Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Issue Bans tonight for support...

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 pm

I attended tonight's game with about 40 other boys who were ranging from the ages of 14-20 and we were very quickly shut down in our protests tonight as the stewards would not let us stay in 117 were we wanted out of the way of any fans who were just their for the football so we all got penned back into the top of 116 were the stewards tried to sit us down and stop us singing and kill the atmosphere so we carried on singing while Sat down and approaching 19:27 I was prepared with a horn I walked in with and I blew it on 19:25 to unleash the boys and that was the signal for all of the tabout banners and we will always be blue songs I was quickly grabbed and the steward game it back to me at half time a load of us went to go under the stand to go to the toilet and to get drinks ext and then 4 of us get pulled by stewards and old Bill my friend has been issued a 10 match ban for tonight for singing and standing absolutely reduculose and the rest of us kicked out of the game what a joke this club has become they say their is no atmosphere and when we try we get 10 game bans and threatened with a 3 year ban from all football matches what a joke

Re: Cardiff Issue Bans tonight for support...

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:49 am

Your chanting tonight was pathetic. "You're just a shit Barry Island" humoured me though... Colchester is 20 miles from the coast.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:10 am

I respect you lads for trying. I was looking out on TV for the 19:27 protest and heard the horn (great idea by the way), but the chanting and scarves were completely unnoticed due to the small crowd. Shame about the boys getting banned as well, the stewards at CCS have always been a joke.

I keep forgetting that we won tonight, shows how much of a joke this clubs is when this is the main topic of the day. :lol:

:bluescarf:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:31 am

NyeBluebird wrote:Your chanting tonight was pathetic. "You're just a shit Barry Island" humoured me though... Colchester is 20 miles from the coast.

Atleast they had a go...

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:26 am

Out of curiosity,are you season ticket holders????,i'm not sure if you were in your normal seats,so I'm assuming mates just been band by giving them his name??????

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:42 am

its over zealous stewarding like this that has quickly become a hallmark of CCFC. absolutely disgraceful way to treat fans of CCFC.

well done, by the way. the game was so poor i spent most of the match watching the little battle between your lot and the stewards unfolding.

will the clubs attempt to suffocate any resilience against the rebrand work? no, it will only strengthen it.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:45 am

Watched the "Battle of the Ninian" from the Grandstand - several attempts at trying to outflank the stewards were thwarted by the tactics employed by them in return.

Eventually they cornered these youths, and penned them in - then the battle horn was sounded and a chorus of "We'll always be Blue" was heard, and indeed we joined in as best we could.

A brave attempt to create some atmosphere but a ridiculous and over zealous response by the stewards :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:03 am

caerblue wrote:Out of curiosity,are you season ticket holders????,i'm not sure if you were in your normal seats,so I'm assuming mates just been band by giving them his name??????

I'm not a season ticket holders but the lad who got banned is I think he said that he isn't one so they didn't take his season ticket but they can track it back to him anyway from his name the horn worked great and as it is just a plastic barrel and a bit with metal sheet over the top the steward couldn't take it he said as it wasn't an "air horn" I will try to get it into Derby game now haha

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 am

JonCCFC wrote:I respect you lads for trying. I was looking out on TV for the 19:27 protest and heard the horn (great idea by the way), but the chanting and scarves were completely unnoticed due to the small crowd. Shame about the boys getting banned as well, the stewards at CCS have always been a joke.

I keep forgetting that we won tonight, shows how much of a joke this clubs is when this is the main topic of the day. :lol:

:bluescarf:

Cheers thought it would work and it did we had to inform all of the boys to have banners ready and on the horn to unfold them all and the boys on the end stand strong as the stewards were very quick onto us if only they could be that quick if someone had done something like that in the away end haha try get it in when I can now

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Nice Sloth :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:22 pm

RhysTCaerphilly wrote:Nice Sloth :bluescarf:

Yea was a good night mate see you on Monday lad will give you the "in depth version" of events then mate

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:11 pm

No City fan should be banned for singing Tan out or holding up a banner saying Tan Out, they actually should be applauded :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No City fan should be banned for singing Tan out or holding up a banner saying Tan Out, they actually should be applauded :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I'm hearing we are playing this all wrong.

Hold up the banners yes but keep quiet about it. If a steward asks you to lower it ignore them but keep quiet. If they tempt to take it off you then their is a case for physical harrassment. Steward do not have the power to do that. The stewards need to pass this over to the police. The police will have to ask you to lower the banner. At this stage it is best to do that.

Once this situation has died down a bit then pass the banner over to some other group and start the process again. From what I have been told they cannot remove anyone fro the stadium or confiscate the banner. Anyone knows any different?

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:No City fan should be banned for singing Tan out or holding up a banner saying Tan Out, they actually should be applauded :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Hold up the banners yes but keep quiet about it. If a steward asks you to lower it ignore them but keep quiet. If they tempt to take it off you then their is a case for physical harrassment. Steward do not have the power to do that. The stewards need to pass this over to the police. The police will have to ask you to lower the banner. At this stage it is best to do that.

Once this situation has died down a bit then pass the banner over to some other group and start the process again. From what I have been told they cannot remove anyone fro the stadium or confiscate the banner. Anyone knows any different?

Ian, I have been told the same :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Most of us think everything is black or white when really it is how difficult we could be.

Some on here are saying the stewards and police was nazi actors. From the ones I know I think that is a bit unfair to say against them. They have a job to do and certain things they don't like doing we make it difficult for them to avoid doing it.

The procedure explained above I'm confident they would welcome. They would be seen doing their job. Simple really.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Most of us think everything is black or white when really it is how difficult we could be.

Some on here are saying the stewards and police was nazi actors. From the ones I know I think that is a bit unfair to say against them. They have a job to do and certain things they don't like doing we make it difficult for them to avoid doing it.

The procedure explained above I'm confident they would welcome. They would be seen doing their job. Simple really.

I agree with that mate just the steward Lindsey I think her name was and someone Has mentioned the name chivers a few times were making the situation much worse we all went to section 117 of the standard (Not open) and a steward and another senior steward both came up to us and said it was fine for us to go there as we wanted to stand and chant and we said that and whoever it was said that's fine as we were using common sense and staying out of the way of the general fans who were just their for football and as soon as that happened and you can see on the TV the stewards move us all across and having a go for standing and for singing not just tan out songs but supportive club songs as well and I was trying to reason with them telling them we were making their life easier as they could contain us at 117 and we were out of the way and then at half time I'm being kicked out with a police warning with Abusive wrote on the top however the stewards and police officer both said how cooperative I was and in also trying to calm my mate down who was getting stressed out by the officers attempted bad cop abilities made me laugh but I know stewards only taking orders but if they would of worked with us tonight and related back to control what I was trying to tell them no one would of got kicked out and everyone's life would if been a help of a lot easier but now I need to watch myself as I am now marked by them

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:16 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Presend you are deaf

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:23 pm

We are under dictatorship ruling, what do you expect. Ideals of 1 person enforced by his soldiers onto the masses.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:59 pm

A dangerous precedent, if true.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:A dangerous precedent, if true.

Unfortunately it is true I would not lie about something such as this. :bluescarf: