Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A quick knock up of a New City Badge '

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:14 pm

A five minute knock up. needs work (especially on the Bluebirds lettering, I know...)

What would you add? what would you take away?

Re: A quick knock up

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:15 pm

I'd be happy with that.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Just a preliminary sketch before I get it all shiny.

Before I change bits and polish it up
Would anybody miss the daffs? Or any other parts of our older badges, like the city crest? Etc.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Very nice, I'd be happy with that too. Very clean and simple.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:57 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:Image

A five minute knock up. needs work (especially on the Bluebirds lettering, I know...)

I would be happy with that :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I would be happy with that :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:D :bluescarf:

I was thinking about having a grey/white crowd behind it just to add some texture... Not so sure. I'll polish it up and get everything symmetrical tomorrow at work. I'm annoyed with how the "Bluebirds" writing turned out in this one, but it was just a quick brain storm.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:D :bluescarf:

I was thinking about having a grey/white crowd behind it just to add some texture... Not so sure. I'll polish it up and get everything symmetrical tomorrow at work. I'm annoyed with how the "Bluebirds" writing turned out in this one, but it was just a quick brain storm.

Worth looking at :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' A quick knock up of a New City Badge '

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Nothing more needed

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:15 pm

That's a cracker :thumbup:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Plain and simple, like it :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:28 pm

I thought the new badge had to have something to do with Malaysia on it??

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:32 pm

caerblue wrote:I thought the new badge had to have something to do with Malaysia on it??

I'll make one that has the Malaysian suns on it somewhere...

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 pm

What about something to do with tans culture
No chance of that badge he will have something of his own on it also

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:35 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:What about something to do with tans culture
No chance of that badge he will have something of his own on it also

Yeah, Caerblue thought that as well. I'll see what I can find tomorrow when I'm doing another couple of mock ups. Have a selection.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Anybody know if they have dragons in Malaysia?

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:40 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:Anybody know if they have dragons in Malaysia?

Dragons don't exist mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:40 pm

I would remove the two footballs and give them too Whitts & Gunner so they could learn how to pass them forward. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

caerblue wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:Anybody know if they have dragons in Malaysia?

Dragons don't exist mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

GAME OF THRONES LIED TO ME!!?!?!!?!?!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Rubbish. Im not going to tell you its good and lie to you like some of this thread. The mentality that its taking part that counts is whats killing this country. You tried and you failed. Accept your place as a loser and move on. I'll give it 1/10 for dropping the beer mat look.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Yeah I'd be happy with that defiantly. Yeah they have dragons in Malaysia they breath fire AND passion

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:03 pm

I like it but me thinks the dragon will be a lot larger :old:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:04 pm

blueminati wrote:Rubbish. Im not going to tell you its good and lie to you like some of this thread. The mentality that its taking part that counts is whats killing this country. You tried and you failed. Accept your place as a loser and move on. I'll give it 1/10 for dropping the beer mat look.

If you could give any constructive criticism I might actually listen. If not I'll be more than happy to ignore you. Petty and juvenile.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:07 pm

I did one earlier pretty much like my avatar but with the Malaysian sun. First thought was nah! People will point blank refuse.. So I didn't post it!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:10 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
blueminati wrote:Rubbish. Im not going to tell you its good and lie to you like some of this thread. The mentality that its taking part that counts is whats killing this country. You tried and you failed. Accept your place as a loser and move on. I'll give it 1/10 for dropping the beer mat look.

If you could give any constructive criticism I might actually listen. If not I'll be more than happy to ignore you. Petty and juvenile.

I did give you constructive criticism. Try again. Ignore away. Its not going to change the fact its rubbish.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:13 pm

blueminati wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:

I did give you constructive criticism. Try again. Ignore away. Its not going to change the fact its rubbish.

You quite obviously don't understand the difference between criticism and Constructive criticism

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:14 pm

This is what i knocked up earlier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 pm

karlmpayne wrote:This is what i knocked up earlier.

I like that. I was thinking of adding Malaysian sun's as they're small and might be able to be overlooked.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Not usually fussed on a round badge but I like this.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:

I like that. I was thinking of adding Malaysian sun's as they're small and might be able to be overlooked.

Yeah it also gave me a chance to bring in the daffodil too which helps balance the badge out.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Would be happy with this, think something in the background may be a good idea like you said