Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When we return to blue will...

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 pm

The passion and atmosphere come back? Or is the love and connection already gone?

Re: When we return to blue will...

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:35 pm

MalkyandBlueIN wrote:The passion and atmosphere come back? Or is the love and connection already gone?

The atmosphere went after the 2008 facup

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Why was that?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Honestly think it would hit another level. That's what's so frustrating about it, such an open goal... Everyone would win except Tans ego.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Personally I think this back to blue protest is just a scapegoat used by us Cardiff fans to cover up our ever growing depression and discontent with the game which is down to the relegation hangover syndrome. My beef with Tan lies with the clubs debt and not whether we are blue, pink or orange. At the end of the day owners come and go and this will just be seen as just another era in our clubs history. After all the atmosphere was immense at Cardiff in that promotion campaigned and wasn't to shabby in the first 6 months of the premier league. It was only when we realise we were going down, that we thought "Wait, isn't Cardiff blue?". ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 pm

JJBluebird98 wrote:Personally I think this back to blue protest is just a scapegoat used by us Cardiff fans to cover up our ever growing depression and discontent with the game which is down to the relegation hangover syndrome. My beef with Tan lies with the clubs debt and not whether we are blue, pink or orange. At the end of the day owners come and go and this will just be seen as just another era in our clubs history. After all the atmosphere was immense at Cardiff in that promotion campaigned and wasn't to shabby in the first 6 months of the premier league. It was only when we realise we were going down, that we thought "Wait, isn't Cardiff blue?". ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No I disagree with you there, it wasn't right for many but we were made to believe if we hadn't of gone red it would've been the be all and end all.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 pm

MalkyandBlueIN wrote:The passion and atmosphere come back? Or is the love and connection already gone?

I think the passion is still there. I went to my second away game on Saturday at Bournemouth and the atmosphere was brilliant from start to finish. We do have the occasional game at CCS where the stadium is bouncing but that only happened a handful of times last season in the Premier League. I just think this season has finally drained the majority of our fans, and the CCS really doesn't feel like home anymore with the new giant red stand in our faces.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

JJBluebird98 wrote:Personally I think this back to blue protest is just a scapegoat used by us Cardiff fans to cover up our ever growing depression and discontent with the game which is down to the relegation hangover syndrome. My beef with Tan lies with the clubs debt and not whether we are blue, pink or orange. At the end of the day owners come and go and this will just be seen as just another era in our clubs history. After all the atmosphere was immense at Cardiff in that promotion campaigned and wasn't to shabby in the first 6 months of the premier league. It was only when we realise we were going down, that we thought "Wait, isn't Cardiff blue?". ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't think it's purely down to the hangover, and I long for the return of our traditional colour and badge. I have however posted previously that a lot of fans not just cardiff are fickle and the hangover is playing a big part. It will pass as you rightly say, am not judging individuals. For myself it rips me to bits whàt this clown is doing but also like it or not we have a severe hangover. Maybe so severe because that dream wasn't how we expected and didn't quite feel right with a beer matt badge and red shirt. A lot of truth in what you say.

All I know is right now it hurts for lots of reasons. :(

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 pm

As much as Tan and the problems he has caused between our fan base with the rebrand has apart to play think that 'modern' football is also to blame - authorities just do not allow the old bear pit atmospheres to exist in grounds anymore especially the higher up the leagues you progress. It's not just us (despite what some on here want to believe) its the same in many grounds now - sad but that's just the way football has gone and the main reason i question if i want to keep buying season ticket

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm

steve1958 wrote:As much as Tan and the problems he has caused between our fan base with the rebrand has apart to play think that 'modern' football is also to blame - authorities just do not allow the old bear pit atmospheres to exist in grounds anymore especially the higher up the leagues you progress. It's not just us (despite what some on here want to believe) its the same in many grounds now - sad but that's just the way football has gone and the main reason i question if i want to keep buying season ticket

Another valid point which I agree with, football is dying not just ccfc

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeh it's all about the money now - clubs want customers not fans. Even before Tan i thought the club had gone to 'give us your money ; come in ; sit quiet ; game over now go home there's good chaps'. Just glad i was around from the 70's onwards when it was so much more enjoyable atmosphere wise (not necessarily always on the football front as we've had some crap teams/players over the years). Don't want to sound bitter as i accept it's just the way it is - things move on.
There again i suppose for youngsters today this is the only football experience they know and it's good for them as they have nothing to refer back to. I guess there's probably some teenagers following us who in 20 years time will be moaning about how 'modern' football is not enjoyable lol

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 pm

The last strong passion I felt towards Cardiff was the carling cup final against Liverpool sea of blue singing our hearts out and a brave performance by city

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Probably for a few games.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Probably for a few games.

On the day we return to blue we will really be in the shit. Tan will have presumably left by then leaving us without a pot to piss in.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Colourblind wrote:On the day we return to blue we will really be in the shit. Tan will have presumably left by then leaving us without a pot to piss in.

But he's said more than once in interviews that he would leave us in good hands.... Or don't you believe him?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Colourblind wrote:On the day we return to blue we will really be in the shit. Tan will have presumably left by then leaving us without a pot to piss in.

But he's said more than once in interviews that he would leave us in good hands.... Or don't you believe him?

Maybe, just maybe, he meant it then. Not so sure now, given the level of abuse.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:55 pm

I don't think tan is going anywhere

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Your wishful thinking there wez but at last I sense the red brigade is finished with

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Disagree, missed all our Premier League games and every game so far this season. Don't recognise this team as the one I have supported since the late 60's. I'm sure there are others who have done exactly the same as me. Will only go back when the club becomes the real Cardiff City again.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Colourblind wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Abuse he surely knew he'd receive when he re branded, he brought all of it on himself,he has many business interests but hasn't re branded anything else other than cardiff

Maybe, just maybe, he meant it then. Not so sure now, given the level of abuse.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:19 pm

speak for yourself fella. If you seriously think it's because we have been playing shit then you really do need a reality check. Personally, I couldn't give a rats arse for the Premier League and I certainly wasn't disappointed at our relegation because I am a TRUE Cardiff City fan and have been for 45 years and not a plastic fan that was just there for the Premier League dream at all costs so again if you think that I am upset at my beloved club being relegated from the top flight and now playing shit and not because one man has come in and decided on a whim to completely change our identity then I'm afraid you are very much deluded. :wave:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

speak for yourself fella. If you seriously think it's because we have been playing shit then you really do need a reality check. Personally, I couldn't give a rats arse for the Premier League and I certainly wasn't disappointed at our relegation because I am a TRUE Cardiff City fan and have been for 45 years and not a plastic fan that was just there for the Premier League dream at all costs so again if you think that I am upset at my beloved club being relegated from the top flight and now playing shit and not because one man has come in and decided on a whim to completely change our identity then I'm afraid you are very much deluded. :wave:

The comment by JJB98 sounds like it may have come from someone who hasn't been a City supporter for very long.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

The comment by JJB98 sounds like it may have come from someone who hasn't been a City supporter for very long.

Steve, I'm not mocking him for his dialogue, I just get pissed off when people talk about the Premier League and the demise of us from it and then say we are pissed off at that but blame it on us wanting our BLUE back with our rightful BLUEBIRD badge. I will never dis any Cardiff fan for what they believe however old they are or however long they have supported the mighty Bluebirds but what I can't stand is the fair-weather fans that were only there when we were successful but are nowhere to be seen now. I, aswell as you have seen many a City game that was utter shite, but it's those days that I enjoyed because it was the real Cardiff City in it's rightful colours. :thumbup:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Steve, I'm not mocking him for his dialogue, I just get pissed off when people talk about the Premier League and the demise of us from it and then say we are pissed off at that but blame it on us wanting our BLUE back with our rightful BLUEBIRD badge. I will never dis any Cardiff fan for what they believe however old they are or however long they have supported the mighty Bluebirds but what I can't stand is the fair-weather fans that were only there when we were successful but are nowhere to be seen now. I, aswell as you have seen many a City game that was utter shite, but it's those days that I enjoyed because it was the real Cardiff City in it's rightful colours. :thumbup:

Did'nt mean to sound as if I was mocking him, that is something I hope I never do. What I meant is that his post sounded as if it had been made by someone who possibly hasn't been a supporter for as long as long term miserable sods. I know there are a few people around who have supported this club for many years through thick and thin, and who still accept the rebrand. I still believe most of the people who are happy to see us play in red are your more recent fans. I would have thought that if you were around when we were crap and struggled against Rochdale, Darlington etc you are more likely to despise the red and everything it stands for.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Did'nt mean to sound as if I was mocking him, that is something I hope I never do. What I meant is that his post sounded as if it had been made by someone who possibly hasn't been a supporter for as long as long term miserable sods. I know there are a few people around who have supported this club for many years through thick and thin, and who still accept the rebrand. I still believe most of the people who are happy to see us play in red are your more recent fans. I would have thought that if you were around when we were crap and struggled against Rochdale, Darlington etc you are more likely to despise the red and everything it stands for.

100% correct mate :thumbup: I despise the red and that beer mat badge and I always will, Annis will tell you, that although I have always been against the rebrand from day 1, I have never been this vocal against it but I'm afraid it has finally got to me and I feel like it's a chore now to go and watch my beloved Cardiff City as I feel its not my club anymore, its alien to me. I suppose its probably been a process slowly eating away at me and it has finally come out. :(

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

This is something I can never quite understand a true Cardiff fan is not upset at relegation? The same people who are praying we don't get promotion. I don't think being a Cardiff fan means you hope that your own team fails in their goals and aspirations and then hope Slade get sacked when they do. Now tell me if I am wrong because that is messed up. The problem is that with the older generation :old: are sometimes stuck in their ways and that's fine and all but I feel that the fans negativity, low attendances and lack of atmosphere is putting the team under unnecessary pressure. Which in my view is a huge factor concerning the teams underperformance this season. Concerning the fact that I am a plastic fan how am I one of the few who sticks and get behind my team (Cardiff city) every Saturday in what some may call it the clubs darkest hour. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 pm

JJBluebird98 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

This is something I can never quite understand a true Cardiff fan is not upset at relegation? The same people who are praying we don't get promotion. I don't think being a Cardiff fan means you hope that your own team fails in their goals and aspirations and then hope Slade get sacked when they do. Now tell me if I am wrong because that is messed up. The problem is that with the older generation :old: are sometimes stuck in their ways and that's fine and all but I feel that the fans negativity, low attendances and lack of atmosphere is putting the team under unnecessary pressure. Which in my view is a huge factor concerning the teams underperformance this season. Concerning the fact that I am a plastic fan how am I one of the few who sticks and get behind my team (Cardiff city) every Saturday in what some may call it the clubs darkest hour. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Listen, of course I was upset at us getting relegated, it was merely a figure of speech aimed at you saying it is an excuse that we now decide to moan about the rebrand because we are not doing as well as we first thought.
I did not say that you personally are a plastic so I apologise if you thought that, I was actually talking about others that I know for a fact were only there to watch the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc etc attendances do not lie, from having 27,000 plus supporters at home last season to having 20,000 odd this season, where have the other 7,000 odd fans gone, answer = plastics :D By the way, I don't feel it's my team anymore as it as really got to me lately which has made me more vocal but having saying that, I am still there every week to support Cardiff City but I do NOT support the rebrand and I never will :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

JJBluebird98 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

I think the true fans are the ones who will still be cheering on their team if we end up back in the bottom division. Last time there were often less than 5,000 of us. Of the 15,000 around now each week, how many will vanish if the going gets really tough. Easy to support a club that's doing ok, but I believe the true fans will still be around if we are struggling, and when the team desperately need us. And most of those are the ones who hate this rebrand.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
JJBluebird98 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

I think the true fans are the ones who will still be cheering on their team if we end up back in the bottom division. Last time there were often less than 5,000 of us. Of the 15,000 around now each week, how many will vanish if the going gets really tough. Easy to support a club that's doing ok, but I believe the true fans will still be around if we are struggling, and when the team desperately need us. And most of those are the ones who hate this rebrand.

:thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Fans fed up with rebrand, no atmosphere, crap football and season ticket hikes just to name a few.
Unfortunately football is now a business and not for the working class person like myself.