Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Vincent Tan full statement ' (Inc video)

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 pm

' Vincent Tan full statement '

Friday 9th January 2015

The Christmas and New Year period has given me time to reflect on the events of the last year. Spending time with my family had a profound effect upon me. My mother, Madam Low Siew Beng, a devout Buddhist, who attended Cardiff City Football Club to watch them play, spoke to me on the importance of togetherness, unity and happiness.

Cardiff City Football Club is important to me and I wish to see it united and happy. With the guidance, blessing and influence of my mother, I asked my Chairman, Mehmet Dalman and Chief Executive Officer, Ken Choo for their advice and to consult with a good cross-section of the fan base.

This meeting took place last night, when some seventy representatives of our supporters were present. My thanks and gratitude to those who gave up their evening and time to be there. I am informed that this was a very productive and frank exchange of views, but all with the same objective to strengthen our Club. These views were also added to by a large number of emails that were sent to the Club over the last 24 hours from our wider supporter base.

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy, “Let us never compromise out of fear. But let us never fear to compromise.”

My wish is to unite and make the Club successful and in order to achieve this I fully support the Board’s decision to implement the following changes:

1. Starting from Saturday, 10 January 2015 and until the end of this season, our home kit shall be Blue. Our Away Kit shall be Red. I would like to thank the Football League for their approval to facilitate my request.

2. For the 2015/16 season, Cardiff City’s home kit colour shall be Blue. Our Away Kit colour shall be Red.

3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward.

We will deal with this in due course, with all decisions made in the best interest of the Club.

5. For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices.

I very much hope these steps will bring unity, success and happiness to our Club. The challenge ahead for us is enormous and I truly believe we will overcome these obstacles as a united Club. I believe with divine blessings, Cardiff City Football Club will achieve great success.

Warm regards

Vincent Tan Chee Yioun

Re: Vincent Tan full statement

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Absoloutely buzzing. Vincent tan you now have my utmost respect and support going forward as a united club

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank you very much Mr Tan (and mama Tan)

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 pm

great statement to read very happy !!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Excellent news and magnanimous statement from Vincent Tan

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Fair play to the guy, I cant wait to stand by my mates tomorrow and scream bluebirds bluebirds f**k I'm :bluescarf: happy

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Gavin wrote:Thank you very much Mr Tan (and mama Tan)

Mum knows best :thumbup: :lol:

Re: ' Vincent Tan full statement '

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Thank you Mr Tan

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

We all make mistakes and learn from them. Thank you Tan.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Thank you very much Vincent Tan. There were no winners and losers in the rebrand. We have all learnt a lot about each other, history, respect, customs and how to conduct ourselves. Lets all move on together as one and put this club on an even financial footing where VT does not have to bank roll the club. Lets get a decent scouting and coaching system in place along with our academy and move forward over the next 5 years with some sort of a plan. Now lets support the players , manager and the club, whatever league position we are in.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:40 pm

So, so pleased, thank you Mr Tan, this is the right decision. Always thought it would happen eventually - hope we can push on as a football club together now, so gutted can't be there tomorrow. What a great start to the year!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:41 pm

BRILLIANT NEWS :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Now Mr Tan you will know what its like to be a bluebird.

Welcome !!!!!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:44 pm

It takes a big man to admit he has made a mistake and we must never forget we have a lot to thank Vincent Tan for but the heartbeat of any Club is the supporters and with a divide between Club and fans you will not have sustained success.

I hope we can all now move together united with no recriminations let us show respect to the Chairman and in return he shows respect for our history and identity together we can make our Club great again :old: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Well done Tan, you will see an entirely different club, next time you come back to support the Bluebirds in : :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:47 pm

:o Speechless :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you Mr Tan. Now get others things right you know Slade is not the answer.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Should always listen to your Mam!!

Classy statement, although I'm dreading that the MP who said let's have a Malaysian flag on the badge last night has just given him another crazy idea :lol:

You have got to give it to Vinnie - he ain't afraid of sticking his chin in where it hurts.

Bluebirds!!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CTID

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm

But Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

VINCENT YOU WILL DO AS YOU ARE TOLD!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Great news, can enjoy supporting my hometown club again :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:00 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

Why could he not just go back to the old badge? Why should Cardiff City have to have a badge that reflects Malaysion culture and beliefs?

My concern is that so many people will be pleased with this and accept whatever crappy new badge we get. Cardiff City has changed for good and will never be the same again.

Tan Out!!!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:01 pm

He used to be RED , and now he's all blueeee, with the help from his mother, Tan is now all blueeee... :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Why could he not just go back to the old badge? Why should Cardiff City have to have a badge that reflects Malaysion culture and beliefs?

My concern is that so many people will be pleased with this and accept whatever crappy new badge we get. Cardiff City has changed for good and will never be the same again.

Tan Out!!!

We need to move forward as one. Why not have a redesigned new badge? as long as it features our bluebird big and proud as they have said it will. There are so many "old badges" to go back to.

Can we not just have one day of being happy and showing that we can move forward as one?

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Buddha bless you mamma Tan, may you receive the boomest vibrations from South Wales ! :notworthy:
Last edited by nubbsy on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 pm

"Ohh Vincents' Mam - IsWonderful,
Ohh Vincents' Mam - is Wonderful.
She is a big Buddhist Bluebird
Oh Vincents Mam is Wonderful"

:bluescarf:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:08 pm

eddiep wrote:"Ohh Vincents' Mam - IsWonderful,

I'm down for that tomorrow :) at 20:15?

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:11 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Tan Out!!!

We need to move forward as one. Why not have a redesigned new badge? as long as it features our bluebird big and proud as they have said it will. There are so many "old badges" to go back to.

Can we not just have one day of being happy and showing that we can move forward as one?

Got to say I agree here, as long as it first and foremost represents Cardiff and the bluebird, I'm happy with a compromise badge

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Tan Out wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Tan Out!!!

The badge is just a badge and nowhere near as important as the colour. Even the current one is 10 times better than that horrid black & yellow thing we once had.

We're Cardiff City & we love to complain.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Funny as f**k

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:17 pm