Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SCOTT YOUNG '

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:16 pm

' SCOTT YOUNG LOOKS AHEAD TO BRENTFORD TEST & THE CHALLENGE AHEAD FOR PROMOTION '

Friday 19th December 2014

Brentford visit Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday for the Bluebirds’ final Sky Bet Championship fixture before Christmas and Young, who alongside Danny Gabbidon took caretaker charge of the Bluebirds ahead of manager Russell Slade’s arrival at the Club in October. The former defender talked of his enjoyment of his new role, and targeted a top-eight standing to put the Bluebirds in good stead going into the second half of the campaign.

“I’m learning every day,” he said. “There are different challenges to face as an assistant manager on a day-to-day basis, though I enjoy getting out there on the grass with the players and having my say at half-time and before games. I have a big role to play alongside the Gaffer, and I’m enjoying every minute of it.

“If you’re in and around that top eight around Christmas, you’ve got a chance. It’s very rare that from Christmas onwards teams will fall away. Some teams will go on a run and get in, and one or two will fall out, but the majority will stay in and around that area. That’s our challenge - that was our challenge when Danny and I took over earlier in the season, to finish in the top six, and we’re not far from achieving that now. We need to continue, pick ourselves up after last Saturday, and hopefully get another three points tomorrow.

“It’s our duty as a team to get the fans behind us. The only way we can do that is to be positive on the pitch. We need to get at teams, especially at home, and that’s what we’re aiming to do tomorrow.”

Re: ' SCOTT YOUNG '

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Apart from a bit of passion is there anything else Scott offers us ? All be it hes still learning.
Hate saying that as im good friends with his family

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Double G wrote:Apart from a bit of passion is there anything else Scott offers us ? All be it hes still learning.

Well we agree on this,as a person I really like Scott Young,but to be NO2 at Cardiff City in the Championship with no coaching experience :shock: :shock:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Double G wrote:Apart from a bit of passion is there anything else Scott offers us ? All be it hes still learning.

Well we agree on this,as a person I really like Scott Young,but to be NO2 at Cardiff City in the Championship with no coaching experience :shock: :shock:

don't want to be mean to young, i'm sure he's a good bloke, but it seems like a cynical ploy by the club to get the fans on side with a low profile manager brought in on a shoestring, which they knew would be unpopular.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

don't want to be mean to young, i'm sure he's a good bloke, but it seems like a cynical ploy by the club to get the fans on side with a low profile manager brought in on a shoestring, which they knew would be unpopular.

Spot on. Scott Young was sacked by Port Talbot, he has no league experience. Not only that but the way he handled Guerra in the Bournemouth cup match was totally unprofessional. Taking players apart in the press is not good management.

Unfortunately, I think that the club has definitely gone backwards with its managerial appointments. Slade was not the right man to cone in but when he did he needed someone alongside him with Championship experience.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Building for the future. :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Building for the future. :thumbup:

Building for the future?.. we are a club that has just come down from the Premier league - not a Second Division club trying to make its way.
Scott Young talks about learning something new each day and therefore presumably making mistakes in the process (which is what happens when you are new to something, right?). Sorry Scott, go away and cut your teeth at a lower league side, then come back when you've proven yourself.
We need a coaching staff with experience to manage a misfiring, multi-million pound squad ... not a bunch of greenhorns!