Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CLUB NOW SAY WE WILL ONLY WEAR BLUE AWAY THIS SEASON

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Cardiff City chief executive Ken Choo has sent the following response to an email today from Trust chair, Tim Hartley, who raised issues over the white kit used at Bournemouth and possibilities of a season ticket boycott by fans.

​Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your email. I fully appreciate and understand your concerns and the concerns of the Trust. I would be happy to meet with you next week.

With regard to the use of the white kit, I must highlight to you that this was a footballing decision, based on compliance with FIFA, FA & Football League regulations that state a club must do all it can to ensure utmost clarity between playing kits.

A footballing decision was made that playing in blue at Bournemouth could make us non-compliant with this stipulation, a risk we couldn’t take and one which would could have had a detrimental effect to the team.

The fact remains, of course, that many of our supporters were deeply hurt by our decision to play in a white kit. I understand why some have perceived this as insensitive, something that we want to put right.

In this respect, I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the remainder of this season, starting at Charlton next up.

Should there be exceptions to this (which we don’t foresee, aside from potential clashes due to progression in the F.A. Cup), then I will personally speak to supporters bodies in advance of the fixture.

I hope this clears up some of the issues you are currently facing, Tim.

Regards,

Ken Choo
CEO CARDIFF CITY FC

Re: club say only blue kit rest of season in letter to trust

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Fair enough, now do you think we should mention to Mr Choo that a few of us aren't too sure about the red kit at home either given he's so concerned about our feelings! :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Won't be the first time they've lied.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Ipswich and Huddesfield could be interesting.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Blueslippers wrote:Fair enough, now do you think we should mention to Mr Choo that a few of us aren't too sure about the red kit at home either given he's so concerned about our feelings! :bluescarf:

I think they know that already lol

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Ipswich and Huddesfield could be interesting.

Indeed.....they are not putting much thought or investigation into this are they?

Re: CLUB NOW SAY WE WILL ONLY WEAR BLUE AWAY THIS SEASON

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Not good enough! We need to be playing blue at home. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Won't be the first time they've lied.

Correct Ned. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:Cardiff City chief executive Ken Choo has sent the following response to an email today from Trust chair, Tim Hartley, who raised issues over the white kit used at Bournemouth and possibilities of a season ticket boycott by fans.

​Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your email. I fully appreciate and understand your concerns and the concerns of the Trust. I would be happy to meet with you next week.

With regard to the use of the white kit, I must highlight to you that this was a footballing decision, based on compliance with FIFA, FA & Football League regulations that state a club must do all it can to ensure utmost clarity between playing kits.

A footballing decision was made that playing in blue at Bournemouth could make us non-compliant with this stipulation, a risk we couldn’t take and one which would could have had a detrimental effect to the team.

The fact remains, of course, that many of our supporters were deeply hurt by our decision to play in a white kit. I understand why some have perceived this as insensitive, something that we want to put right.

In this respect, I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the remainder of this season, starting at Charlton next up.

Should there be exceptions to this (which we don’t foresee, aside from potential clashes due to progression in the F.A. Cup), then I will personally speak to supporters bodies in advance of the fixture.

I hope this clears up some of the issues you are currently facing, Tim.

Regards,

Ken Choo

http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=4091

I would give them the benefit of the doubt and say thus is just another decision taken by a completely in experienced management, who have neither the experience of football matters nor what supporting a team means to the fans. Complete incompetence reigns throughout Mr Tans regime :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Indeed.....they are not putting much thought or investigation into this are they?

Correct Ian as none of them know anything about football,this is one of the major problems why we are run so unprofessional,6 CEO's in 4 years and each new one knows less about football than the last one, you seriously can not make this circus up :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Correct Ian as none of them know anything about football,this is one of the major problems why we are run so unprofessional,6 CEO's in 4 years and each new one knows less about football than the last one, you seriously can not make this circus up :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Totally agree Annis and this is why you and I know that we will never be promoted again under this regime, as they will keep making mistake after mistake, until Tan finally realises that he does not have a clue how to run a football club :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Totally agree Annis and this is why you and I know that we will never be promoted again under this regime, as they will keep making mistake after mistake, until Tan finally realises that he does not have a clue how to run a football club :thumbup:

Sadly this is why we are a joke club and run like a comedy show and thats why perhaps so many fans have had enough :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 pm

[quote="Lawnmower"]Ipswich and Huddesfield could be interesting.[/qpossible??
Not really both play in blue what's wrong with red or is that not possible??

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh for F*** sake - yes there is lots wrong but it's nowhere near as bad as you continually like to make out, there'a a number of clubs out there with crazy owners just look at Leeds. Part of the problem at the moment is the continual negativity on this board. Yes go for the protests against Tan's rebrand no problem on that front but to say that they have lied about us not wearing white again this season without any factual basis to back up it up seems to me just another excuse to chip away at the club you say means so much to you. Accept they made a mistake as we all do , no one is perfect it happens.
Pity the same effort that's being put into the protests can't be put into some positivity as regards supporting the team which i still do even if i don't agree with Tan

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

"I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the remainder of this season, starting at Charlton next up."

It's the fact that Ken Choo didn't put much thought into his email.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

But he also mentions there might be exceptions

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 pm

steve1958 wrote:Oh for F*** sake - yes there is lots wrong but it's nowhere near as bad as you continually like to make out, there'a a number of clubs out there with crazy owners just look at Leeds. Part of the problem at the moment is the continual negativity on this board. Yes go for the protests against Tan's rebrand no problem on that front but to say that they have lied about us not wearing white again this season without any factual basis to back up it up seems to me just another excuse to chip away at the club you say means so much to you. Accept they made a mistake as we all do , no one is perfect it happens.
Pity the same effort that's being put into the protests can't be put into some positivity as regards supporting the team which i still do even if i don't agree with Tan

Forget it you are asking for the impossible, lots of threads there's no hope promotion want relegation were a crap/shit club! Its a never ending list of derogative names for our club/manager! Can go on but take to long! :laughing6:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

"I can give you the assurances of the club that it is our intention from this point onwards to play in blue away from home for the remainder of this season, starting at Charlton next up."

Answer my question not quote something I already know! :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

So we will wear Blue away from home unless there is a potential clash in a FA Cup game.

I wonder how Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Reading and Ipswich will feel about having to change thier HOME colours to accomodate us. :?

Not a very well thought out statement by our CEO.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Oh for a bit of balance on here - it would be nice if people who are reportedly ITK just give us the facts and not their bias to just support their point of view. At least then us 'not in the know people' could have some faith in believing what's being posted

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 pm

[qu"steve1958"]Oh for a bit of balance on here - it would be nice if people who are reportedly ITK just give us the facts and not their bias to just support their point of view. At least then us 'not in the know people' could have some faith in believing what's being posted[/quote]

No such thing as balanced view you are either against tan or you are a tan arse licker! :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

'Lawnmower' said "Ipswich and Huddersfield could be interesting" because both teams play in blue and Ken Choo said we'll play in blue for the remaining away games. You responded by saying "not really" and "what's wrong with red or is that not possible???". Well, again, Ken Choo said that we'll play in blue for the rest of our away games this season. Get it now? :lol:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 pm

castleblue wrote:So we will wear Blue away from home unless there is a potential clash in a FA Cup game.

I wonder how Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Reading and Ipswich will feel about having to change thier HOME colours to accomodate us. :?

Not a very well thought out statement by our CEO.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Def not a Tan arse licker. Just happen to think that many of the problems with atmosphere etc are more due to the fact that football is all about money now - clubs want customers not fans. Even before Tan i thought the club had gone to 'give us your money ; come in ; sit quiet ; game over now go home there's good chaps'. Just glad i was around from the 70's onwards when it was so much more enjoyable atmosphere wise (not necessarily always on the football front as we've had some crap teams/players over the years). Don't want to sound bitter as i accept it's just the way it is - things move on.
There again i suppose for youngsters today this is the only football experience they know and it's good for them as they have nothing to refer back to. I guess there's probably some teenagers following us who in 20 years time will be moaning about how 'modern' football is not enjoyable lol

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 pm

steve1958 wrote:Def not a Tan arse licker. Just happen to think that many of the problems with atmosphere etc are more due to the fact that football is all about money now - clubs want customers not fans. Even before Tan i thought the club had gone to 'give us your money ; come in ; sit quiet ; game over now go home there's good chaps'. Just glad i was around from the 70's onwards when it was so much more enjoyable atmosphere wise (not necessarily always on the football front as we've had some crap teams/players over the years). Don't want to sound bitter as i accept it's just the way it is - things move on.
There again i suppose for youngsters today this is the only football experience they know and it's good for them as they have nothing to refer back to. I guess there's probably some teenagers following us who in 20 years time will be moaning about how 'modern' football is not enjoyable lol

True

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

'Lawnmower' said "Ipswich and Huddersfield could be interesting" because both teams play in blue and Ken Choo said we'll play in blue for the remaining away games. You responded by saying "not really" and "what's wrong with red or is that not possible???". Well, again, Ken Choo said that we'll play in blue for the rest of our away games this season. Get it now? :lol:

still didnt answer question why not wear red simple question? also choo also said should there be exceptions!! we will consult fans well ipswich ect ect are exceptions you forgot that bit smart arse! :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Allan. He got his words wrong/ overlooked the fact we are playing a few other teams in blue.

No big deal, my comment was just showing that up.

In many ways acknowledging the strength of feeling about it is a step forward from where we were before he spoke - hopefully the first of many.

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Allan. He got his words wrong/ overlooked the fact we are playing a few other teams in blue.

No big deal, my comment was just showing that up.

In many ways acknowledging the strength of feeling about it is a step forward from where we were before he spoke - hopefully the first of many.

:ayatollah:

yes my comment previously is to jon who thought he was being clever again? but it does show lack of knowledge of teams by choo, but agree it does show that tan as been told of fans disgust at white kit maybe start of something more ?? :thumbup:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:37 am

Another "do something shit, then say we won't do it again" situation. A crap attempt to try and quell the growing disquiet amongst fans.

They can shove it up their arse as far as I'm concerned.

BLUE AT HOME, NO COMPROMISE

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:46 am

Am I being stupid, or did someone somewhere put forward the White Shite kit as a 3rd kit?

Of course they did!!!!!

How did that in any way reflect or sympathise with the views of the vast majority of CCFC fans?

Why is Choo now saying that IN FUTURE Cardiff City will play in BLUE away, when:

a) It's too late
b) It's not a promise he can make due to the supposed objections to the BLUE second kit.

Come on then Choo, explain that away...........