Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LET CARDIFF CITY KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS '

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:02 pm

sent

They have to be in by 22.00 pm today btw.............

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:03 pm

your original fan number stays with you wether you have re newed or not
you do not get a new number every time you renew :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am am emailing in response to the statement on the Cardiff City website that asks for opinions from fans.

The main area of concern for myself is that of the rebranding that happened a couple of years ago. It was clear that Tan Sri Vincent Tan wanted to bring success to our club and, for that, I and many others are grateful. We are grateful for the investment and the time that has been spent to make our beloved club competitive. We are grateful for the fact that our club has been seen around the world, during our season in the Premier League.

However, the rebranding has also caused a lot of hurt to many, many supporters. To us, the club will always be blue - it is a reminder and a link to friends and relatives with whom we used to attend games; many of whom are no longer with us. Blue is a link to the past, to victories that (although not 'famous' on an international level) were special to us. It is the colour that binds the whole city together. And it is they colour with which we always hoped to succeed.

When I, and others, have held our blue scarves at matches and sung "We'll always be blue", it has never been to annoy or upset anyone else, especially the owner or employees of our club. It has only been sung to make us feel that we are still part of our club, to let us feel a link with the past and with all those friends and family that we miss sitting next to us.

We will always be grateful to Tan Sri Vincent Tan for what he has given to our club - we, as true supporters, want to return the favour by getting fully behind the club and the team, singing them on to success and future glory. I feel that the only way that this can be achieved is by returning us to blue, with our Bluebird badge being worn with pride.

Imagine what this could accomplish - a whole club, a whole city, united and supporting the team. There would be no stopping us!

May I urge Tan Sri Vincent Tan, and all those involved with our great club, to please restore our true colours and badge - unite our fans, unite our city, make the Cardiff City stadium a fortress of blue where other teams fear to come!

If the dream of seeing our true colours and badge reinstated becomes a reality, the person who makes it possible would forever be seen as a hero to all Cardiff City fans.

With many thanks.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:10 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:How would I find my fan number? Iv not had a ST since the rebrand.

Should still have the same number on your old ST cards

I didnt keep my old ST cards. Could I ring the ticket office?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:13 pm

yes im sure they can find it for you :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:yes im sure they can find it for you :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thanks mate.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 pm

As one of those apparently rare supporters (since 1959 I should add) who is not that bothered about the shirt colour, I have been very impressed by the tone and the content of virtually all these letters. I would even join in if Mr Tan sanctions the return to blue but on condition that we change our name.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

I am new to this forum but here was my email:

Admittedly I don’t go to many games these days since my father died last year but I still follow Cardiff through a number of Media routes.

IWhen we changed to Red I was surprised and a little disappointed but realistic and optimistic as Mr Tan had invested a lot of time and money into our club and after all he now owned CCFC and therefore was within his rights to change things. After all the future was looking bright and promotion looked a possibility which proved to be the outcome 12 months later.

At the time I also thought sacking MM was a mistake but it seems that this was the right decision in the end due to the nature of his deplorable behaviour.

That said, the issue over the rebranding has caused a lot of disharmony for the club and at a time when all the fans should be getting behind the players and the management to push for promotion other issues are starting to take over. For someone who does not have a real issue about the rebranding, I still feel that a change back to Blue or a mixture of Blue and Red would put the past behind us and bring everyone together again. We need to be as one and not fragmented if we are going to be successful.

It would be great if the change was agreed and then Mr Tan attended the Fulham game. I am sure he would see the difference in attitude towards him and would be welcomed in a manner appropriate to that for one who has ultimately saved our club from the brink of closure.

I understand that it would be difficult for Mr Tan to go back on his decision but being a successful businessman I am sure he realises that if something isn’t working then changes, and sometimes big changes need to be made. Yes, this would be a massive turn around and probably very difficult for him but I think everyone at the club would benefit, not just the small minded fans who chant their hatred every week but right up to Board level and ultimately Mr Tan.

I did read on one amusing forum message that said if we go back to blue one of the fans said he would wear just his pair of blue underwear to the game, the reasoning being that as Mr Tan would possibly feel humiliated in standing down from his stance then he would also suffer some humiliation as well in mutual respect. However, I am not sure if that is something I want to see!

Anyway, I hope the meeting goes well and compromises are made and certain fans use their heads and not their hearts, well not too much!

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Here's mine I'm not very good at writing so it may be a bit crap

I have been a life long supporter of this club (I'm 32 now) I would like to thank Tan for coming in and saving us from extinction however it come at a price that fans were not consulted and we were rebranded to red. I appreciate that Mr Tan finds red "lucky" however a football club is about belonging to the community and to the fans , and when the club was rebranded it hurt and divided the fan base , I have continued to attend out of habit but haven't bought any merchandise since the rebrand, I just dont identify with the club in red and the badge, I identify us as Cardiff in blue and the bluebirds ,
I wish the club would play in blue at home (with a badge with bluebird prominent) and if Mr Tan would like red, then red as an away kit (Ironically we would sell more red kits) I employ the club to see reason and please reverse the rebrand so we can unite as one and move this great club forward together

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Colourblind wrote:As one of those apparently rare supporters (since 1959 I should add) who is not that bothered about the shirt colour, I have been very impressed by the tone and the content of virtually all these letters. I would even join in if Mr Tan sanctions the return to blue but on condition that we change our name.

Someone's on a wind up

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Done mine :bluescarf: followed the city from 1968 to 2014, every city fan must let the club know their feelings

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:46 pm

BournvilleBlue wrote:I am new to this forum but here was my email:

Admittedly I don’t go to many games these days since my father died last year but I still follow Cardiff through a number of Media routes.

IWhen we changed to Red I was surprised and a little disappointed but realistic and optimistic as Mr Tan had invested a lot of time and money into our club and after all he now owned CCFC and therefore was within his rights to change things. After all the future was looking bright and promotion looked a possibility which proved to be the outcome 12 months later.

At the time I also thought sacking MM was a mistake but it seems that this was the right decision in the end due to the nature of his deplorable behaviour.

That said, the issue over the rebranding has caused a lot of disharmony for the club and at a time when all the fans should be getting behind the players and the management to push for promotion other issues are starting to take over. For someone who does not have a real issue about the rebranding, I still feel that a change back to Blue or a mixture of Blue and Red would put the past behind us and bring everyone together again. We need to be as one and not fragmented if we are going to be successful.

It would be great if the change was agreed and then Mr Tan attended the Fulham game. I am sure he would see the difference in attitude towards him and would be welcomed in a manner appropriate to that for one who has ultimately saved our club from the brink of closure.

I understand that it would be difficult for Mr Tan to go back on his decision but being a successful businessman I am sure he realises that if something isn’t working then changes, and sometimes big changes need to be made. Yes, this would be a massive turn around and probably very difficult for him but I think everyone at the club would benefit, not just the small minded fans who chant their hatred every week but right up to Board level and ultimately Mr Tan.

I did read on one amusing forum message that said if we go back to blue one of the fans said he would wear just his pair of blue underwear to the game, the reasoning being that as Mr Tan would possibly feel humiliated in standing down from his stance then he would also suffer some humiliation as well in mutual respect. However, I am not sure if that is something I want to see!

Anyway, I hope the meeting goes well and compromises are made and certain fans use their heads and not their hearts, well not too much!

Well done, son. an impressive letter.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Here is my effort.....
I am a man of nearly 58 years who has supported Cardiff City all his life, as my father did before me. Firstly I would like to sincerely thank Mr Vincent Tan for his continued support for Cardiff City and his contribution to good causes in the Cardiff area.
In addition, I applaud this consultation meeting is a welcome effort to improve communication with the fans.
As a patriotic welsh speaking Welshman I can see the reasoning for wearing red and having a dragon symbol. However, the colour blue is enshrined in the history and culture of our club. Also the bluebird symbol has represented the club since the early years of the 20th century and is a symbol of happiness. The colour change has caused a great deal of ill feeling and division within the club. I would thereforeurge a return to blue. I would guess that 95% of fans feelthesameway. However we do not engage in abusive language towards the Chairman and management - this is not acceptable and there is no excuse for personal insults etc.
I would emphasise that a return to the club colours would not be seen as a climbdown but rather an act of wisdom. In Welsh there is a proverb "A fo ben bid bont" let him who is leader also be the bridge.
Finally, I sincerely hope that Mr Tan has not given up on his plan to make Cardiff City a powerhouse within British football and would welcome his continued support. Recent sales of talented players such as Daehli and the change of manager have caused concern to supporters who would want to press for promotion.

As I now live in North Wales, I can only get to 6 or 7 games per year, however I remain a fervant supporter.
On a minor point I think that the Welsh song "yma o hyd" should be played before our matches as it is a stirring protest song saying that "inspite of everybody and everything that happens" the Welsh people and its language live on. The words are also apt for Cardiff City FC. and of Mr Tans chairmanship. He is still with us and with sound advice I genuinely believe that he can become a hero for Cardiff fans.
:thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Lengee wrote:Here is my effort.....
I am a man of nearly 58 years who has supported Cardiff City all his life, as my father did before me. Firstly I would like to sincerely thank Mr Vincent Tan for his continued support for Cardiff City and his contribution to good causes in the Cardiff area.
In addition, I applaud this consultation meeting is a welcome effort to improve communication with the fans.
As a patriotic welsh speaking Welshman I can see the reasoning for wearing red and having a dragon symbol. However, the colour blue is enshrined in the history and culture of our club. Also the bluebird symbol has represented the club since the early years of the 20th century and is a symbol of happiness. The colour change has caused a great deal of ill feeling and division within the club. I would thereforeurge a return to blue. I would guess that 95% of fans feelthesameway. However we do not engage in abusive language towards the Chairman and management - this is not acceptable and there is no excuse for personal insults etc.
I would emphasise that a return to the club colours would not be seen as a climbdown but rather an act of wisdom. In Welsh there is a proverb "A fo ben bid bont" let him who is leader also be the bridge.
Finally, I sincerely hope that Mr Tan has not given up on his plan to make Cardiff City a powerhouse within British football and would welcome his continued support. Recent sales of talented players such as Daehli and the change of manager have caused concern to supporters who would want to press for promotion.

As I now live in North Wales, I can only get to 6 or 7 games per year, however I remain a fervant supporter.
On a minor point I think that the Welsh song "yma o hyd" should be played before our matches as it is a stirring protest song saying that "inspite of everybody and everything that happens" the Welsh people and its language live on. The words are also apt for Cardiff City FC. and of Mr Tans chairmanship. He is still with us and with sound advice I genuinely believe that he can become a hero for Cardiff fans.
:thumbup:

Great effort mate, I like that!

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Just sent mine - well structured and very emotional. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

We'll always be blue.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:25 pm

I wish to say firstly that I appreciate the money Mr Tan has put into the club,facilities and into local charities.

He has underestimated the feeling most fans have for our identity and history.

We would like to return our primary colour of kit to blue, i'm not bothered what colour our second kit is.

I would also like to return to a more traditional badge with the bluebird more prominent.

I would also like to see a plan put in place for the development of the playing side at Cardiff city. I am not worried about getting to the premier league, but I would like to see the club run on a more sustainable financial footing that could continue without Mr Tan having to plough millions into the club.

I would also like to see more of our academy players being given a chance to play first team football at the club, and see more welsh players represent Cardiff city.

If the club does not change from red back to blue, I will not renew my season ticket next season.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Denzil wrote:I wish to say firstly that I appreciate the money Mr Tan has put into the club,facilities and into local charities.

He has underestimated the feeling most fans have for our identity and history.

We would like to return our primary colour of kit to blue, i'm not bothered what colour our second kit is.

I would also like to return to a more traditional badge with the bluebird more prominent.

I would also like to see a plan put in place for the development of the playing side at Cardiff city. I am not worried about getting to the premier league, but I would like to see the club run on a more sustainable financial footing that could continue without Mr Tan having to plough millions into the club.

I would also like to see more of our academy players being given a chance to play first team football at the club, and see more welsh players represent Cardiff city.

If the club does not change from red back to blue, I will not renew my season ticket next season.

This was very similar to mine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Just sent this.

I have been a Cardiff City fan since the time my Grandad first took me in the 1997 Play-off semi final against Northampton. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a fan and can thank the club for many amazing memories such as the Leeds FA Cup game in 2002, Millenium Stadium in 2003, the Cup Finals in 2008 and 2012 and best of all promotion to the Premier League in 2013.

I assume this is about the rebrand and current events at the club so these are my thoughts.

I wasn't initially against the rebrand at first because I was scared, after years of lawsuits and winding up orders, that my local and favourite football team could be no more. I was excited by the investment to make the club a force but most of all delighted that the threat of extinction was gone.

I did not like the fact the clubs colour and badge had changed, however since I felt it was either that or bust I made an effort to appreciate it.

Watching Cardiff since then has always felt slightly odd and there is the thought that the sweet memory of promotion might have been even better if we had done it in blue, certainly it was sad that many missed out due to boycotting.

However the rebrand has now become untenable.

Firstly, Vincent Tan's aggressive media appearances which have incited the fans against him, some to a position where they will never accept him or even enjoy the football club until at least the rebrand is reversed and their entire focus on the club now centers on reversing the rebrand. I appreciate Mr Tan's interest in our club and actually am very grateful for his investment which has saved it, but that doesn't give him the right to treat the fans in this manner or to change the identity of the club to anything he wants it to be. If you invest in Cardiff City you invest in Cardiff City as it is. If the rebrand has never happend Mr Tan would be a living legend in Cardiff and he still can be should he reverse the rebrand and take a more amicable attitude towards the fans going forward.

Secondly, many fans are not buying merchandise or now even attending games or planning to renew season tickets. This began with the announcement of the rebrand and is increasing all the time with a #NoBlueNoRenew campaign currently ongoing. We are losing fans to Cardiff, possibly for forever. This club should outlive all of us but whether Mr Tan stays or not I am concerned it will not even be there for my children if I should have them someday. A club is nothing without its fans.

Thirdly, the atmosphere at the stadium has become poisonous and the matches are not really all enjoyable anymore and this is clearly affecting the performances of the team.

Lastly, it is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder and time has only served to lead us to fall more in love with the clubs traditional colours rather than forget it and love red instead. All the above points are only going to continue to get worse and the club should, as soon as possible, reverse the rebrand of the club.

Mr Tan has some interesting ideas and I do believe the club should use the red dragon more in marketing and it's identity but not at any expense to the traditional blue kit and bluebird identity.

I state again that I appreciate Mr Tan and his clear zeal and investment in our club and I hope he decides to stay for a very long time. But I also hope with great expectation that the club should return to a blue strip and bluebird identity.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:59 pm

just sent mine in.

revert us back to blue.
sort the badge out, the prominence of a dragon isnt as much an issue as the clear lack of effort put into designing it.
stop isolating the yourselves and the fans and unite to move forward.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Sent mine in earlier, not a long email but to the point

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Done

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Firstly may I thank you for finally being given this opportunity to express my views on the current and future state of my club. I have been following the city for 30+ years and have seen some real dire times both on and off the field. However, never once during these times did I question the worth of spending my monies to follow my team. The reasons for this, I guess that the team and its supporters were my extended family and I have made some good friends over the years watching the city. Therefore, I never lost the 'bug' or the buzz of going to games on a Saturday, that is, not until we no longer became the Cardiff City I started watching, people could no longer relate to the club, there was no sense of belonging to the 'family' we once had. In my opinion this was purely down to the rebrand which split the supporters, broke friendships and has just festered until what I believe has become breaking point and the only thing to try and change this trend and restore some of the pride in following this once very proud club is a return back to our heritage of blue home colours with the Bluebird prominent on the crest.
When Mr Tan came to our club, he was what we had dreamt of over the years and personally can't grasp how it went so wrong, however, the reasons are obvious. Mr Tan could have been idolised and going back to his investment I thank him for that, what I can't go on with is seeing the heart being ripped out of 'our' club, fighting between our once proud supporters, and ultimatley the crazy decision to change the club colours to red. There are many more issues over the past three years that have gnawed away at me, and it was prior to attending the Bournemouth game away that I broke and decided not to renew my season ticket next season and the final insult confirming my decision, was the fact we played needlessly in white. As i stated previously, ive witnessed some really bad times on the playing field so performances in the past few months is not the predominant reason for my decision, however this really hasnt helped and it seems quite bizarre that we seem to be selling all our talent and replacing them with lower league players.
In summary, I will not be renewing my season ticket for next season and will only consider it with a guarantee of a return to our rightful colour and our historic badge.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:15 pm

These are all excellent e-mail responses :ayatollah:

10pm deadline btw, keep sending them in please :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Sent my e-mail earlier saying I hope that we return to Blue. I said that all of the most memorable games I've attended over the years were with the City wearing blue shirts which included the Real Madrid game. I also said that my son who is 14 will not wear red to any game,home or away and that a return to Blue will hopefully re-unite our club

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Sent

:bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Fan no : 10263 . I have watched Cardiff play on a regular basis since 1998 and been a season ticket holder since 2005.

Dear Sirs

I would like to take this opportunity to plead with the club to return the primary playing colours and club badge to the traditional colours and form . The rebrand was never voted for by the fan base and in my opinion has been highly embarrassing and unsuccessful .

Please do the right thing.

Kind Regards