Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's Get OUR Club Back...

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Long time reader of these boards, first time poster, I felt compelled to break my duck, with this subject on non-renewal of season tickets. Been watching City since ’82, ST holder since ’91, and I won’t be renewing next season.
Firstly, let me just say, how much respect I have for those who called it a day with the club right after the rebrand, prior to our promotion season. Looking back, I think I just sleptwalk into it, going along with it for fear the club would go under if Tan left. Maybe, thinking he won’t stick with this and we’ll go back to blue shortly. Probably, if Im honest, wanting to see the club in the Premier League. And for that, I can honestly say I feel a little ashamed of myself. Personally, I can no longer put up with the way, that we supporters, are being expected to bend over and take this from Tan, I am actually feeling embarrassed to support this great club we once had.
This non-renewal of season tickets campaign, is just what we need to bring this situation to a head. Marches, banners, abusing Tan through chants, and balloons?? FFS, I’ve read on here this week that that is planned for this Saturday? Don’t think lobbing a few balloons on the pitch is gonna cut the mustard here by the way!
No, when the renewal forms come out in Jan/Feb? With incentives to renew at a lower price by a certain date, we should all stand firm, and NOT renew.
This isn’t a decision that I have reached lightly. I love the Club and going to the games just as much as those who have posted on here that going to the City is like a drug they can’t give up, wish they could give the club up but can’t etc etc. I’m sorry, I know its tough, but it’s time to grow a pair and try to get this club back. Sacrificing a season at most, because there is no way I can see him staying on, or sticking with the rebrand if there are crowds of 5000 or less there next season, would be in my opinion, well worth it. Most people on here have said that going to the City is not the same, feels like a chore, and that is exactly how I feel at the moment. So, the only logical course of action to change this is to boycott next season.
Whilst I respect anyones decision to renew or not, I would like to know if the more vociferous anti-Tan supporters are going to renew their season tickets, or if they do go, in crowds of around, maybe 5000? What happens then? Still anti-Tan chanting, banners etc...?

Re: Let's Get OUR Club Back...

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Luca_Blue wrote:Long time reader of these boards, first time poster, I felt compelled to break my duck, with this subject on non-renewal of season tickets. Been watching City since ’82, ST holder since ’91, and I won’t be renewing next season.
Firstly, let me just say, how much respect I have for those who called it a day with the club right after the rebrand, prior to our promotion season. Looking back, I think I just sleptwalk into it, going along with it for fear the club would go under if Tan left. Maybe, thinking he won’t stick with this and we’ll go back to blue shortly. Probably, if Im honest, wanting to see the club in the Premier League. And for that, I can honestly say I feel a little ashamed of myself. Personally, I can no longer put up with the way, that we supporters, are being expected to bend over and take this from Tan, I am actually feeling embarrassed to support this great club we once had.
This non-renewal of season tickets campaign, is just what we need to bring this situation to a head. Marches, banners, abusing Tan through chants, and balloons?? FFS, I’ve read on here this week that that is planned for this Saturday? Don’t think lobbing a few balloons on the pitch is gonna cut the mustard here by the way!
No, when the renewal forms come out in Jan/Feb? With incentives to renew at a lower price by a certain date, we should all stand firm, and NOT renew.
This isn’t a decision that I have reached lightly. I love the Club and going to the games just as much as those who have posted on here that going to the City is like a drug they can’t give up, wish they could give the club up but can’t etc etc. I’m sorry, I know its tough, but it’s time to grow a pair and try to get this club back. Sacrificing a season at most, because there is no way I can see him staying on, or sticking with the rebrand if there are crowds of 5000 or less there next season, would be in my opinion, well worth it. Most people on here have said that going to the City is not the same, feels like a chore, and that is exactly how I feel at the moment. So, the only logical course of action to change this is to boycott next season.
Whilst I respect anyones decision to renew or not, I would like to know if the more vociferous anti-Tan supporters are going to renew their season tickets, or if they do go, in crowds of around, maybe 5000? What happens then? Still anti-Tan chanting, banners etc...?

Great first post mate. I 100% agree now is the time the blue army need to unite and not give in to the cheap season ticket offer. If we all unite and don't purchase the cheap season tickets, WE, THE BLUE ARMY will have Tan by the balls! Tan isn't going to increase the cheap season ticket prices later on if none of us has bought them is he. So by us standing firm, Tan will have no choice but to listen to us when his initial offer of cheap season tickets to get us all renewing backfires! Do not give in Bluebirds! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Well mate, we'll see what comes out of the meeting next week. I personally hope they all endorse the non renewal of season tickets, but i can't see it happening. Marches, banners and balloons would be my guess :roll:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:00 am

Good first post! :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 am

Luca_Blue wrote:Well mate, we'll see what comes out of the meeting next week. I personally hope they all endorse the non renewal of season tickets, but i can't see it happening. Marches, banners and balloons would be my guess :roll:

I think fans need to realise we are now in the Championship and won't get the coverage to show our marches, banners and balloons. Our 19:27 protest when we were in the Premiership barely got a mention proving it's obvious Tan has the wealth and contacts to control the media. What would be the point in the matches, banners and balloons if our attendances are still 20,000 plus? I appreciate not everyone will boycott the cheap season tickets, but if only say, a couple of thousand renew, Tan will be in all sorts of problems.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Great. Just a shame there are some who are so short sighted they cannot and will not do it. It begs belief I tell you. Just keep on going making Tan feel he is right and it's only a few who are bothered, sitting there in what must be the worst atmosphere ever according to my mates who still go currently. :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:37 pm

The thing is, the marches and protests made no difference last season, and that was when Tan actually attended games. Does anyone really think he'll give a shit sitting in his mansion in Kuala Lumpur? What will be of interest to him however, is when one of his lackies at the club contacts him in Jan/feb to say that there has been zero take up on the season ticket offer. Some on here have said that losing 4 mill on season ticket sales won't bother him, but i think a televised game against, say Leeds, next season, in a near empty stadium, just might. Only my opinion.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 pm

The thing is, the marches and protests made no difference last season, and that was when Tan actually attended games. Does anyone really think he'll give a shit sitting in his mansion in Kuala Lumpur? What will be of interest to him however, is when one of his lackies at the club contacts him in Jan/feb to say that there has been zero take up on the season ticket offer. Some on here have said that losing 4 mill on season ticket sales won't bother him, but i think a televised game against, say Leeds, next season, in a near empty stadium, just might. Only my opinion.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Luca_Blue wrote:Long time reader of these boards, first time poster, I felt compelled to break my duck, with this subject on non-renewal of season tickets. Been watching City since ’82, ST holder since ’91, and I won’t be renewing next season.

Firstly welcome to the forum, secondly a lot have posted feelings and have said similar but your post was like I was speaking myself. Sleepwalked in to it, couldn't agree more! Like you know it's wrong and make your feelings known yet maybe not loud enough. We can only try and put right what is wrong, forget the past and how we felt let's get our club back :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:50 pm

So your not renewing Luca, If u were going back in the 80's we must know each other well? :thumbright:

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:58 pm

No, FB I don't know you, but I was going back in the '80s with my old man and brother, was 10 years old when I saw my first city game in '82.

And I won't be renewing for reasons previously stated.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Luca_Blue wrote:No, FB I don't know you, but I was going back in the '80s with my old man and brother, was 10 years old when I saw my first city game in '82.

And I won't be renewing for reasons previously stated.

I respect your decision :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Luca_Blue wrote:Well mate, we'll see what comes out of the meeting next week. I personally hope they all endorse the non renewal of season tickets, but i can't see it happening. Marches, banners and balloons would be my guess :roll:

I think fans need to realise we are now in the Championship and won't get the coverage to show our marches, banners and balloons. Our 19:27 protest when we were in the Premiership barely got a mention proving it's obvious Tan has the wealth and contacts to control the media. What would be the point in the matches, banners and balloons if our attendances are still 20,000 plus? I appreciate not everyone will boycott the cheap season tickets, but if only say, a couple of thousand renew, Tan will be in all sorts of problems.

That comment about Tan having the contacts and money to control the media is potentially the stupidest thing I have read on here.

Tan has taken an absolute pasting from the British media over the past 2 years.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm

A block wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

That comment about Tan having the contacts and money to control the media is potentially the stupidest thing I have read on here.

Really??? http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... an-7689168

"As you may be aware, Mr Tan only owns The Sun, but three English language newspapers have “lifting rights” to UK’s leading newspapers and hence have been carrying reports."

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
A block wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Really??? http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... an-7689168

"As you may be aware, Mr Tan only owns The Sun, but three English language newspapers have “lifting rights” to UK’s leading newspapers and hence have been carrying reports."

They are Malaysian news sources. In Britain he has very much been targeted and even claimed himself that British media is racist.