Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Russell Slade prepared to spend '

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Friday 19th December 2014

' Slade prepared to spend '

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade is prepared to spend money in January but will focus most of his energy on selling players.

The former Leyton Orient boss took charge of Cardiff in early October and is getting ready for his first transfer window as their manager. Slade has a reputation for seeking out bargains and cut-price deals, with a £200,000 fee for Elliott Bennett at Brighton
the most he has spent on a player.

But the 54-year-old insists he is more than ready to spend bigger amounts if required at Cardiff and is preparing for a busy month of transfer dealings.

Magnus Eikrem has already been released from his contract and more players are expected to follow when the transfer window reopens.

"There will be players coming in - and a number going out," he is quoted as saying by Wales Online. He added: "The most I have spent on a player is a couple of hundred thousand pounds and that was Elliott Bennett at Brighton. He did well and moved on later for £1.2m.

"But it won't worry me spending money if that's what we decide to do. We are identifying areas where we could improve. "The biggest, factor for me, though, is the amount of players we will be looking to offload. It doesn't have to be those moving on first before we can add. Both have to be done. If we identify players we want and can get the right deal we will do it."

Re: ' Slade prepared to spend '

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:30 pm

If Tan has serious plans on promotion it'd be a left back, right back, two central midfield players a winger and at least one striker.

If Tan has very serious plans on promotion it'd be a left back, right back, two central midfield players a winger at least one striker and a better manager.

Re: ' Russell Slade prepared to spend '

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:51 pm

I'd settle for a left back; a midfield general and a centre forward. But I'd want good ones.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Colourblind wrote:I'd settle for a left back; a midfield general and a centre forward. But I'd want good ones.

We have the left back in Fabio and the striker in Guerra but the club look to be offloading those. So what hope have we?

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Colourblind wrote:I'd settle for a left back; a midfield general and a centre forward. But I'd want good ones.

We have the left back in Fabio and the striker in Guerra but the club look to be offloading those. So what hope have we?

Don't be so doom and gloom :old: Im sure Slade will find better in league one :laughing6:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

Don't be so doom and gloom :old: Im sure Slade will find better in league one :laughing6:

There are plenty of players who can step up to the championship from league 1.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

But are there better ones than Guerra and Fabio? Think 99,99 % of the football world would say a big NO.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

But are there better ones than Guerra and Fabio? Think 99,99 % of the football world would say a big NO.

Hmm

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 pm

What's Fabio done wrong? We won't getting better than him at LB imo

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Gaffer wrote:What's Fabio done wrong? We won't getting better than him at LB imo

He is good going forward but gets caught out of position to often.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Gaffer wrote:What's Fabio done wrong? We won't getting better than him at LB imo

I agree there is that but that can be worked on,as for a full back he's perfect going forward which is what I like to see.

Connolly or Fabio in the team 100% FABIO for me

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Gaffer wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I agree there is that but that can be worked on,as for a full back he's perfect going forward which is what I like to see.

Connolly or Fabio in the team 100% FABIO for me

He has the same problem as Declan john being played out of your natural role as a winger.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Fabios recovery if he gets caught out of position is second to none. 100 % commitment. Ironically that is what Slade have been asking for. At least in his press conferences.