Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T - Welsh Assembly makes me so Angry

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... Wales-main

Re: O/T - Welsh Assembly makes me so Angry

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 pm

complete waste of money and its now gone up to 60 AMs for the size of Wales is madness!!!! :evil:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Military Junta wrote:complete waste of money and its now gone up to 60 AMs for the size of Wales is madness!!!! :evil:

No wonder voters are getting angered. They then have the cheek then to cut local services.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:51 pm

60 Am's Christ they will have to extend the wetherspoons to get them all in.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Denzil wrote:60 Am's Christ they will have to extend the wetherspoons to get them all in.

Wouldn't surprise me if they had subsidised alcohol either.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 pm

is £5300 for each minister a reasonable price for the equipment taking into account bulk buying etc?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:04 pm

The English don't want us anymore, though the Labour party need us.

More and more powers are coming to Cardiff whether we like it or not.

Stop with the begging bowl 'help us Westminster' nonsense. Let's stand on our on two feet within a strong UK.

The Assembly is here to stay, so real people like us need to make sure it works for the people of Wales. Westminster has never worked for Wales, no one can reject that.

(May I also remind you that the AM's vehemently rejected a pay rise, unlike their Westminster counter parts. They also don't drive to Brussels, racking up taxpayer money like UKIP's Nathan Gill).

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm

tcblue wrote:The English don't want us anymore, though the Labour party need us.

Stop with the begging bowl 'help us Westminster' nonsense. Let's stand on our on two feet within a strong UK.

The Assembly is here to stay, so real people like us need to make sure it works for the people of Wales. Westminster has never worked for Wales, no one can reject that.

(May I also remind you that the AM's vehemently rejected a pay rise, unlike their Westminster counter parts. They also don't drive to Brussels, racking up taxpayer money like UKIP's Nathan Gill).

Since most MEP's claim travel expenses of £1400 per day based upon the cost of a first class flight from London (the most expensive in the EU is used as a rate for all members), even if they WALK from their Brussels hotel, I expect that he likes the freedom of his own transport or claims less based upon his actual travel expenses. MEP's can claim over £2600 per day in expenses, plus an extra £5000 per month on expenses NOT REQUIRING RECEIPTS. The French Transport Minister Barot was in this position despite a 7 month suspended sentence for embezzlement.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Military Junta wrote:complete waste of money and its now gone up to 60 AMs for the size of Wales is madness!!!! :evil:

So you'd rather be governed solely by Westminster?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 pm

tcblue wrote:The English don't want us anymore, though the Labour party need us.

Good post! We need to learn how to be a nation again - not a region of the UK.

And f**k the Labour party. As you say, they're merely using us for the benefit of their electoral prospects. Couldn't give a toss about Wales.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

No wonder voters are getting angered. They then have the cheek then to cut local services.

Any evidence of that?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 pm

1. Are these 60 up for the job or just second rate and over paid making things worse ?
2.Plaid Cym OMG we cant have these one eyed idiots as part of the 60
Just jobs for the welsh speaking boyos who care nothing about wales just U MUST SPEAK WELSH

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Do people realise that these AMs have their second homes in Cardiff and Penarth as they really believe that travelling from Areas like Merthyr is too much for them
!!! How many thousands do that basic trip to work each and every day !!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Absolutely

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 am

Military Junta wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Absolutely

Why?

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 am

Most I know despise the Welsh Assembly - second rate politicians, and by today's standard, that's pretty bad e.g. parasites like Leighton Andrews who has carved out a huge retirement pot, whose incompetence caught up with him far too late (or rather Carwyn gladly suffered a fool).

Also, only voted for by 25% of the population, who either hate England or foolishly believe Wales can go it alone.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 am

rumpo kid wrote:Most I know despise the Welsh Assembly - second rate politicians, and by today's standard, that's pretty bad e.g. parasites like Leighton Andrews who has carved out a huge retirement pot, whose incompetence caught up with him far too late (or rather Carwyn gladly suffered a fool).

Also, only voted for by 25% of the population, who either hate England or foolishly believe Wales can go it alone.

They despise the politicians, but keep voting labour. That's the problem!

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Most people do not despise the Assembly, they are ignorant of it. It has done some really good work, but not enough.

Whether you like it or not is neither here nor there. It is here to stay and is going to increase in power. Even Farage agrees with that (See Sunday politics interview from a fortnight ago).

The days of Westminster rule have gone (mainly because they have decided so!). As said previously, the English see us as a drain on their resources. Therefore, we need to start maturing as a country.

The people who say that AM's are second rate are also the people who say that MP's are aloof and out of touch. I would prefer to be represented by someone like me, from a similar background to me. The fact they are normal people shows that democracy is working. Is that second rate?

Do you really prefer Chris Bryant (Rhondda boy :roll: ) and Kinnocks son who swan down from Oxford like mercenaries, so they can sit in Westminster thinking they are important. Leighton Andrews is a bellend, but I guarantee you he does more work for his community than Mr Bryant.

Also, the notion that those who voted for the Assembly hate English people is daft and unfounded. I know a fair few English people who voted for the Assembly, do they hate themselves? Perhaps you need to widen your circle mate.

Ditch the anger and replace it with something constructive. As a nation, we need to make this work.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Tailgunner wrote:1. Are these 60 up for the job or just second rate and over paid making things worse ?
2.Plaid Cym OMG we cant have these one eyed idiots as part of the 60
Just jobs for the welsh speaking boyos who care nothing about wales just U MUST SPEAK WELSH

Try looking at their website and you'll soon see how much they care about Wales.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:38 pm

tcblue wrote:Most people do not despise the Assembly, they are ignorant of it. It has done some really good work, but not enough.

Whether you like it or not is neither here nor there. It is here to stay and is going to increase in power. Even Farage agrees with that (See Sunday politics interview from a fortnight ago).

The days of Westminster rule have gone (mainly because they have decided so!). As said previously, the English see us as a drain on their resources. Therefore, we need to start maturing as a country.

The people who say that AM's are second rate are also the people who say that MP's are aloof and out of touch. I would prefer to be represented by someone like me, from a similar background to me. The fact they are normal people shows that democracy is working. Is that second rate?

Do you really prefer Chris Bryant (Rhondda boy :roll: ) and Kinnocks son who swan down from Oxford like mercenaries, so they can sit in Westminster thinking they are important. Leighton Andrews is a bellend, but I guarantee you he does more work for his community than Mr Bryant.

Also, the notion that those who voted for the Assembly hate English people is daft and unfounded. I know a fair few English people who voted for the Assembly, do they hate themselves? Perhaps you need to widen your circle mate.

Ditch the anger and replace it with something constructive. As a nation, we need to make this work.

Well said mate. Some intelligent comments. A lot of ignorance on here about the Welsh Assembly. Easy to knock politicians but like you say at least ours have their roots based in our world not like the Westminster mob who don't give a toss about Wales. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 pm

MalagaCF wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ams-work-stations-refurbished-cost-8313521?ICID=FB-Wales-main

Go and live in england then. The MPs there want to spend £3 BILLION (£3,000,000,000) on tarting up the place where they work. Now that IS a waste of money. If you are going to moan about politicians pick the right ones. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Get rid of them..Ditch the useless Welsh language and lets all make some money

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Apparently it costs us taxpayers thousands of pounds for translations, surely another waste of money when services are being cut.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Absolutely

Why?

Because I don't like layers and layers of government because it's always the taxpayers who pay for them and their back offices workers all the time

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Military Junta wrote:Do people realise that these AMs have their second homes in Cardiff and Penarth as they really believe that travelling from Areas like Merthyr is too much for them

use to get 10k a year to pay for having second pad in cardiff if live further than bridgend!!!! :o

Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Do people realise that these AMs have their second homes in Cardiff and Penarth as they really believe that travelling from Areas like Merthyr is too much for them

use to get 10k a year to pay for having second pad in cardiff if live further than bridgend!!!! :o

Allan you are talking over £300,000 homes here. The Merthyr AM is a neighbour of mine!!!! And his merthyr home hasn't been lived in for years yet it's the address he keeps just to stand every election

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Agree that we have got too many layers of government in Wales. Leaving aside the National Assembly and Westminster, we have got far too many councils, councillors, health boards etc.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:30 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Get rid of them..Ditch the useless Welsh language and lets all make some money

How is it useless, exactly? Please elaborate.