Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LET CARDIFF CITY KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS '

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 89827.aspx

Cardiff City Football Club would like to share the following information ahead of the consultative meeting this evening.

As stated, by request of Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Club representatives have invited a cross-section of supporters and stakeholders to discuss key topics. Chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo will be present to listen to supporter views on the future of the Club.

We appreciate that it is impossible to invite all supporters to the meeting and as such would like to offer an opportunity for all connected to the Club to share their thoughts via email. We do so with the assurance that all constructive views will be collated with equal significance. All Cardiff City supporter opinions are valid and are very much appreciated.

All emails should include your full name, fan number and postcode for validation purposes. The email address to send these views by 10pm tonight is:

consultation@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

We can confirm that approximately seventy representatives from major supporter organisations, local government, stakeholders, travel groups, messageboards and campaign groups will be in attendance tonight.

We look forward to and thank you for your continued views and support.

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... A3Tms7u.99

Re: LET CARDIFF CITY KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Remember to keep it clean and respectful :thumbright:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:42 pm

I've sent mine in, no insults, from the heart, asking nicely for the blue and stating reasons why it's the right decision.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Dear Sirs

I would respectfully request that Cardiff City FC return their home kit to Blue with a Bluebird as the main symbol for next season.

The club is hoplessely divided at present in red and a reversal of the rebrand would reinvigorate the club and unite us going forward as well as offering renewed commercial revenues.

Should the club take this action, I will look forward to renewing mine and my 2 childrens season tickets at the earliest opportunity.

I thank you for giving me the opportunity to put forward my views.

Yours Faithfully (and hopefully)

Justin Burt

Sent :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:I've sent mine in, no insults, from the heart, asking nicely for the blue and stating reasons why it's the right decision.

Good stuff.
Fans have (rightly) had a moan that they weren't invited for any sort of consultation but here it is so it's down to everyone to do the same as you :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:48 pm

All the more for it to be streamed live as we would like to see our questions answered otherwise what is the point..?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Have sent my Email - Lets hope for good news tonight. Im glad the club asked people to put our post code and fan number :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Done :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:55 pm

This is as clean & respectful as I could keep it....

To whom it may concern,

Can I first off by saying thank you for giving myself the opportunity to put my point across.

I must start by thanking Mr Tan himself for getting involved into this great football club, especially by putting in so much of his hard earned money to keep us in business. This cannot be under estimated, especially around the £1m or so that was/is needed to keep the club running every month.

We welcomed Mr Tan with open arms, a saviour who could help deliver us to the big time. To a degree this has happened but along with a very sorry state of affairs which have finally come to a head.

I am a reletivey new fan but have followed our club for 17 years since we were in the old 2nd division. I am a very proud & staunch Cardiff City fan but the issues over the past few years have left me embarrassed in MY club. I resent the fact that we play in Red & that our badge has changed. I appreciate Mr Tan's comments on the matter but he needs to release that for close on 100 years we have been Blue. You cannot but disregard so many years of traditional just because you feel red is a lucky colour.

If he felt this why not buy a red team in the first place? I must applaud the sacking of Malky Mackay, which was a tough decision because of the racism etc but I now fully support the decision.

Myself & a number of other season ticket holders in the canton stand will not be renewing under the current circumstances. I am on the last year of the price freeze & I find it out of order to pay close on £500 for a) my team playing in red b)the brand of football is shocking c) the atmosphere at the stadium is terrible and d) the fun I had following the City has been drained out of me.

Mr Tan I plead with you to listen to the fans & reverse the rebrand. You will be a hero, we all want the same goal but doing this in a red shirt, with a silly badge & some red seats in a blue stadium doesn't work.

Again thank you for funding our club, players & taking us to the Premier League. Now lets start over, clean slate & get back to the premier league.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:11 pm

I write with concerns to the future of Cardiff City FC, as a long time supporter, my first game was aged 7 in 1992 against Maesteg Park in the Welsh Cup as it was known. I immediately fell in love with club, and at every opportunity since I have attended both home & away fixtures with a group of close friends, this includes buying my first season ticket back in 2000, whilst I have not always been a season ticket holder or purchased tickets through the ticket office, I averaged around 15/16 games a season until I was able to afford once again to purchase my season tickets.

During my 23 years of going down “the City” I have experienced many highs and very many lows, be they relegations, cup loses, derby day blues etc but I have always wanted to return the next week to support my team. Over the past 2 years I have become ever more disillusioned with they way the club has been run, and at times the sheer ignorance of our owner to meet with the fans to discuss anything. I appreciate that Mr Tan is a very successful business man, however running a football club is not like any business which I am sure Mr Tan is now aware. As fans we are the lifeblood of this club, without us there would be no club, and on a personal note as it stands this is my final season coming to watch Cardiff City FC.

Over the course of 2014 the circus which had been created off the field simply took my love away from the club, to the point where at the most recent home game against Watford, I actively booed, and chanted against the team and management. I walked out of that stadium and tweeted to the club “RIP Cardiff City, today was when we totally turned against you.” or something to that effect, this was at the time how I felt. For Christmas I bought another lifelong Cardiff fan a half season ticket, this person my own father, gave the ticket back to me after the Watford game simply stating “Thanks, but that was s**t”, he now has vowed never to step in the football stadium again, and this saddened me, that even with our ups and downs we always had the football to talk about, from my group of friends who I used to regularly attend with from 20 of us, I am the only remaining one who still comes to games, although I have met new fans but even that has dwindled from 10/12 to 3 remaining.

The blame does not solely lay with “the rebranding” of the club from red to blue, but I’m sure even the most hardened of men can see that there is pretty clear (probably 95-5) split in the fan base at the moment, 95 being blue of course, I am not saying that a revert back to blue will solve all of our clubs issues, but it will reunite and divided fan base, as as stated above we are the heart and soul of the club, and we can turn this season round by getting back to what matters, the football and the team. So if the club are seriously ready to listen to us fans then they must acknowledge that the rebrand must be reversed and we must be back in blue for next season at home with a bluebird back on our badge.

Up until this consultation meeting was announced, I was not attending further games this season and I simply felt the club did not care about us or our opinions, and Mr Tan’s interview on Sky Sports News on Christmas Day ruined my day to be perfectly honest. I do not dislike or hate Mr Tan like others have ranted on social media, I think he is an honourable, successful business man, I simply think that he has been ill advised by those close to him, Mr Tan can, and should be a hero to us fans, he saved the club when it was at its lowest point (financially) and delivered the premier league to us for the first time, and top flight football for the first time in 50+ years.

I sincerely hope that we are back in blue next year and I can continue with my support of the club, it sounds petty saying that due to a colour I will not be attending any further games, but this is not Cardiff City, this is not the club I fell in love with all those years ago.

I trust all views will be acknowledged.

Kindest Regards
Last edited by billyako on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Here's my effort so far, haven't sent it off yet. Still has a bit of work needed on it. Admitidly it reads a bit like a Neville Chamberlain speak from the 1930's but I think it's the best way to achieve the reversal.

Just for a bit of background, this is my first 'red' season ticket due to not being able to take one up for the last two seasons for other reasons but I did manage to atten a few games in the 12/13 + 13/14 season when I could. I had one for years before the rebrand when I was able to.

I am writing to express my feelings on the future of Cardiff City FC. When the rebrand was first announced in May 2012, like many others I reluctantly chose to quietly go along with the regime and accept the colour change on the terms that Cardiff City would become a debt free cub. However, as time as passed it appears that not only was it far more unbearable watching my team in red. than I had first anticipated, the debt had also increased to 100 million + if the press reports are to be believed.

Having said that, that has all happend now, we are where we are and nothing can change the past. What can be changed is the future.

I feel it is imperative that in order to fully galvanise the available support and give Russell & the team the best chance of success, Cardiff City MUST play in blue at home and we must return to a badge with a more prominent bluebird. Although many fans have become disillusioned due to the rebrand as well as the current downturn in the quality of football, by changing the colour back there will be far less distractions for the team and the club staff and we can focus on achieving the common goal that the club and supporters should both be working towards; ensuring Cardiff City are as successful as they possibly can be.

As it is now I WILL NOT be renewing my season ticket for the 15/16 season if we are not returned to our rightful colours and I’m certain this is view shared by many others that could mean that the season ticket numbers drop below 10,000 for the first time in many years. The level or the quality of the football has no bearing on it for me, I’d support Cardiff whatever division they were in, as long as I felt proud to support them which I currently do not.

If it is a case that a return to blue mean that less must be spent on the footballing side of things then so be it. Many like myself are now in the position where we would trade the colour and be prepared to drop down a few leagues if needs be. However, with careful panning and implementation, there is no reason why Cardiff City can not start the 15/16 season in blue at home, and have a successful season on the pitch with the full effect of the fans support behind them.

Tan has changed my club almost beyond recognition but I’m sure that the vast majority (including myself) would be willing to forgive and embrace him if he implimented the return to blue in order for the continued success of the club.

Thank you for your time, ......

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 pm

I've sent mine. Basically the same as you lot. Politely saying that while I'm grateful for Tan's investment, red isn't working and hasn't been adopted by the fans and so we should return to blue ASAP. I stated I believed it would end the divide in the fanbase and allow us to get back to the football on the pitch.

I would encourage all fans to do the same and email their views in. Don't just think 'everyone else will do it, I won't bother', Tan needs to be left in no doubt what the fans want.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:21 pm

I've sent mine and I hope every other fan does the same. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Keep them short and to the point and there is more chance that they will be acknowledged or read...all good e mails so far though to be fair but a little too long I think

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:27 pm

corky wrote:Keep them short and to the point and there is more chance that they will be acknowledged or read...all good e mails so far though to be fair but a little too long I think

Corky, mine is short and sweet and to the point :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Good idea but flawed. A thousand jacks could email asking for red! Just saying.

They should have said to include your season ticket or membership number to weed out any fakes.

I hope it all goes ok. I would love it if we got our badge and our blue back.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Good idea but flawed. A thousand jacks could email asking for red! Just saying.

They should have said to include your season ticket or membership number to weed out any fakes.

"All emails should include your full name, fan number and postcode for validation purposes. The email address to send these views by 10pm tonight is:"

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Brilliant. That's great news.

Fingers crossed.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Here is mine, Hopefully the club will listen to our requests

Dear Sirs

I fully welcome tonight’s meeting which will hopefully start to repair the relationship between the club & it’s supporters

I have been a season ticket for the past 22 years and have supported the club for 37 years. In that period I have seen many highs & lows but since the change of colours and badge I have become disconnected from the club, to the extent that I am giving serious consideration to whether I or my wife will be renewing our season tickets. I am not alone in my thoughts and several of my close friends that are lifelong fans of the clubs are in a similar dilemma.

Whilst I fully welcome Mr Tans investment in Cardiff City Football Club, I would appeal that he reverses the rebrand and returns the side back to it’s original and traditional colours with the correct badge. I am more than happy for the side to play in red away from home unless there is a colour clash.

I hope that the club will listen to the pleas of the supporters to change the kit & badge back and we can all move forward as one.

Yours Sincerely

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Good idea but flawed. A thousand jacks could email asking for red! Just saying.

they have asked for season ticket number and postcode to be included.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Thought mine was very well structured, made the obvious point on the return to blue but also mentioned about tickets prices. No insults, good language and balanced, hope they actually get listened to but not getting My hopes up.

Staying positive though :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Dear sir / madam,

i am writing to you to request that Cardiff City return to their original club colours of blue, and also to a badge with a prominent bluebird.

Since Vincent Tans rebrand I respect we have had some great times, including winning the Championship and playing in the Premier League. I totally respect Vincent Tan for all he has invested in the club and the city. However, since the rebrand the club and it's supporters have always been and continue to be divided. This divide has put the club into turmoil and is hardly recognisable to the Cardiff City I love and adore. So much so that I rarely go to games this season.

By simply reversing the rebrand I feel everybody at the club will be pulling in the same direction again, and become united which can only be beneficial to the club, it's fans and the players.

Further issues I would like to point out is the format of the stadium. The atmosphere has never hit the heights of Ninian Park since we have moved. I feel by swapping the canton and family stand, and having a singing section next to the away end would dramatically increase the atmosphere in the stadium.

I feel if the rebrand is reversed and the stands swapped around in the stadium, the match day experience for most would dramatically increase. Helping fans, many fans like myself, to fall back in love with the club.

If these actions were taken I would certainly become a season ticket holder once more.

Furthermore, I wouldn't expect Vincent Tan to plough millions into the club as the condition for that was the rebrand. I just no longer feel and affinity with the club and can't help but feel that the rebrand has been a complete and total failure. As we are back where we were at the beginning, with increased debts and a divided support.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to express our views.

Best regards,

Re: ' LET CARDIFF CITY KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS '

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Just sent mine :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Firstly I would like to thank Mr, Tan for saving our club and for the huge amount of investment that he has provided, and also let me thank him for giving me the opportunity to express my views,

I have been a City supporter for nearly 60 years and a season ticket holder for nearly as long, but this is the first year that I have ever considered not renewing.
Cardiff City fc are a club in turmoil, with fans like myself feeling despondent and upset.

The main reason being the rebrand to red. CCFC has always been blue since long before I was born, and it really needs to go back to blue, so that all the current fans can join together with fans that are no longer supporting the club, so that we as a fan base can support and help to progress the club forward.

I do not need to point out the amount of revenue that the club has lost through sales in the club shop, my family and myself used to spend hundreds of pounds every season on blue merchandise, but since the rebrand we have not spent a penny, needless to say, we would not be the only family that would return to purchasing merchandise if the club returned to blue, and also by doing so would unite our fan base.

I would love to see us back in the premiership, but if it means getting back to blue and staying in the championship, and no more investment, then so be it, once again thank you for allowing me my views, regards

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Done :thumbup: Just hope that sufficient numbers take the time and this opportunity to politely put your views across to the club.

Perhaps they are not aware of the true feeling towards the blue kit/ badge, etc.Every little helps :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Tell them straight we want our traditional kit and crest back now.

Or we don't attend games :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Just sent mine

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:59 pm

How would I find my fan number? Iv not had a ST since the rebrand.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:01 pm

sent mine in as follows
1= return to blue colours for home games
2= new badge with large bluebird, Cardiff city,bluebirds,small dragon ,small daffodil, on a shield style, however i would also be happy with a new badge designed to fans and mr tans ideas.
3= mr tan to continue his cost cutting and wage reductions to get our club self sufficient and making small profits.
4= a united club of owners,directors, players and fans getting on together to make our club a success.
with this in mind I see no reason why this cannot be achieved with mr tan as our owner, our current directors at the helm, our manager mr slade, and a small tinkering of our current squad playing home games in blue, in front of our fanatical fans being very succesfull, this for me would be everything I could wish for Cardiff city football club
regards
steve guy
aka troobloo3339 :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:01 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:How would I find my fan number? Iv not had a ST since the rebrand.

Should still have the same number on your old ST cards