Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' I was close to joining Cardiff '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Thursday 18th December 2014

' "I was close to joining Cardiff '

Swansea City flier Jefferson Montero has admitted he nearly joined bitter rivals Cardiff when they were promoted to the Premier League, a year before signing on the dotted line at the Liberty.

The Equadorian said: "I was desperate to come to the Premier League but everything happens for a reason. Maybe the reason was I had to be at Swansea.

"I am grateful Cardiff wanted to sign me. It was not a decision from me (to turn Cardiff down) and I don’t think it was a decision from Cardiff. It was a decision from my ex-agent."

Re: ' I was close to joining Cardiff '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Ah never mind we've got Kadeem Harris instead. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Montero's agent at the time demanded more money so Tan pulled the plug, proving Tan knew exactly what was going on with transfers back then. But Tan then has the cheek to investigate Malky and Ole's transfer dealings, claiming he didn't know what was going on! :lol:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Dodged a bullet with that one :o

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Montero's agent at the time demanded more money so Tan pulled the plug, proving Tan knew exactly what was going on with transfers back then. But Tan then has the cheek to investigate Malky and Ole's transfer dealings, claiming he didn't know what was going on! :lol:

Tbh I've never heard that tan pulled it. Thought it was malky.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

As Andy Tate would say "don't care"

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Montero's agent at the time demanded more money so Tan pulled the plug, proving Tan knew exactly what was going on with transfers back then. But Tan then has the cheek to investigate Malky and Ole's transfer dealings, claiming he didn't know what was going on! :lol:

Tbh I've never heard that tan pulled it. Thought it was malky.

Well I know Tan pulled the plug on the Wanyama deal because Celtic asked for an extra million so I assumed Tan pulled the plug on Montero too, although I might be wrong. It would be quite ironic if Malky pulled the plug because of his agent mind!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:05 pm

When I read the title Mason,I thought you were talking about yourself :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Thursday 18th December 2014

' "I was close to joining Cardiff '

Swansea City flier Jefferson Montero has admitted he nearly joined bitter rivals Cardiff when they were promoted to the Premier League, a year before signing on the dotted line at the Liberty.

The Equadorian said: "I was desperate to come to the Premier League but everything happens for a reason. Maybe the reason was I had to be at Swansea.

"I am grateful Cardiff wanted to sign me. It was not a decision from me (to turn Cardiff down) and I don’t think it was a decision from Cardiff. It was a decision from my ex-agent."

and how we could do with him here now :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When I read the title Mason,I thought you were talking about yourself :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Ha ha :lol: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When I read the title Mason,I thought you were talking about yourself :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Me too got me gripped there thought some home truths were coming out - - Mason your getting as bad as Annis now with theses captions lol - :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:28 pm

mallo wrote:

Me too got me gripped there thought some home truths were coming out - - Mason your getting as bad as Annis now with theses captions lol - :bluescarf:

:lol: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:52 am

Malky's squad + a few QUALITY signings might of kept us up. Penny pinching around proven quality international players, then signing-off the checks for Ole's duds and no-hopers :?

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:09 am

ThomasC wrote:Malky's squad + a few QUALITY signings might of kept us up. Penny pinching around proven quality international players, then signing-off the checks for Ole's duds and no-hopers :?

I'm probably in the minority, but if Malky stayed and there were no changes to the squad, I think we would have stayed up. We had played all the best teams at home under Malky and we only had Liverpool and Chelsea left to play at home from the top half of the table after Malky was sacked. Malky always made us difficult to beat at home and I'm certain we would have picked up a lot more points at home during the second half of the season under Malky than we did under Ole. Just my opinion of course!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Malky's squad + a few QUALITY signings might of kept us up. Penny pinching around proven quality international players, then signing-off the checks for Ole's duds and no-hopers :?

I'm probably in the minority, but if Malky stayed and there were no changes to the squad, I think we would have stayed up. We had played all the best teams at home under Malky and we only had Liverpool and Chelsea left to play at home from the top half of the table after Malky was sacked. Malky always made us difficult to beat at home and I'm certain we would have picked up a lot more points at home during the second half of the season under Malky than we did under Ole. Just my opinion of course!

Ross, no doubts with me either that Malky would of given us a chance of staying up, the points you make are valid and there is no way we would of flopped so badly at home towards the end of the season with Malky in charge.

Montero on our left would of made a huge difference, someone who wants to take-on the fullback & put a few crosses in instead of passing it backwards and sideways or shooting wildly at every opportunity like Nooney

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

An opinion I've always shared.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Three boring 0-0 draws at home to Place (lost 0-3), Hull (lost 0-4) and West Ham (0-2). could have saved us.
They were all relegation rivals, would have set up the last match of the season against Chelsea as a lifeline to survival.

The 3 points Hull took off us probably kept them out of the bottom 3.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:12 pm

he is a quality player :bluescarf: