Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OPINIONS " ITS BEEN 12 GAMES UNDER RUSSELL SLADE AND "

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:48 pm

I am including the Blackpool away game.

For me it was a NO from day one,I really wanted to give Slade a chance,as every manager deserves a chance,even though I feel he is a Tan puppet.

My Opinion on Russell Slade

Out of his depth.
No plan B,maybe not even a plan A.
His style of football awful /boring in fact dire sometimes.
Long term Slade would eventually get us relegated.

He has to go,but Tan has to go with him.

OPINIONS PLEASE :thumbright:

Re: OPINIONS " ITS BEEN 12 GAMES UNDER RUSSELL SLADE AND "

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Tans puppet that's all he is clearly hence why we didn't get a better profile manager . Tan will get the club he deserves imo :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Way way out of his depth at this level I'm afraid :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Not good enough. . But, in all honesty I dont think any manager will be able to do a job with tan in charge.

something is wrong at this club and its going to take more than a manager to fix

tan out - Bluearmy

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm

He needs to bring in his own players first to proper judge him i think i don't think we will get relegated under him you're always going to get some bad results under any manager.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Despite the result I thought we were better today than other games under Slade. Still can't understand why Macheda started instead of Jones and why Fabio was taken off just as we were coming right back into it. For me Gunnarsson was the weak link today and should have been replaced by Adeyemi. Not the worst performance but ultimately Slade was never the right choice and I suspect we will finish mid to lower half of the table which with the squad he has is nowhere near acceptable. So, a no from me too.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm

We seem to get over run in midfield in most games it is a must that we address this area in the transfer window

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm

There are many that will not have a bad word said about Slade.

I think every manager needs our support and should be given time however from what I have seen he is clueless:

1. Rigid 4-4-2 very game regardless if we are at home or away, against a top or bottom team.Everyone who plays us knows what
to expect.

2. Plays players to of position, e.g. Centre half at full back & our best right back at left back!

3. No Plan B

4. Ignored the quality that we have/had in our squad. (Guerra, Daehli/Ravel & until today Fabio.

5. How can you pick Macheda ahead of your top scorer. Jones wins everything in the air, Macheda wins nothing. Even Macheda
makes Jones look like the quickest, fittest, strongest, most skilful player in the league.

If Tan was to appoint him which obviously he did, he needed to bring in a bit of experience alongside him. I will stick to the fat that we needed an experienced manager who had done it at this level, Houghton, Clarke, etc or worse case scenario even Lennon.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am including the Blackpool away game.

For me it was a NO from day one,I really wanted to give Slade a chance,as every manager deserves a chance,even though I feel he is a Tan puppet.

Out of his depth.

I always Get behind the club and managers today was a turning point either slade just hasn't got enough respect or the players are plainly taking the Piss ,it took a half time bashing to kick the players in to another gear today

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Agree 100% well out of his depth just look at the backroom staff its a joke

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

One word.
Slade out.
Oops...that's two.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Cracks have been there from the off even with the wins at home 442 doesnt always work .
Was never my choice never even heard of him.
I have questioned the direction of the club since his appointment and the big picture we seem to be going backwards .
I left after 35 mins today ive never done that before we were totally over run be a side playing in league 1last season the goals we conceded were poor.
Slade I gave a chance but my fears are starting to come through at the time there were better managers out there when he was chosen. .
Slade is not for me.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:06 pm

nik_cologne wrote:One word.
Slade out.
Oops...that's two.

I'll give you one word ......... Shiite!!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 pm

I think it will be easier to judge him after the transfer window. I have my doubts though, we seem to be using tactics you normally see in the lower divisions. Perhaps that's where he is best suited, but you never know what's going on in the background, and how much interference is coming from Tan. He looks out of his depth so far, and it can't help having a failed Welsh League manager as your assistant.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 pm

to be compassionate, must be the hardest job in the world when your paired up with nobodies to assist you in coaching, tactics & managing players.

Slade never had a chance

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Slade will do very well for us imo when we drop down to league 1.
If he stays thats where we are going.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:20 pm

ThomasC wrote:to be compassionate, must be the hardest job in the world when your paired up with nobodies to assist you in coaching, tactics & managing players.

Slade never had a chance

Agree he has no chance with what he has got academy coaches now running the first team bot only him to blame as he picked them.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Slade out.

Can't really say Tan out without a having a replacement.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am including the Blackpool away game.

Out of his depth.

Agree with all of the above but the reality is, it doesn't matter who is put in charge now because they are just a front for Tan.

Tony Pulis apart, he would stop the rot and get us ready to go back up next season :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:31 pm

SORRY, but have lost all interest know, knew we lose today , but a 0-3 score line at half time ???. THEN 2ND HALF got a little bit back but too too late to do anything good, again Charlton away + Watford home.......more than Happy to pick up 2 pts, Piss poor and attendance they having a laugh over 21,000.....more like over just 15,000 !!!!.... :sad7: :sad7: :sad7: :sad7: :sad7: :sad7:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:42 pm

In fairness given the terms of Tan's job offer I think any manager would probably fail. You have to agree to be a puppet and not select the club's most talented players (Guerra, Daehli etc), and you must agree to having a reject from Port Talbot Town as your assistant.

With Slade's managerial record I was expecting very little - he's a lower league journeyman and was about to be sacked by League 1 Orient. But after a few games I could see he was much worse than I was expecting. The performance today, first half in particular, was an utter shambles. Of many awful decisions starting with Macheda was the worst. It was only after 60 minutes, with the crowd baying for the substitution, that he finally saw his error.

Slade is a problem, but even if Tan does realise his mistake he'll only recruit another yes man. The club's a car crash.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:42 pm

He's an average championship manager exactly what our team are w8 l8 so we have a perfect match.

We were told by some we have the best group of players ever asembeled in the championship a few months ago and we would piss the league it just goes to show how clueless some are.we will be lucky to get top 10.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 pm

With the players we have we should be top six at least. We concede eight goals in two games :oops:
Over run in midfield :oops: .....Tony Pulis :wave:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:48 pm

I think hes doing fine, football isn't the best but we're averaging 1.5 points per game so over a whole season that 69 points which is pushing play offs. Also he hasn't had a transfer window where he can build his own squad so hopefully after January there will be an improvement :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm dreading him being aloud to deal with transfers.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:54 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]I am including the Blackpool away game.

Out of his depth.

Completely agree , no structure , direction, motivation, if. It continues we will be in a relegation battle, :!:
:roll:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Clearly struggling young and rest need to go as we can't have dumb and dumber in charge again if slade is sacked. But I honestly can't see pulis coming either

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Slade :wave: :arrow: tan :wave: :arrow:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:17 pm

In my opinion Macheda and Le Fondre are the worst strike force we have had for years, when you consider that Javi Guerra was hauled off against Bournemouth for lack of effort and has not been seen since but Macheda has palyed like this all season, a really dreadful player!!! As far as Slade is concerned his performances can be summarised as follows:

Marks out of 10

Tactical Awareness 0
Use of Substitutions 0
Team Formation 0
Motivation of Players 0
Squad Rotation 0
Results 3

:bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Our second team could win the league :lol: :lol: