Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ken Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Thursday 18th December 2014

' Ken Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit '

Chief executive officer Ken Choo has responded to fan complaints about us playing on our third white strip when we faced Bournemouth and confirmed that the club would promise to prioritise our blue second kit in future, but also explained the reasons for the choice of the third kit.

In a communication sent to the Supporters Trust chairman Tim Hartley that was published by Wales Online, Choo explained that there was a fear our second strip would clash with the blue of Bournemouth in the last game so a footballing decision was taken with regards to the guidelines we have to abide by, but he accepts that this disappointed fans and he understood the reasons why.

'I fully appreciate and understand your concerns and the concerns of the Trust. With regard to the use of the white kit, this was a footballing decision based on compliance regulations that state a club must do everything it cane to ensure utmost clarity between playing kits.'

With many commenting that other teams have worn blue against Bournemouth this season, Choo says the decision was taken to avoid any risk of non compliance and a chance that it would've been detrimental to the team.

However, with the concerns being aired, he also explained.

'I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the rest of the season, starting at Charlton next up. Many of our supporters were deeply hurt by our decision to play in a white kit. I understand why some have perceived this as insensitive, something that we want to put right.'

Choo however qualifies this with compliance issues that we must follow, but with the sides we face for the remainder of the season he doesn't foresee any potential clashes in the league campaign, but he appreciates there might be in the FA Cup campaign, but in the event of an exception to this promise, he has promised to speak to supporters bodies in advance of the fixture to explain things personally.

Re: ' Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:29 pm

I will now await our dictator to disobey Choo's good intentions by making us play in white every away game.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I will now await our dictator to disobey Choo's good intentions by making us play in white every away game.

Thats a typical twatish response to someone trying to do right by the fans.

Give the rebrand a rest for gods sake.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Skewett wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I will now await our dictator to disobey Choo's good intentions by making us play in white every away game.

It's not a twatish response though is it? Whatever Choo, or anyone else says will make absolutely zero difference to what Tan decides. Choo is probably a good person, just like TG was a good person, but Tan puts good people like this in awkward positions by disobeying their good intentions and doing what he wants to do. It's obvious Tan would rather us wear the white kit away as there is red trim on it, so Tan will make us where the white kit. The sooner you get your head out of Tan's arse and realise this, the better. I feel sorry for Choo because some clueless fans will be criticising him when Tan makes us wear the white, but it's not Choo's fault!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 pm

In the season we got promoted we seldom wore the blue away kit and I think we only won in it once (v Barnsley)

Season before we had a white away kit had two of our best results that season (WHU away and Crystal Palace away) wearing it. Why is this suddenly an issue now? Because of the red trim? The blue kit last season had a red trim that for me was worse.

But then maybe this is closer to what I always wished.

Cardiff City should not have a blue away kit - ever.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:22 pm

I've just got back from town and popped into the city shop.Doesn't look like they are prioritising the blue kit in there!! they had loads of that hideous white one in there though.!!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:03 pm

'I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the rest of the season, starting at Charlton next up.

It shows how pathetic we've become when we're told the club intend on playing in blue AWAY from home and it's taken as positive news. Cardiff City, The Bluebirds should be playing in blue at home for christ sake !!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 pm

RFMH wrote:In the season we got promoted we seldom wore the blue away kit and I think we only won in it once (v Barnsley)

Season before we had a white away kit had two of our best results that season (WHU away and Crystal Palace away) wearing it. Why is this suddenly an issue now? Because of the red trim? The blue kit last season had a red trim that for me was worse.

I didn't like our first white away kit. I thought it was totally embarrassing but I think the difference with some of our fans back then was blue was still our home colour and the white away kit had blue trim around it.

The current white away kit is an issue because we are now playing in red at home and the white away kit ends any prospect of us being able to play in blue, ever!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Give the rebrand a rest for gods sake.[/quote]...............

Well said that man.

3/4 of the threads in recent weeks are about the rebrand and slagging off Tan at every turn.............
Time to change the record and concentrate on football for a change.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Lengee wrote:Give the rebrand a rest for gods sake.

Well said that man.

3/4 of the threads in recent weeks are about the rebrand and slagging off Tan at every turn.............
:thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote]

A thread title of 'Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit' and you tell me to give the rebrand a rest! :laughing6:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

A thread title of 'Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit' and you tell me to give the rebrand a rest! :laughing6:[/quote]
Don't agree with a everything you post Tonteg, but agree with everything you've said here today. The reason there's so much on here about the rebrand is because it means so much to most supporters. Cardiff are the Bluebirds, always have been.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

A thread title of 'Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit' and you tell me to give the rebrand a rest! :laughing6:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: you could'nt make this shit up :laughing6:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:49 pm

markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

A thread title of 'Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit' and you tell me to give the rebrand a rest! :laughing6:

Don't agree with a everything you post Tonteg, but agree with everything you've said here today. The reason there's so much on here about the rebrand is because it means so much to most supporters. Cardiff are the Bluebirds, always have been.[/quote]

Mark, you know my stance and you know I'm 100% against the rebrand because like you say, we are the Bluebirds. I was one of the "Junior Bluebirds" when my dad took me to games during the Rick Wright/Eddie May era when kids could enter Ninian Park for a pound. I really felt a part of my club back then and I was proud to be a Bluebird watching my team in blue. It saddens me when some of our fans say "give the rebrand a rest", because if we stop talking about the rebrand, that will mean Tan has won and we will remain red forever. :(

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Skewett wrote:

If you are fed up of talking about the rebrand, why go into rebrand related posts?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Skewett wrote:

If you are fed up of talking about the rebrand, why go into rebrand related posts?

This ^^^^^^ :thumbup:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Whatever Mr Choo,Barley McGrew ,Cuthbert Dibble or Grubb state it's all meaningless drivel.If you do not grasp this then you understand little about the Asiatic business mindset. Oberstgruppenfuhrer Tan will decide!!!!! Yet his cretinous adherence to red is ultimately self defeating from a business perspective.If he were to state"I have misjudged things badly" us westerners would forgive pretty quickly and move on and I am sure the stadium would fill up.This will not happen as it is about saving face. CCFC will only return to blue when he has sold/left whatever.If it means division 2 it is better than the cancerous state of affairs that exists today.

Tan the man had a plan.......... :wave: goodbye to blue

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Skewett wrote:

Gotto be honest - I was thinking the same

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

Don't agree with a everything you post Tonteg, but agree with everything you've said here today. The reason there's so much on here about the rebrand is because it means so much to most supporters. Cardiff are the Bluebirds, always have been.

Mark, you know my stance and you know I'm 100% against the rebrand because like you say, we are the Bluebirds. I was one of the "Junior Bluebirds" when my dad took me to games during the Rick Wright/Eddie May era when kids could enter Ninian Park for a pound. I really felt a part of my club back then and I was proud to be a Bluebird watching my team in blue. It saddens me when some of our fans say "give the rebrand a rest", because if we stop talking about the rebrand, that will mean Tan has won and we will remain red forever. :([/quote]
My kids were junior bluebirds at that time as well. This now seems almost like a completely different football club now, not the one I have followed for all these years.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:
Skewett wrote:

Gotto be honest - I was thinking the same

When are people like you going to learn? When are you going to stop getting manipulated? It's frightening we still have fans of your mentality. I was hoping fans like you would have woken up by now. This is why we're still where we are. :(

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm

markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

Mark, you know my stance and you know I'm 100% against the rebrand because like you say, we are the Bluebirds. I was one of the "Junior Bluebirds" when my dad took me to games during the Rick Wright/Eddie May era when kids could enter Ninian Park for a pound. I really felt a part of my club back then and I was proud to be a Bluebird watching my team in blue. It saddens me when some of our fans say "give the rebrand a rest", because if we stop talking about the rebrand, that will mean Tan has won and we will remain red forever. :(

My kids were junior bluebirds at that time as well. This now seems almost like a completely different football club now, not the one I have followed for all these years.[/quote]

I totally agree, I loved being a Junior Bluebird back then. How do your kids feel about this all now if you don't mind me asking?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

My kids were junior bluebirds at that time as well. This now seems almost like a completely different football club now, not the one I have followed for all these years.

I totally agree, I loved being a Junior Bluebird back then. How do your kids feel about this all now if you don't mind me asking?[/quote]
My daughter has lost interest since the rebrand. My son would have hated it, he lived and breathed Cardiff City and was a Bluebird through and through. Feel like Tan has destroyed 100 years of tradition.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 pm

markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well said that man.

I totally agree, I loved being a Junior Bluebird back then. How do your kids feel about this all now if you don't mind me asking?

My daughter has lost interest since the rebrand. My son would have hated it, he lived and breathed Cardiff City and was a Bluebird through and through. Feel like Tan has destroyed 100 years of tradition.[/quote]

It's such a shame when your kids, myself and other future generations are now disillusioned and it's such a shame there are fans like yourself, my dad and others who have lived and breathed the blue and the Bluebird for decades, only for one man to childishly wipe it all away, just because he can. Hopefully if we can all stick together and keep fighting, happiness will come back to us one day. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' Ken Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:38 pm

p45 for Mr Choo on Monday then

Re: ' Ken Choo - We Will Prioritise Our Blue Kit '

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Maybe Mr Choo can prioritise us playing at home in blue and away in red next season?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
RFMH wrote:In the season we got promoted we seldom wore the blue away kit and I think we only won in it once (v Barnsley)

I didn't like our first white away kit. I thought it was totally embarrassing but I think the difference with some of our fans back then was blue was still our home colour and the white away kit had blue trim around it.

The current white away kit is an issue because we are now playing in red at home and the white away kit ends any prospect of us being able to play in blue, ever!

We didn't play in blue very often in our last championship season it wasn't much of an issue, Playing once in white, I think the response has been ott. Still it's a distraction, Cardiff should not have a blue away kit.