.”

Police investigating the assault have carried out door-to-door inquiries in the area, and are searching CCTV footage for clues.

A spokesman for South Wales Police said: “Police investigating an assault on Llangyfelach Road on Saturday, January 17, are urging any witnesses — or anybody with information about what happened — to come forward.”

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hunt for Swansea thugs who abused & punched young disabl

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Well, well well. First it was a blind fan at chelsea now it's a disabled kid :wave: :wave:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Sad how low really they can go - they not clever not men and certainly not welsh ! Scum six fingered bastards ! :oops:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Cowards. 4 onto 1. Pathetic. No doubt it'll be turned into 4 jacks smashed up 20 headhunters.....

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Cowardly & disgusting yes, but don't be fooled in wouldn't happen in Cardiff or any where else come to that.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm

f*cking pricks!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Cowards but there are plenty like them everywhere. Hope they get caught and have a stretch where some lags will make them there bitches. :evil:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 pm

It aint right that some poor Jack fan might be a victim of retribution for this incident. I mean how dare a young lad and his brother go to a football match showing his teams colours. These type of cowardly attacks on innocent fans are bang out of order.

We had one of these incidents a few seasons ago when those Bristol City fans where attacked. I remember that this annoyed our fans back then, and i think that genuine Swansea fans will feel the same way. I hope some of them can help the police with this and bring prosecutions against these tossers.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Nothing to do with CCFC so why use 'thugs' and 'Swansea' ???

Oh I know, make it a sticky and shove it all over FB for hits.

Even more pathetic as the scum that did it as you are making off the back of it.

Grow up and have a word with yourself 'Oh family Man'

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Gavennyblue wrote:Nothing to do with CCFC so why use 'thugs' and 'Swansea' ???

Oh I know, make it a sticky and shove it all over FB for hits.

Even more pathetic as the scum that did it as you are making off the back of it.

Grow up and have a word with yourself 'Oh family Man'

Its a news story about a young fan who has been attacked, and you have just posted a comment on a message board under the section called GENERAL CHAT. That is what it is current affairs or sports stories thats what GENERAL CHAT means. Have a word with yourself!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 pm

My son has autism, worries me to death the thought of him getting bullied.

Something wrong with people like this.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:31 am

Unacceptable, scum that should imprisoned and banned for life.

Don't pretend that there's not similar scum living n your and every other City in the UK though.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 am

Autism is not a disability. It is a specific learning need and each person with autism has different specific learning needs, according to very wide-ranging factors and situations. (Rant on behalf of other "disabled" people)

This incident is truly shocking and if the perpetrators are found, I hope they get what's coming to them!!!

It's a sad fact, but if you choose to walk near a stadium after a game, outside the safe areas supervised by the police, wearing colours or chanting, etc. can and will cause a hostile response.

My autistic friends are transported to and from games by car, taxi or bus. Walking is not a good option!!

The crime here is disgraceful. End of chat.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:16 am

SCFC wrote:Unacceptable, scum that should imprisoned and banned for life.

Don't pretend that there's not similar scum living n your and every other City in the UK though.

Your first line is correct, but this is not about OUR supporters, though, is it?? :roll: :oops:

Please don't try to deflect the stark reality that one of YOURS did such a thing by using the age-old "You're not perfect either" line...

The last time anything even remotely similar happened (an attack on a Bristol City fan outside our stadium) he was quickly handed over to the Police and subsequently dealt with accordingly

Remembering that someone must have seen what happened and knows who the coward that carried out this heinous attack is, let's see if YOUR people do the same, eh? ;)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:39 am

Sadly you're right I would suspect most teams have these idiots. It's not just the fact that they have picked on a teenager in colours but he's autistic as well. The perpetrators wouldn't have known this but a callous cowardly act all the same.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 am

If they catch these pathetic cowards, they should let the father "have a word" with each one in a private room.

Not that I condone violence mind. :thumbup:

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:51 am

Sven wrote:

Your first line is correct, but this is not about OUR supporters, though, is it?? :roll: :oops:

Please don't try to deflect the stark reality that one of YOURS did such a thing by using the age-old "You're not perfect either" line...

The last time anything even remotely similar happened (an attack on a Bristol City fan outside our stadium) he was quickly handed over to the Police and subsequently dealt with accordingly

Remembering that someone must have seen what happened and knows who the coward that carried out this heinous attack is, let's see if YOUR people do the same, eh? ;)

A bit strong that Sven.

We can't blame a club or its supporters in general for the vile acts of a few individuals. Not one poster has said this is acceptable and I don't see it as deflection to widen the debate to include idiots everywhere. All clubs have them unfortunately.

You can't put the responsibility for this in the laps of all supporters of that club and compare two unrelated incidents.

I hope they throw the book at whoever was involved. Let's just leave it at that.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:05 am

Something else to add to my signature.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Sven wrote:

A bit strong that Sven.

We can't blame a club or its supporters in general for the vile acts of a few individuals. Not one poster has said this is acceptable and I don't see it as deflection to widen the debate to include idiots everywhere. All clubs have them unfortunately.

You can't put the responsibility for this in the laps of all supporters of that club and compare two unrelated incidents.

I hope they throw the book at whoever was involved. Let's just leave it at that.

I agree...and I allude to that in the opening sentence of my post :thumbup:

However, it is wholly wrong of SCFC to use the adage that we have scum amongst our fans, too. We are all too aware of that, but THIS incident was Swansea and not Cardiff related and SCFC should have "left it at that" his first sentence, which was bang on IMHO ;)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Sven wrote:

A bit strong that Sven.

I agree...and I allude to that in the opening sentence of my post :thumbup:

However, it is wholly wrong of SCFC to use the adage that we have scum amongst our fans, too. We are all too aware of that, but THIS incident was Swansea and not Cardiff related and SCFC should have "left it at that" his first sentence, which was bang on IMHO ;)

Fair enough. It's a pity that these type of incidents can tar many with the same brush. Rivalry is one thing, mindless thuggery is another. I've seen a lot of comments on Twitter from jaxx totally disgusted and angry about it. You are right that nobody should imply it is every club's problem but it does tarnish the reputation of football fans everywhere.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 pm

this does not surprise me in the least, they embarrass Wales - shit houses with no guts and no class, never have had and never will have. Nothing worse than bullies and if karma has its way the same group will bump into proper lads who will f*cking tune them.................... :oops: :evil:

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:34 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:this does not surprise me in the least, they embarrass Wales - shit houses with no guts and no class, never have had and never will have. Nothing worse than bullies and if karma has its way the same group will bump into proper lads who will f*cking tune them.................... :oops: :evil:

Have a word with yourself mate! Those thugs are not typical of any club.

The Chelsea fan who has autism is a proper lad. Be careful.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:this does not surprise me in the least, they embarrass Wales - shit houses with no guts and no class, never have had and never will have. Nothing worse than bullies and if karma has its way the same group will bump into proper lads who will f*cking tune them.................... :oops: :evil:

100% with you on that point! :thumbup:

BEEP AHM, try dealing with the issue to hand and not bringing 'generalisations' into a single event! ;)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:18 pm

:thumbup:
Sven wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

100% with you on that point! :thumbup:

BEEP AHM, try dealing with the issue to hand and not bringing 'generalisations' into a single event! ;)

:thumbup:

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 pm

The poster here seemed to be celebrating it, f*cking cunts :evil:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/s ... ks-2!/#154

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 pm

I dislike them with a passion they call us scummers which I hate them for they should take a look at themselves they have always wanted a reputation but they havnt got the balls to do it with the big boys but at the same time they wouldn't like what goes with it because they still want to be goody goody fans .always been the darlings of Welsh football they can do no wrong dickheads

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Gypo scumbags.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:42 pm

griff105 wrote:Gypo scumbags.

Nothing Gypo about it griff. Real gypo's wouldn't think about carrying out such a cowardly act.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Gaffer wrote:The poster here seemed to be celebrating it, f*cking cunts :evil:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/s ... ks-2!/#154

That moron swansealad who used to be on here is sticking up for the jack bullies on that site(he was prob one of them)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm

They are not called scum for nothing. :evil: