Are you prepared to support the #No Blue no renew campaign ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you support and not renew next season unless the re brand is reversed ?

I will not renew next season
65%
I will renew next season
24%
I am undecided
11%

Total votes : 178

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 am

For the good of the Club we support I urge you to please back this.If you really want our identity back then sacrifices need to be made. I am willing so who else is ? I am hole heartedly behind this. Please vote honestly. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Nuclearblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are you prepared to support the #No Blue no renew campai

Postby castleblue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 am

I have taken a pragmatic approach to this whole re-brand issue believing that I could do little to affect a change in VT attitude towards it. However I think the time is now right to send VT the strongest possible message so for the first time in decades I will NOT be renewing my ST.

This decision has absolutely NOTHING to do with the performance of the team as over the years I have seen the club relegated, one time relegated in successive seasons, but I ALWAYS renewed my ST, Why? Because Cardiff City, The City, The Bluebirds or whatever you prefer to call the club it's been my club and my support has NEVER wavered.

However like so many I've become indifferent to what happens to the club, although when I saw the team turn out in Blue on at Watford it so lifted my spirits, this was my team, my club and ALL I wanted was a win. I know now that if I'm ever to get back the feelings I once had about the club only one thing is going to do it and that is returning to every aspect that I identify with the club, and a Blue and White Home playing strip is a fundemental to that.

Until that happens I will not spend another penny on a match ticket, starting with the Cup match with Colchester and even if we reach the Cup Final I will not buy a ticket unless we have an absolute promise the team will wear Blue. Even if we are promoted to the PL unless we are in Blue & White at Home I will not buy a ST or a ticket to any single match.

I hope others support this campaign, and even if they do eventually renew, just delay doing so as long as possible. If that happens the club WILL extend any deadlines on buying a new ST.

At the end of the day any football club is nothing without it's fanbase so let's send VT a message and one he would be foolish to ignore.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:32 am

Agree with this but there will still be some crying that they have to go.
Each to their own but look at the bigger picture.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Depressed Blue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 am

We won't be renewing.

Don't enjoy going.
Depressed Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 am

asking completely the wrong question.

Not everyone who doesnt renew is supporting the campaign
paulh_85

Postby Denzil » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:01 pm

It pains me to say it but unless he starts treating the fans with respect I am not renewing. Its away games and local league football for me. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Denzil

Postby Fairwater Youth » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:06 pm

I have had a season ticket for 22 years & I will not be renewing unless we are restored to our rightful colours

It will be away games & the Welsh League watching Taffs well for me next season
Fairwater Youth

Postby murphy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 pm

I fucked my ST off half way through our promotion season. I've been dissappointed this season to see us average an healthy 20k. Hopefully the attendances will be a lot smaller next season.
murphy

Postby TheRow » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:56 pm

It is the end of the price freeze. Campaign or not thousands wouldnt have renewed anyway.
TheRow

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:59 pm

I am not renewing for a number of reasons, the blue isn’t the main reason but part of the reason. I do still hope to get to games next season and will continue to support the club. I do however back this scheme 100%, if it gives us any chance of getting the blue back then it’s a thumbs up from me. I just hope this initiative doesn’t go the same way as BU and become about Tan rather than the blue.

TheRow wrote:It is the end of the price freeze. Campaign or not thousands wouldnt have renewed anyway.

That will surely depend on the prices for next season, what if they remain at the price freeze prices?
2blue2handle

Postby TheRow » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Aye fair point, i just think a lot have people have made a decision that at the end of the price freeze they will no longer renew. Its a marker for them already set out. They will no longer have the security of cheap prices for the foreseeable future.
TheRow

Postby Bluebina » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:10 pm

The prices won't go up, and Annis has already said that they will do a discounted early bird discount to try and get a lot renewing early...
Bluebina

Postby Cardigan bluebird 1968 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:20 pm

3 of us won't be renewing :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Cardigan bluebird 1968

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:The prices won't go up, and Annis has already said that they will do a discounted early bird discount to try and get a lot renewing early...

City in January are announcing either another Price Freeze or Discounted Season tickets for present ones and maybe past ones.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:The prices won't go up, and Annis has already said that they will do a discounted early bird discount to try and get a lot renewing early...

For me price dosent come into it. If they reduce it to £50 then I still would not renew. If you have campaigned for the blue to return and with a passion then you really have to look at yourself and say am I doing the right thing in renewing ? To be honest if we all want the same thing it's a small sacrifice to pay. Look at it this way if this is done on mass then we could get what we want then you can renew. Either at the start or during the next campaign. We can't go on complaining about this situation, unless we are willing to really put ourselves out. I am not trying to get to the red side of our fan base but the blue side that hate this situation but are still going to renew. If you do that now you can't complain about the red in future. This needs to be done on mass and it's now in our own hands.
And Castleblues that was very well put and you write well better than me and you got your point across well Chief.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Nuclearblue

Postby Blazing Saddles » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:36 pm

100% behind this and after around 25years of having a season ticket, I will defo not be getting one next season unless we are playing back in our correct colour blue.

#nobluenorenew

:bluescarf:
Blazing Saddles

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:I have had a season ticket for 22 years & I will not be renewing unless we are restored to our rightful colours

It will be away games & the Welsh League watching Taffs well for me next season

why do you have a season ticket this season then?
paulh_85

Postby grange_end1927 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I aint renewing even if they are half price :bluescarf: Tan can f**k himself
grange_end1927

Postby Blazing Saddles » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:For the good of the Club we support I urge you to please back this.If you really want our identity back then sacrifices need to be made. I am willing so who else is ? I am hole heartedly behind this. Please vote honestly. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

All with you Nukes!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Blazing Saddles

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Away only :bluescarf:
CardiffCityBlue

Postby llangainbluebird » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm

I'll only support a campaign where all the established groups come together as one. Annis has hinted at an announcement towards the end of the week. The supporters' club, Trust, this forum, Mike's board, travel groups, all united. Otherwise it's just individuals moaning.

There also needs to be a realistic, and clear, objective, to reverse the 're-brand'. If we manage that, then everything else will fall into place. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Can't help noticing that nobody much was calling for 'boycotts' during the promotion season, or in the Premier League. Now that we're mid-table in the Championship, it's all the rage. Strange that!

Let's wait to see what develops later in the week.
llangainbluebird

Postby thomasblue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:06 pm

The main problem with this in my eyes is the knock on effect it will have on the everyday staff who work in the stadium .
Less fans will mean we will need fewer ticket office staff , fewer stewards, fewer catering operatives , fewer programme sellers . The effect this will have on the normal people will be far greater than the effect it will have on Vincent tan himself .

That is why I will renew . I'm not willing to punish hard working people for one man's ignorance .
thomasblue

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 pm

100% behind this i wont renew until blue
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby placid-casual » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:21 pm

I didn't renew last season and have not been down this season and will not till we are blue again

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:
placid-casual

Postby krabb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:asking completely the wrong question.

i think the majority on here understand the question....its not really difficult is it.
krabb

Postby markeMark » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:The main problem with this in my eyes is the knock on effect it will have on the everyday staff who work in the stadium .
Less fans will mean we will need fewer ticket office staff , fewer stewards, fewer catering operatives , fewer programme sellers . The effect this will have on the normal people will be far greater than the effect it will have on Vincent tan himself .

That is why I will renew . I'm not willing to punish hard working people for one man's ignorance .

With all due respect it is not the job of customers to keep people in jobs. The person responsible is the owner of the business, he is their employer. If you have a good business product, and value your customers the chances are you will need to employ additional staff. If you have a crap product and treat your customers like dirt, you will probably lose those customers over a period of time and need less staff. That's not just Cardiff City, that's business in general. If there are any cutbacks needed, there is only one person to blame, definitely not the supporters.
markeMark

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:For the good of the Club we support I urge you to please back this.If you really want our identity back then sacrifices need to be made. I am willing so who else is ? I am hole heartedly behind this. Please vote honestly. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Not wishing to be petty, but I suggest backing this WHOLE heartedly, rather than with a hole in your heart! :laughing5:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby RageJon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:09 pm

I have not renewed in 2 years nor have I watched the red team in 2 years
I still back the no renewal.

Unfortunately I believe a boycott should be done asap.
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Jonty106 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:25 pm

paulh_85 wrote:asking completely the wrong question.

It is the right question. You have 3 clear choices. If you don't fall into any of those criteria then don't vote......just like me.
Jonty106

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Not renewing for me and my two boys. Fed up of the whole Tan circus and the shit football. I watched someone pay a fiver or whatever it is for the car park at the last home game and saw them directed into the easy to get out of Zone C/D and when I asked why this was so as I paid £150 to be stuck in Zone A I was told it's simple - pay more... Not sure if this was an invitation to slip the guy a few quid and a blind eye would be turned if I parked there or if it was just the general contempt [which was how it seemed] the club has for its loyal fans who put the money up front for season tickets, parking, merchandise, away games etc. For the first time ever, no CCFC merchandise as Christmas presents, so trying to make a stand and hit Tan in the pocket.
Bluebird For Life

Next

Return to General Chat