Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff's Latest old news announcement/distract from Rebrand

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 pm

MY OPINION/ WE ALREADY KNEW THIS,NOW TIME FOR DEBT TO EQUITY AS PROMISED :thumbright: :thumbright:

SO OUR DEBT TO TAN NOW IS ABOUT £170 MILLION :shock: :o

BBC

18th Dec 2014

Cardiff City: Vincent Tan clears club's historic debts

Cardiff City have confirmed that owner Vincent Tan has cleared some of its historic debts relating to the building of its new stadium in 2009.
Debt also racked up by player purchases under previous owners have also now been resolved.

It means the amount of money owed to the Malaysian billionaire by Cardiff will rise above the £150m it was estimated to be in May 2014.

The club says the action fulfils his commitment to "consolidate third party debt".

Re: Cardiff's Latest old news announcement/distract from Reb

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY OPINION/ WE ALREADY KNEW THIS,NOW TIME FOR DEBT TO EQUITY AS PROMISED :thumbright: :thumbright:

BBC

18th Dec 2014

Cardiff City have confirmed that owner Vincent Tan has cleared some of its historic debts relating to the building of its new stadium in 2009.
Debt also racked up by player purchases under previous owners have also now been resolved.

It means the amount of money owed to the Malaysian billionaire by Cardiff will rise above the £150m it was estimated to be in May 2014.

The club says the action fulfils his commitment to "consolidate third party debt".

150 estimated may 2014 ,estamated by who ? I still think that we will be 119 miliion as last books on less in debt at this moment of time due to our profitable premier season and this year's player sales also parachute payments season not the 170 million as you quoted on other threads Annis ,but we won't really know Untill the accounts come out in New year

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY OPINION/ WE ALREADY KNEW THIS,NOW TIME FOR DEBT TO EQUITY AS PROMISED :thumbright: :thumbright:

BBC

18th Dec 2014

150 estimated may 2014 ,estamated by who ? I still think that we will be 119 miliion as last books on less in debt at this moment of time due to our profitable premier season and this year's player sales also parachute payments season not the 170 million as you quoted on other threads Annis ,but we won't really know Untill the accounts come out in New year

Tan himself has stated he has lent £170million to Cardiff City since he has been there.

Wez,As to how the accounts will show things,I admit of course I dont know :thumbright:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC

18th Dec 2014

Tan himself has stated he has lent £170million to Cardiff City since he has been there.

Wez,As to how the accounts will show things,I admit of course I dont know :thumbright:
tan said his total investment was that but it cost him 30 million plus to by all the shares so that is not a club liable debt ,the last two season have been record turnover season for us I can't see the debt had increase in that time and we were 119 million in debt wwhich included all the people tan has paid off so effectively swapping debt to himself

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

BBC

18th Dec 2014

tan said his total investment was that but it cost him 30 million plus to by all the shares so that is not a club liable debt ,the last two season have been record turnover season for us I can't see the debt had increase in that time and we were 119 million in debt wwhich included all the people tan has paid off so effectively swapping debt to himself

Basically the debt is tans unless of course he puts us into admin where he will get only part of his investment back? Only alternative is for tan to take percentage of premier money while using rest as running costs? Hence cut backs all round to facilitate this. Either way it seems to be the start of process to sell club in future ! :thumbup:

As Paul says we've never been in a more stable financial situation! :old: