Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCENT TAN, NO MORE '

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm

' VINCENT TAN, NO MORE '

Vincent Tan's cut backs at the club are plain for all to see, it has been discussed on here many times over, from manager wages, slimming the size of the squad, programme booths, stewards etc

Tan was propping up the club by putting in over £1million per month but after the summer sales minus the cost of players bought plus the parachute money and normal championship income streams, Ole's contract has not been paid up, neither has Malky's.

I am told that Tan is no longer putting money in each month.

Those in the club do not know Tan's plans and really don't know what is going on and are kept in the dark.

I personally believe that Tan is trying to balance the books to make the business more appealing to possible future investors but we do seem to have gone from one extreme to another.

Many fans have said what their tipping point or breaking point has been and I am wondering has Tan reached his breaking point ?

Re: ' VINCENT TAN, NO MORE '

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151604

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 pm

The muppet could make some proper cash if he turned us back to our rightful colours.
Stubborn fecker

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Agree with all this Carl. I felt this was the case a few months ago. I honestly think it's needed tho. We can't go on hemorrhaging money every day.

And again to be honest, the sooner it's done, the sooner he'll sell, the sooner we can be united as supporters again.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:25 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:The muppet could make some proper cash if he turned us back to our rightful colours.
Stubborn fecker

5 years ago at Ninian Park the Club shop took £1million in the month of December.
3 years ago the club shop was taking millions of £'s in Nov/Dec.

City sold the least ever Premiership shirts in history of the Premier League last season.

City this season in the club shops and I say club shops as they now have 2 main ones and others dotted around are on course to take the lowest they have taken since our days of low crowds,that says it all :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:25 pm

I have said on another tan thread,( not many of them on here :lol: ) saying similar things to carl, but I believe we may have to bare his absent ownership for a lot longer.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Well if its a way for tan to get new buyer there's nothing to complain about is there ? :D

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cwmbachbluebird wrote:The muppet could make some proper cash if he turned us back to our rightful colours.
Stubborn fecker

5 years ago at Ninian Park the Club shop took £1million in the month of December.

City sold the least ever Premiership shirts in history of the Premier League last season.

City this season in the club shops and I say club shops as they now have 2 main ones and others dotted around are on course to take the lowest they have taken since our days of low crowds,that says it all :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Crazy stats there Annis. Time to reclaim Cardiff City the BLUEBIRDS :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stubborn fecker

Crazy stats there Annis. Time to reclaim Cardiff City the BLUEBIRDS :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

It really is and our fans in 2015 have to be united in this :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

If this is true then this is very good news means the club is in profit

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:If this is true then this is very good news. the club is in profit

Its interesting wez as he cannot allow club to get into debt behond that which is sustainable Or repayable to him?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:If this is true then this is very good news. the club is in profit

Its interesting wez as he cannot allow club to get into debt behond that which is sustainable Or repayable to him?
seems good that we are now making an operating profit which every business strides for ,

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Surely it's something to do with future Financial Fair Play regulations?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:18 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Surely it's something to do with future Financial Fair Play regulations?

I don't think that will be an issue Untill the parachute payments stop ,you can lose 8 million a year normally

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Stubborn fecker
:thumbup: and appointed a proven Manager like Pullis........

HIs attempts at running a football club are like some of those you've been fired Apprentice candidates from the first three weeks....

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 pm

it seems he's beginning to reign in his profligate spending, which is probably a good thing.

its a shame that he's cutting low wage staff while spending hundreds of thousands on legal fees, a stand we don't need, and hiring and firing managers and CEOs. all the while foregoing millions in lost merchandise sales.

he is penny wise and pound foolish. looks like the dream is well and truly over for vincent tan.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:06 am

cwmbachbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stubborn fecker

I think someone has told you the wrong figures there Annis, there is no way the club-shop took millions over xmas... Any xmas for that matter. Thats £35,000 a day. I doubt even the Man United superstore takes that, let alone the ninian park club shop.

100k maybe?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:27 am

TheRow wrote:
cwmbachbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stubborn fecker

I think someone has told you the wrong figures there Annis, there is no way the club-shop took millions over xmas... Any xmas for that matter. Thats £35,000 a day. I doubt even the Man United superstore takes that, let alone the ninian park club shop.

100k maybe?

Even so Rowan, the sales have plummeted since the rebrand. The shops are hardly heaving these days even at this time of the year. We'd be better off dressing as Mickey Mouse. The Disney shop is roofed!!!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:53 am

No doubting that at all, the rebrand has been a marketing disaster.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 am

TheRow wrote:No doubting that at all, the rebrand has been a marketing disaster.

Not just a marketing disaster, a cultural disaster!! The soul ripped out again and again. Even the jaxx have stopped the ridicule (ish), seeing when enough is enough!

Turning back to BLUE won't cure things overnight, but the stadium would be full and you can go from there to greater things. :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I dont think the cut backs are a bad thing at all, its long over due if anything.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm

the employment of an experienced top division manager - on. big bonus for promotion - would have been e good investment for Tan.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:48 am

barry boy wrote:the employment of an experienced top division manager - on. big bonus for promotion - would have been e good investment for Tan.

Tony pullis....we had the chance but was not approached

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:49 am

barry boy wrote:the employment of an experienced top division manager - on. big bonus for promotion - would have been e good investment for Tan.

Tony pullis....we had the chance but was not approached

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Stubborn fecker

Apart from the retro range I cant see anything worth buying from the Club shops at present ...... sad days indeed Mr Tan !