Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION ' A GAME OF TWO HALVES '

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:42 pm

My View/Opinion ' A GAME OF TWO HALVES '

Cardiff City 2 Brentford 3

Crowd 21,784 ( but barely 16,000 incl 1,200 Brentford ) :shock:

Cardiff City team v Brentford: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Manga, Turner, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Harris, Noone, le Fondre, Macheda

Cardiff City were looking to get their first win in their last 3 games and were today facing a Brentford side promoted from the old division 3,who had lost their previous away game at struggling Huddersfield 3-1.

Brentford are run on a small budget and many say are already punching well above their weight,whilst Cardiff City are still bustling with Premier League players and still have one of the largest squads in the Championship.

For me the first half was shocking and that sums it up :shock: :shock: , we have now conceded 8 goals in 2 games :shock: , but we did this time come out and look the better side for the first ten minutes with Kadeem Harris driving us forward but against the run of play Brentford went 1-0 up after 10 mins with Pritchard scoring and what a good goal it was, but after that it was all Brentford.

Then in the 21st minute it was 2-0 to Brentford :shock: :shock: , Brentford fans tried to wind us up about Slade and our colour, but were actually applauded by the Cardiff faithful. Le Fondre missed a sitter to compound our woes. Marshall saved us in the 29th minute to keep the score line down and then in the 32nd minute the stadium turned to jeers and boos when a curling left foot shot from the corner of the box sailed into our net, even Cardiff fans applauded the goal. :shock:

Brentford could of gone on to have been 4 or 5 nil up,thankfully half-time came to our relief.

Our team left the pitch 3-0 down at half time to a cauldron of boos.

Half time Cardiff City 0 Brentford 3 :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

The only entertainment for us City fans to enjoy was watching Dai Hunt who sits close by.

As I said the game was of two halves and within 4 minutes a header from Craig Noone made it 3-1 :ayatollah: , City now pressed forward and finally in the 64th minute Slade showed he was a manager, he took off Macheda and replaced him with Jones to a chorus of cheers. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It was all Cardiff now and in the 67th minute Le Fondre forced their keeper to make a finger tip save over the bar.

Kenwyne Jones was well up for it and in the 74th minute he scored :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: game on :thumbright:

From now on it was attack after attack from Cardiff and City fans were right behind them, but sadly it was all to late and City suffered another defeat.

City fans did appreciate the second half and there was no boos at the final whistle.

Its worrying though as its now 1pt from our last 9pts and were conceding goals and against less fancied clubs.

Over all I have to say City could of got a draw from this game with the amount effort put in to the second half.

Man of the match Kadeem Harris for me :thumbright: :thumbright:

City now head to Charlton away on Boxing day 1pm,going to be tough.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION ' A GAME OF TWO HALVES '

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:46 pm

At least we fight back under Slade under ole we would of rolled over and conceded 3 more goals in the 2nd so anyway roll on Charlton. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Just because a player was bought when we were in the premier League it does not mean that they are premier league quality. We are a Championship team, and the sooner we accept that the better.

Even when we played in the premier league, we were never a premier league team

Brentford supporters showed us up today by supporting their team throughout.

Most of our supporters backed their team until someone made a mistake.

A summer clear out of all the glory hunters will create a great atmosphere next season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:At least we fight back under Slade under ole we would of rolled over and conceded 3 more goals in the 2nd so anyway roll on Charlton. :ayatollah:

True and it was good to see,but Slade in my opinion is way out of his depth.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Just because a player was bought when we were in the premier League it does not mean that they are premier league quality. We are a Championship team, and the sooner we accept that the better.

A summer clear out of all the glory hunters will create a great atmosphere next season.

You cant blame our fans for the dire football we have been watching.

I dont believe in booing though.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Who in our outfield is premier league the only player who would manage is manga the others have ride and failed and are still failing.brentford played good football first half and we backed of and allowed them to play the had no big names no bonas payment unless they Win all young lads wanting to make statement of how they can play,anyway no manager picked by tan will ever be accepted by many of our fans.The so called diehard sections of the crowd are the first to start booing disgracefull supporters shoul be ashamed never boo no matter what

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:At least we fight back under Slade under ole we would of rolled over and conceded 3 more goals in the 2nd so anyway roll on Charlton. :ayatollah:

It's not often I agree with you however after today it's clear Russell is totally out of his depth, nice honest bloke but if we need a Manager now who can pull us around it has to be Tony Pulis.

There is something badly wrong with the playing staff and other staff, can't put my finger on it but it's obvious from the players when they are out there.

Did you have free tickets for the Ninian stand or were you scouting?.............

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:Who in our outfield is premier league the only player who would manage is manga the others have ride and failed and are still failing.brentford played good football first half and we backed of and allowed them to play the had no big names no bonas payment unless they Win all young lads wanting to make statement of how they can play,anyway no manager picked by tan will ever be accepted by many of our fans.The so called diehard sections of the crowd are the first to start booing disgracefull supporters shoul be ashamed never boo no matter what

Our squad is still full of players who have played in the Premier League,way above the standard of Brentford's and Bournemouth's teams.

Slade would of been given a chance,he is just totally out of his depth and it shows and the matches prove that.

Slade is not the right manager to manage this club.

But I do agree,we do have players who are lazy and not as good as they should of been.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 pm

There was plenty of booing today from the premier seats - I was screaming them to back their team or fook off home - thought city deserved a point after a shocking first half - but brentford dug deep to hold onto there win Harris did deserve nan of the match but for me he needs to release the ball earlier and use the wing - fondre had an awful game - whitts dug in second half but playing to deep - noone did he play today - jones got stuck in and used his height and strength - championship football next season - hopefully second half we can take that forward and use all the positives against charlton :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It's not often I agree with you however after today it's clear Russell is totally out of his depth, nice honest bloke but if we need a Manager now who can pull us around it has to be Tony Pulis.

There is something badly wrong with the playing staff and other staff, can't put my finger on it but it's obvious from the players when they are out there.

Did you have free tickets for the Ninian stand or were you scouting?.............

I agree you have not in the past agreed with me.

We needed a manager to manage this squad and it was not Slade.

Def someone like Tony Pulis :thumbright:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:31 pm

mallo wrote:There was plenty of booing today from the premier seats - I was screaming them to back their team or fook off home - thought city deserved a point after a shocking first half - but brentford dug deep to hold onto there win Harris did deserve nan of the match but for me he needs to release the ball earlier and use the wing - fondre had an awful game - whitts dug in second half but playing to deep - noone did he play today - jones got stuck in and used his height and strength - championship football next season - hopefully second half we can take that forward and use all the positives against charlton :bluescarf:

Mallo, Only one fan put his Blue Scarf up in the main grandstand today :cry: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Scott young second half walked up to slade and whispered in his ear ear seconds later - jones was called back to come on as sub - so yes Annis who is picking the team - slade stands there yet young shouts as players - young and Bradford had words also today on the pitch - whose manager slade - young or tan :cry:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:35 pm

mallo wrote:Scott young second half walked up to slade and whispered in his ear ear seconds later - jones was called back to come on as sub - so yes Annis who is picking the team - slade stands there yet young shouts as players - young and Bradford had words also today on the pitch - whose manager slade - young or tan :cry:

I would say Young and Tan

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:36 pm

mallo wrote:Scott young second half walked up to slade and whispered in his ear ear seconds later - jones was called back to come on as sub - so yes Annis who is picking the team - slade stands there yet young shouts as players - young and Bradford had words also today on the pitch - whose manager slade - young or tan :cry:

Mallo,
Hmmmmm Tan phone call/text???

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree you have not in the past agreed with me.

We needed a manager to manage this squad and it was not Slade.

Def someone like Tony Pulis :thumbright:

Slade has had his chance and it's only going to get worse. I have not heard so many disgruntled fans as I had today!

Mr Borley if you read this forum, your club is in trouble and only dialogue with us fans will help resolve it, otherwise the players will be running out to 5000 supporters.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Must of been me directly opposite you I was screaming for 97mins to many dinosaurs sit there - I kept them all on there toes today daren't say anything to me lol -

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Just because a player was bought when we were in the premier League it does not mean that they are premier league quality. We are a Championship team, and the sooner we accept that the better.

I never boo and clapped them off even if it was a subdued applause. We wànted it sècond half and tried, the fans responded to thàt and ten more minutes we would have won. What was apparent was the so called league one players played through us at will first have and our best player? Guess what another player from league one so those who complain that's lacking ambition are talking rubbish, they have fight in them. :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Mallo,

Ha ha ha. I hope you're not serious! !!

:lol:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I hate the booing and will never join in. Absolutely disgusted at how quickly people in my section turn on the players/team, and we are talking about older men who have followed this team for many a year, yet are absolute twats towards the team and players in my opinion.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Mallo,

Laugh all u want it happened Bournemouth home in the Cup game. Other games,not heard anything.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Mallo,

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I never boo and clapped them off even if it was a subdued applause. We wànted it sècond half and tried, the fans responded to thàt and ten more minutes we would have won. What was apparent was the so called league one players played through us at will first have and our best player? Guess what another player from league one so those who complain that's lacking ambition are talking rubbish, they have fight in them. :bluescarf:

When our players try,our fans always get behind them everytime :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:02 pm

In my opinion an average second half in no way made up for an abysmal first half.

The players and management should hang their heads in shame after that performance.

Forget the fightback - we were shit throughout the entire game.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

When our players try,our fans always get behind them everytime :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

That's all we ask but it should have been like that from the off! To many players going through the motions today! Fabio who we all wanted in had stinker!!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Brentford played 4231 but Slade decided (?) to again go 442. Their #18, #21 and #23 were therefore always beyond our 4 midfielders. Brentford's #20, the Championship's Yaya Toure, was imperious throughout. It was 0-3 at ht and it could have been 0-6 with us only having 9 players who put a shift in. Only at ht when Slade went 4132 did things even up a bit. The game was lost before a ball was kicked. 'Frank' Bruno, Brays, Noone and young Harris were the pick of City's team in a curate's egg of a game.

StT.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Good summing up Annis but you did forget we actually missed 3 simple chances 1st half one Jones would have buried! :o

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 am

davids wrote:In my opinion an average second half in no way made up for an abysmal first half.

The players and management should hang their heads in shame after that performance.

Forget the fightback - we were shit throughout the entire game.

David,
The first half just got worse as the minutes went by,but I do think the second half was a vast improvement,but the damage was already done.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Brentford played 4231 but Slade decided (?) to again go 442. Their #18, #21 and #23 were therefore always beyond our 4 midfielders. Brentford's #20, the Championship's Yaya Toure, was imperious throughout. It was 0-3 at ht and it could have been 0-6 with us only having 9 players who put a shift in. Only at ht when Slade went 4132 did things even up a bit. The game was lost before a ball was kicked. 'Frank' Bruno, Brays, Noone and young Harris were the pick of City's team in a curate's egg of a game.

StT.

Steve,your virtually spot on.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 am

pembroke allan wrote:Good summing up Annis but you did forget we actually missed 3 simple chances 1st half one Jones would have buried! :o

Allan, Macheda lazy and costly in the first half.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 am

Who really cares anymore. The general feeling of apathy inside in the ground is sad to see/feel. A boycott needs to happen next season lets drive tan out :bluescarf: :bluescarf: