Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' TWO PLAYERS IN, ONE OUT ? '

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:39 am

If we are selling John Brayford (anothe mistake by Tan and Slade), why are we signing Lee Peltier? Why not bring Kevin McNaughton back from Bolton?

Re: ' TWO PLAYERS IN, ONE OUT ? '

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:43 am

Dahboy wrote:
only 1 carl dale wrote:more crap , none of these are any better , worrying times

^^^this^^^ Lee peltier is hopeless.

And the other one is Lee Trundle,just about the quality that Slade wants

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Peltier signing tomorrow

Maynard going the other way I heard?

Huddersfield seem to be haPpy about it

Yeah, you heard from the Twitter account you blasted me for relying on. ;)

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:02 am

I think Slade wants Kevin Nugent in as our new centre forward :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 am

So we all say how bad a manager slade is and his crap signings, but yet heap praise on the only players he has signed?

We are getting rid of the high earners getting in cheaper alternatives with more fight. Building from the bottom.

Cardiff city fc back in blue and making a profit in a few years.

Let's support that and get out of our premier league la la land!

At least for a bit!!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:56 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
ninianblue wrote:somebody knows something i dont? why are we building a league 1 side?

Bournemouth,Brentford and Birmingham have league 1 sides and they are as we know are doing much better and also Norwich got promoted with a league 1 side.

No worries there then we'll be fine. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Mr Shed wrote:So we all say how bad a manager slade is and his crap signings, but yet heap praise on the only players he has signed?

We are getting rid of the high earners getting in cheaper alternatives with more fight. Building from the bottom.

At least for a bit!!

your banned too posative lol

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Unfortunately the change back to blue was always going to see tan pull the plug on big signings . We got what we all wanted so now we can not complain. City only going one way now .down down down down down down .

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Unfortunately the change back to blue was always going to see tan pull the plug on big signings . We got what we all wanted so now we can not complain. City only going one way now .down down down down down down .

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:So we all say how bad a manager slade is and his crap signings, but yet heap praise on the only players he has signed?

At least for a bit!!

your banned too posative lol

It does my head in some of the doom and gloom on here!

I Still absolutely adore this club, but some of the fans sometimes make me cringe!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm

I am very happy with us signing Lee Peltier, he is quality. He can play at right back or centre back and is a very hard working, committed and he works his bol*ocks off. He is also very good at going forward when playing at right back. But, he can also defend very well when at right back. Lets all give him a chance before you all write him off. He was quality in his first spell with Huddersfield and he got a big move to Leicester where he did well until a new manager came in and didnt want him. A bit like our own situation with Slade as he has like the Leicester manager at the time, not given ALL of the squad a chance, even the very good players.

Bloooooobirds.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Spoke to ALF after the game, and he said "it's a shame I'm not playing, it doesn't look like I'm in the plans so I don't think I'll be here much longer. Wish I could be playing but I think I'll be gone soon" ...

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:01 pm

I did not read the Brayford to Sheff Utd transfer talk, so obviously i would prefer to keep Brayford rather than sign a new right back. However, if we are selling Brayford - which i am not happy with, as he is one of my bestnplayers and he has been good for us this season - and we are swapping Maynard - who never gets picked, but is another player who i like and who should be playing for us - for Peltier, then we are doing smart business as we will get at least £2m for him and we swap another player in Maynard for a good Championship right back that will be a good replacement for Brayford. Then we get 2 players who are on big contracts and we bring in another player who will be on wages that are nowhere near Brayford or Maynard's wages. Listen in an ideal world we would want to keep Brayford but we sre being offered good money for him and we could do with a bit more money to use for ourselves in this transfer window. Of course, if Tan gives us the money to spend.

Bloooooobirds

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:11 pm

sebastianwaters wrote:Spoke to ALF after the game, and he said "it's a shame I'm not playing, it doesn't look like I'm in the plans so I don't think I'll be here much longer. Wish I could be playing but I think I'll be gone soon" ...

??!?!

Rotherham - Starting XI
Bournemouth - Starting XI
Brentford - Starting XI
Charlton - Starting XI
Watford - Starting XI
Fulham - Starting XI
Norwich - Not featured
Boro - On the bench

NOT IN THE PLANS?! I've defended him because of his work rate but to find he classes a game off and one on the bench as not in plans?! he can *!$& right off

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Also, if Peltier does sign then he will probably be given the captains armband. As he has been captain previously at Leeds Utd and recently at Huddersfield. Fans are saying that we need players that are committed, determined and up for a fight. Well Peltier has all of those qualities and he can also play at Centre Half as Warnock used to play him there and he did well in that position. So dont think that cause we are signing Peltier then that means Brayford is leaving, cause Peltier could be coming in to replace one of the centre halfs ie. Sean Morrison, possibly?!?!?!

Bloooooobirds.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 pm

sebastianwaters wrote:Spoke to ALF after the game, and he said "it's a shame I'm not playing, it doesn't look like I'm in the plans so I don't think I'll be here much longer. Wish I could be playing but I think I'll be gone soon" ...

After back to blue this is the best news I've heard all season. From game one I've said he was shit, stats say he's shit and everyone watching must say old ALF is shocking. If he wants a driver to his new club give me a shout :wave:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:06 pm

That is what I was told he said too cheers :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:17 pm

just been told ALF IS GOING TO HUDDERSFIELD PX EX

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:26 pm

stickywicket wrote:just been told ALF IS GOING TO HUDDERSFIELD PX EX

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150707 :thumbright:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:I'd be happy with a team of Revell's, only player who looks like he wants to play here!

More that go, the better! All overpaid pansies, no fight in them, under performing, and the more the go, the better! This summer, there needs to be a clear out, most got a losing mentality that has been carried on from the prem.

I'd be happy with a team full of Harris' and Revell's, more fight in them!

its very dangerous to start thinking in black and white terms like this.

you need quality and experience in any squad. if we had a team of revells and harrises i'd wager we'd be in no better position we are in now.

there are some players i'd cut from the squad, but wholesale changes would be extremely costly and lead to another season of uncertainty and transition in all likelihood.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:01 pm

The cost cutting started before the return to blue.

I don't mind it at all as we were a basket case living beyond our means.

Would prefer a young dynamic manager given the choice but Ole was a disaster.

Anyway we're back in blue and I'll be renewing so I'm happy.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:There was two players in the stand tonight, that are expected to sign in the next 24 hours, one is right back from Huddersfield, no prizes for guessing who.

Huddersfield Town defender Lee Peltier is a target for Cardiff City and is expected to sign.

I don't know the name of the second player or even position.

Le Fondre was also overheard answering a question 'what is going on ?' And his reply was ' it is nothing to do with me anymore and it looks like I am off!'

Passing on what I have been told.

My source say Peltier and confirming of Hyland...

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 am

Einstein wrote:
carlccfc wrote:There was two players in the stand tonight, that are expected to sign in the next 24 hours, one is right back from Huddersfield, no prizes for guessing who.

Huddersfield Town defender Lee Peltier is a target for Cardiff City and is expected to sign.

I don't know the name of the second player or even position.

Le Fondre was also overheard answering a question 'what is going on ?' And his reply was ' it is nothing to do with me anymore and it looks like I am off!'

Passing on what I have been told.

My source say Peltier and confirming of Hyland...

Peltier... Could go badly. Hyland I have high hopes for.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:14 am

Still waiting for Peltier news, but could le Fondre be on his way out?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:45 am

To be fair, Le Fondre appears to be trying for most of the time. However, he is paid to score goals, and for whatever reason he isn't doing it.

To be fair, Russell Slade has inherited an overpaid squad which was built by 2 previous mangers, both of whom were useless and got sacked ultimately because of poor results and non-achievement. At least if he ultimately fails, it will be with his own team. You don't have to spend big to get out of this league, and a number of team in recent years have taken a step back, even relegation, before moving forward again. Southampton, Norwich and Leicester come to mind. In addition to that, a number of teams have come straight up from League 1 and immediately done well, like Bournemouth and Brentford this year, and even (dare I say it) Swansea.

My main worry with Slade would be IF we ended up in the Premier League - I'm pretty sure he would be out of his depth there.

Of course, he could just be the scapegoat. Get him to do the dirty work and get rid of the high earners, then when the club finishes near the bottom (surely not relegated?), the management can sack him and bring in a new manager with money to build a new challenging squad.

Off the field, we have the infrastructure in place, especially the stadium, to do well in the Premier League. With a bit more preparation, we might get there and stay next time. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

bluebird58 wrote:To be fair, Le Fondre appears to be trying for most of the time. However, he is paid to score goals, and for whatever reason he isn't doing it.

To be fair, Russell Slade has inherited an overpaid squad which was built by 2 previous mangers, both of whom were useless and got sacked ultimately because of poor results and non-achievement. At least if he ultimately fails, it will be with his own team. You don't have to spend big to get out of this league, and a number of team in recent years have taken a step back, even relegation, before moving forward again. Southampton, Norwich and Leicester come to mind. In addition to that, a number of teams have come straight up from League 1 and immediately done well, like Bournemouth and Brentford this year, and even (dare I say it) Swansea.

My main worry with Slade would be IF we ended up in the Premier League - I'm pretty sure he would be out of his depth there.

Of course, he could just be the scapegoat. Get him to do the dirty work and get rid of the high earners, then when the club finishes near the bottom (surely not relegated?), the management can sack him and bring in a new manager with money to build a new challenging squad.

Off the field, we have the infrastructure in place, especially the stadium, to do well in the Premier League. With a bit more preparation, we might get there and stay next time. :ayatollah:

Am I reading you correctly when you are saying that Mackay was useless? The guy got us to the Premier League for God sake!
I didn't agree with what went on with him and Moody, and some of his transfer deals were a bit dubious to say the least, but he got us to the promised land for the first time in 50 years! Get your facts right please.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:39 pm

DITH80 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:To be fair, Le Fondre appears to be trying for most of the time. However, he is paid to score goals, and for whatever reason he isn't doing it.

Am I reading you correctly when you are saying that Mackay was useless? The guy got us to the Premier League for God sake!
I didn't agree with what went on with him and Moody, and some of his transfer deals were a bit dubious to say the least, but he got us to the promised land for the first time in 50 years! Get your facts right please.

I did. He was sacked because he obviously couldn't keep us in the Premier League. The other business behind the scenes obviously didn't help, but if the team wasn't playing so badly he would have stayed. Mind you, when it comes down to it nearly all managers are sacked because of team performance. If Malky Mackay can revive Wigan, then he'll prove to me he is an excellent manager rather than a good one.
I

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Still waiting for Peltier news, but could le Fondre be on his way out?

I really do hope so! I really have not got a clue what Le Fondre adds to the team? He is supposed to be a goal scorer, a fox in the box, I'm sorry, but he has had more than enough chances to score goals and his record has been abysmal. He may come good elsewhere, but it isn't happening for him at this club. :thumbup:

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Lee Peltier is this a done deal?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Ibby wrote:Lee Peltier is this a done deal?

Tomorrow yes.