Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Vincent Tan full statement '

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

Why could he not just go back to the old badge? Why should Cardiff City have to have a badge that reflects Malaysion culture and beliefs?

My concern is that so many people will be pleased with this and accept whatever crappy new badge we get. Cardiff City has changed for good and will never be the same again.

Tan Out!!!

The badge is just a badge and nowhere near as important as the colour. Even the current one is 10 times better than that horrid black & yellow thing we once had.

We're Cardiff City & we love to complain.

Badge wise, there have been 4 major rebrands (and even more smaller ones) since the 80s.

Badges change, it does happen. Who knows, they might even come up with something even better than the "old" [Last] badge

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

Why could he not just go back to the old badge? Why should Cardiff City have to have a badge that reflects Malaysion culture and beliefs?

My concern is that so many people will be pleased with this and accept whatever crappy new badge we get. Cardiff City has changed for good and will never be the same again.

Tan Out!!!

No they won't make that mistake again, it will be a decent badge, with a prominent Bluebird and a blue shirt : :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Vincent Tan full statement

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Excellent news and magnanimous statement from Vincent Tan

I'm not sure what that means, but yeah!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
eddiep wrote:"Ohh Vincents' Mam - IsWonderful,
Ohh Vincents' Mam - is Wonderful.
She is a big Buddhist Bluebird
Oh Vincents Mam is Wonderful"

:bluescarf:

Ha ha, love it :bluescarf:

Buddha was a Bluebird
Buddha was a Bluebird
lalalala
lalalala

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

Ha ha, love it :bluescarf:

Buddha was a Bluebird
Buddha was a Bluebird
lalalala
lalalala

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bytegirl/ ... 558418275/

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Denzil wrote:Thank you very much Vincent Tan. There were no winners and losers in the rebrand. We have all learnt a lot about each other, history, respect, customs and how to conduct ourselves. Lets all move on together as one and put this club on an even financial footing where VT does not have to bank roll the club. Lets get a decent scouting and coaching system in place along with our academy and move forward over the next 5 years with some sort of a plan. Now lets support the players , manager and the club, whatever league position we are in.

THIS! ^^^^^

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Good to know that even with all that money, Tan still listens to his Mam when he gets a bollocking. :laughing6: :bluescarf:

Fair play to VT, not easy admitting a mistake. Great move. :thumbup:

Re: Vincent Tan full statement

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Gavin wrote:Thank you very much Mr Tan (and mama Tan)

Never underestimate the value of a mother's words! ;)

Magnanimous indeed from Vincent Tan and something that needs to be appreciated by all :notworthy:

CARDIFF CITY FC IS ONCE AGAIN BLUE AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:31 pm

That'll do for me! Thank you very much Mr Tan :bluescarf:

Oh and thank you very much Mr Tan's Mum!

Re: ' Vincent Tan full statement ' (Inc video)

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 pm

####OP edited to add video from presser####

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Tan didn't want a spanking from his mum :laughing6: jokes aside Well Done Tan for finally sucking up his pride and listened now he will get the respect that he craves and now we can all move on and progress in BLUE :bluescarf: :ayatollah: in the Big Proud club of Cardiff City The Bluebirds! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Well done tan cant wait for game tomorrow :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm not big on singing but even I might give that a go! :bluescarf: :D

Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Diolch yn fawr Mr Tan.
A well written statement - now lets all get behind the club and Vincent Tan.
Lets also hope that Russell Slade can prove me and many others wrong and bring success on the field.
:thumbup:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Excellent statement, so pleased :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I have been saying for the last two years Tan would be the biggest hero in South Wales if he put us back to blue,well now he has and in my eyes he is deffo mine now,like they been saying on the news now is the time to all unite let bygones be bygones :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Let be honest he only changed it, because he was losing fans.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:46 am

Denzil wrote:Thank you very much Vincent Tan. There were no winners and losers in the rebrand. We have all learnt a lot about each other, history, respect, customs and how to conduct ourselves. Lets all move on together as one and put this club on an even financial footing where VT does not have to bank roll the club. Lets get a decent scouting and coaching system in place along with our academy and move forward over the next 5 years with some sort of a plan. Now lets support the players , manager and the club, whatever league position we are in.

Well said! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Tan Out!!!

The badge is just a badge and nowhere near as important as the colour. Even the current one is 10 times better than that horrid black & yellow thing we once had.

We're Cardiff City & we love to complain.

That's your opinion to some a badge is like a coat of arms you fight for the badge not a colour of a shirt. It can tell a story and reflect on the history of the club in much more detail than a single colour ever can. Unfortunately, it now looks set that that our coat of arms that we expect our players to fight for will have a malaysion element. I'm pleased at the reversal but I have always said it has to be the colour and the badge. I guess we will just have to wait and see what lies in store and we will have to wait and see what this new badge is before I can say I'm 100% happy or not. The next element of concern is we are still in the same league as when Tan took over, however instead of being 30 odd mil in debt we are now probably in excess of 130 mil. So for all those holding Tan up on a pedestal I say think about the debt, and think about the fact your praising tan for a rebrand reversal of which we are yet to see the badge.

For me Tan has done more harm than good so far and I'll still like him to leave. However, I'm always willing to be proved wrong and I hope I am. This is a good start though.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 am

Swap the bluebird and the dragon on the current badge (and change the colours obviously) and that would be ok for me/ as has been said many times, badges change over the years and there shouldn't be a fear of compromise. we need to move forward as one. Tan has admitted he was wrong and reversed the rebrand... even going so far as to apply for special permission to do it from yesterday, instead of waiting until next season.

he deserves a measure of respect for the amount of time and money he has already put in, and for admitting his mistake, which can be very hard to do, especially when you're in the limelight as much as him.

I don't know what he means by aspects of his culture, but we shall see next season and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

it goes without saying, unfortunately, with cardiff fans. There will be somebody moaning because "the bluebird is big, but there's still some white space around it and it doesn't say we'll always be blue and I wanted an ice cream but nobody gave me one"

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:59 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:Swap the bluebird and the dragon on the current badge (and change the colours obviously) and that would be ok for me/ as has been said many times, badges change over the years and there shouldn't be a fear of compromise. we need to move forward as one. Tan has admitted he was wrong and reversed the rebrand... even going so far as to apply for special permission to do it from yesterday, instead of waiting until next season.

he deserves a measure of respect for the amount of time and money he has already put in, and for admitting his mistake, which can be very hard to do, especially when you're in the limelight as much as him.

I don't know what he means by aspects of his culture, but we shall see next season and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

it goes without saying, unfortunately, with cardiff fans. There will be somebody moaning because "the bluebird is big, but there's still some white space around it and it doesn't say we'll always be blue and I wanted an ice cream but nobody gave me one"

What is your favourite badge & what badge was on the shirt when you started going :bluescarf: ,

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Xcasual wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:Swap the bluebird and the dragon on the current badge (and change the colours obviously) and that would be ok for me/ as has been said many times, badges change over the years and there shouldn't be a fear of compromise. we need to move forward as one. Tan has admitted he was wrong and reversed the rebrand... even going so far as to apply for special permission to do it from yesterday, instead of waiting until next season.

What is your favourite badge & what badge was on the shirt when you started going :bluescarf: ,

When I started, the SH piece of crap. My favourite I would probably say the previous one which had reigned through since the 80s, though what most people refer to as the old badge" is fairly close.

I wouldn't mind going back to that crest, but as long as we're blue I don't mind that much of a compromise. we don't even know what it's going to be yet, there is only speculation from all parties. as long as it's mostly blue (can't see it being anything else with a blue home kit) and the bluebird is big as they've promised I don't mind.

even if they just took the current badge and swapped the bluebird and the dragon it would still be better for me than the SH badge and I don't mind a bit of modernizing.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:48 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

When I started, the SH piece of crap. My favourite I would probably say the previous one which had reigned through since the 80s, though what most people refer to as the old badge" is fairly close.

I wouldn't mind going back to that crest, but as long as we're blue I don't mind that much of a compromise. we don't even know what it's going to be yet, there is only speculation from all parties. as long as it's mostly blue (can't see it being anything else with a blue home kit) and the bluebird is big as they've promised I don't mind.

even if they just took the current badge and swapped the bluebird and the dragon it would still be better for me than the SH badge and I don't mind a bit of modernizing.

:thumbup: