Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Matt Daehli did not fit with Slades vision for Cardiff '

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Strongly suggest he was moved because of longball football. Bad translation again but you get the gist.

Tuesday 20th Jan 2015

The young player from Manchester United and Cardiff, A portrait of the young man.

Britain has left its formative traces on Mats Moller Daehli. Not only do the 19 year old Norwegian converse in perfect English and act with british understatement. His eyes light up almost, when he speaks of the time in the youth academy of Manchester United.

With the German language is the weak still, but one thing Mats Moller Daehli already know: The Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in the world, ".

Deep in his heart Möller Daehli still loves Britian and its football. But recently, after a short intermediate station at Molde FK in norway, it ran for him on the island not quite as desired.

With Cardiff City in the Premier League, he was relegated to the second division and then he found himself on the bench. The Welsh had changed the team manager, he says, and with it the system. No more technically-playful football, but with classic British virtues: "A lot of struggle and long balls," says Möller Daehli.

Anyone who has seen his first appearance at this week's training match against Mainz 05 of the SC, would have become aware quickly: That's not Möller Daehlis preferred style. The diminutive youngster loves dribbling and quick, short passing. "The ball is Mats 'friend' says Freiburg Captain Julian Schuster, who is also Möller Daehlis roommate at the training camp. "I love pass and move and combination passes," says the Norwegian and smiles quietly to himself.

For this reason,Freiburg will look after him. The "ball at the ground, as he says, will be maintained in Freiburg, which makes the play and work out a lot of fun for him. He was surprised a little at the intensity of the exercise program, which was more intense than in Britian but after awhile he had been a bit more prepared. From an intimate knowledge of the Freiburg practices.
England is, at least for now, ticked off. Only the mothers support will remain. Together with her, he is looking for an apartment in Freiburg, sometimes she will come visit in Baden him then. On the island, she was almost always at his side, "but then," he says, "I was still very young."
Says it and withdraws. "Rest," he says, the training was very exhausting. Very professional, the young man: coach Christian Streich is going to like it.
http://www.badische-zeitung.de/sport/sc ... ts-moeller -daehli-kommt-zum-reifen-nach-baden--99102712.html

Re: Daehli did not fit with slades vision for Cardiff

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:04 pm

It wasn't just Daelhi we lost but when we got rid of Ole far too prematurely we also lost our chance of developing into a true footballing side.

This article just proves the point.

Really sad!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Remember "Difference of opinion"

All IMO :old:

Tan wanted straight back up, Ole was trying to break the biggest squad in football league history record when Tan said "Ole WTF are you doing ? Do what you want if we go straight back up, but this ain't going to happen is it ?"

"If we are going to develop a style reduce the playing costs quickly, but you ain't got the balls for letting players go have you ?"

"close the door on the way out"

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Skewett wrote:It wasn't just Daelhi we lost but when we got rid of Ole far too prematurely we also lost our chance of developing into a true footballing side.

Really sad!

We were in free fall, ole had to go we just picked the wrong replacement

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:49 am

nubbsy wrote:
Skewett wrote:It wasn't just Daelhi we lost but when we got rid of Ole far too prematurely we also lost our chance of developing into a true footballing side.

Really sad!

Norwich fans said who? About their new boss he was asst coach at some average scots club! Is he wrong replacement because dispite no experience at all as manager he seems to be doing ok? So never know in football :thumbup:

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Really sad!

Norwich fans said who? About their new boss he was asst coach at some average scots club! Is he wrong replacement because dispite no experience at all as manager he seems to be doing ok? So never know in football :thumbup:

slade never seemed the right replacement for ole......and as yet it looks like he isnt proving us wrong..

Re: ' Matt Daehli did not fit with Slades vision for Cardif

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:06 am

I think the main problem is the lack of consistency and long term planning. You build a squad for one type of football, then apply a manager with a different philosophy to manage them. Happened when Malky was sacked, and happened again when Slade took over. Cardiff simply needs to decide what brand of football they want to play, and try to stick with that. Maybe a sports director would not be such a bad idea.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 am

no room for luxury player like him whilst in a mid table scrap

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 am

Gavin wrote:no room for luxury player like him whilst in a mid table scrap

Well we are carrying a luxury player in Whittingham snd Daehli is light years ahead of him in ability so it doesnt ting true

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:28 am

City Slicker wrote:

Well we are carrying a luxury player in Whittingham snd Daehli is light years ahead of him in ability so it doesnt ting true

A mate of mine is a youth coach down at ccfc and he has regular contact with the first team coaches, he told me that he asked one of them who were the best footballers at the club in his opinion, and he said as follows:

'Marshall is the biggest talent at the club, but outfield it is without question Peter Whittingham'

I know that we are all entitled to form our own opinions, we watch the players enough, I just wanted to give you a view from inside the club.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 am

Gavin wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

A mate of mine is a youth coach down at ccfc and he has regular contact with the first team coaches, he told me that he asked one of them who were the best footballers at the club in his opinion, and he said as follows:

'Marshall is the biggest talent at the club, but outfield it is without question Peter Whittingham'

I know that we are all entitled to form our own opinions, we watch the players enough, I just wanted to give you a view from inside the club.

Thank you Gavin I appreciate that. It doesn't fit in with what I see week in week out, month in month out, year in year out. But I appreciate other people have different views and thats not a bad thing. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Gavin wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

'Marshall is the biggest talent at the club, but outfield it is without question Peter Whittingham

Marshall and whitts are without a doubt the best senior players at the club, but your friend have forgotten about manga in my opnion. Hes a new arrival but from what I have seen he could rivals whitts for the title best outfield player.
By the way do we call footballers in their 30s "talent"?
By the time you hit your mid to late 20s you're expected to be the finished article should happen in your mid to late 20s. A talent is usually a younger player.
I can remember when the players were asked who is the best footballer at the club in the sunmer,the two people they mentioned was daehli and whitts. I would say that was spot on, only daehli has the benefit of being 11 years younger , he is will no doubt improve as his body fills out and work on the aspects of his game that needs improvement. Whitts is like the older more reliable player, no doubt more effective at this point in time. But he isn't the future of the club at 30.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Daehli is ridiculously overrated. He had a decent run at the start of the season & only had moments of note... Pretty much like his whole time at the club.

If he was as good as some say on here, it's amazing that nobody else came in for him, especially with him only costing £2million.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Daehli is ridiculously overrated. He had a decent run at the start of the season & only had moments of note... Pretty much like his whole time at the club.

If he was as good as some say on here, it's amazing that nobody else came in for him, especially with him only costing £2million.

Dæhli is 19. And last season wanted by Man Utd. A great talent.