Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This is very harsh IMO

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:59 am

What are your views on this then ? A bit Harsh in my opinion.
Just had a text off a mate who said his son had been suspended from School for 7 days starting in January. His son was on a School outing and his Dad put a small bottle of Jack Daniels in with his Diet Coke to help keep him warm. Now on a cold Day you can understand it. I can see it both ways but a 7 day suspension is harsh. What are your views ?

Re: This is very harsh IMO

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:06 pm

What the utter f**k. not only is this illegal, but also immoral in so many ways it's hard to start counting...

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Very irresponsible move by the father in my opinion.
In fairness It should be him in trouble not the kid
If it's that cold he should get him warmer Clothes instead of buying the kid alcohol
The school probably have to set an example that alcohol will not be tolerated amongst the pupils .

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:08 pm

thomasblue wrote:Very irresponsible move by the father in my opinion.
If it's that cold he should get him warmer Clothes instead of buying the kid alcohol
The school probably have to set an example that alcohol will not be tolerated amongst the pupils .

Absolutely, there needs to be an example sent to the kids... but also to the parents. Fines required at the very least. If he's doing this, I'd want social Services to take a look into what else is going on at home. appalling

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Where's the ice to accompany it...lol

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 pm

As a matter of interest, how old is the child?

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:As a matter of interest, how old is the child?

Around 11 Chief :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:12 pm

The other side of this is if the child is 16/17 , it is better to introduce your children to alcohol slowly and learn limits rather than them going out on their 18th birthday and getting smashed and end up in hospital .

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 pm

thomasblue wrote:The other side of this is if the child is 16/17 , it is better to introduce your children to alcohol slowly and learn limits rather than them going out on their 18th birthday and getting smashed and end up in hospital .

Agreed... I had alcohol before I was 18. BUT have the common sense to NOT send it with your kid on a bloody school trip! That bottle WILL get shared around other kids (there is no question, with the amount of peer pressure in schools) and it is very much NOT in anybody's remit to enable this for other people's children

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Introducing your kid to alcohol is not putting it in his drink on a school trip.

You need to make it out to be something you don't do often, not drink because it cold!!!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Introducing your kid to alcohol is not putting it in his drink on a school trip.

You need to make it out to be something you don't do often, not drink because it cold!!!

Totally agree
I meant under age drinking as a whole , I didn't mean giving it to them on a school trip I meant when they are in your company at home or a family party is better than sending them out with no knowledge of what can happen .

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm

thomasblue wrote:Very irresponsible move by the father in my opinion.

Absolutely :thumbup:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Terrible in my opinion why spoil the JD by adding Coke ?.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Shocking.........the father should hang his head in shame........should be a nice single malt or maybe a bushmills, with a flagon of old rosie to wash it down.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Fecking Disgrace. The father should be reported.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Father is an absolute idiot! :oops:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:05 pm

11???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Christ alive.
Did he give him 20 bensons to help pass the time? :!:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm

f**k me, what a silly thing to do.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Maybe a coat would have been a more sensible option?

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Yeah but it was only a tipple and you know how you get that warm feeling in your belly after. Hmmmm

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yeah but it was only a tipple and you know how you get that warm feeling in your belly after. Hmmmm

And you think that a good way to make a child feel warm and special is to give them alcohol?

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Got a confession to make. I was on a wind up with this coz I was bored. :laughing6: :laughing6: Laughed at some of the comments on here fair play. But anyway my opinion of this had it been true would of been ..... :occasion5: :occasion5: :wave:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Got a confession to make. I was on a wind up with this coz I was bored. :laughing6: :laughing6: Laughed at some of the comments on here fair play. But anyway my opinion of this had it been true would of been ..... :occasion5: :occasion5: :wave:

I knew this wasn't true, was waiting for a punch line. :lol:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:26 pm

The dad was a fool for not mixing the jd and coke together
no would of known then :lol:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:The dad was a fool for not mixing the jd and coke together
no would of known then :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yeah but it was only a tipple and you know how you get that warm feeling in your belly after. Hmmmm

hahahaha!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 pm

This is a wind up, right?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:41 am

Yeah, giving a bottle of Jack Daniels to an 11 year old kid is absolutely normal :roll:

Edit: just read the rest of the thread :lol: