Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you support and not renew next season unless the re brand is reversed ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Are you prepared to support the #No Blue no renew campai

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 am

If this poll is an accurate indication of the numbers who won't renew next season, it should have enough of an effect to at least make Tan realise what he is doing to this club. I honestly believe that if every single supporter backed this campaign, we would return to blue as sponsors are not going to be interested in advertising in an almost empty stadium.

Each supporter must do what they think is best, but by renewing you are indirectly supporting the mad man, he is the owner and in the end whatever money is going into the club is obviously a big help to him. It's hard to run a business without customers.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 pm

All depends on price for me, if its resonable ill be there if not ill be at all aways games instead.

I respect the people who dont renew regardless of the price but for me ill be lost without footie on a sat.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:46 pm

I suspect a proportion of those saying they wont renew actually will renew.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:49 pm

T1JMO wrote:I suspect a proportion of those saying they wont renew actually will renew.

Maybe but I think we can expect a decent drop in sales irrespective of price.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm not sure how much this will bother Tan, if you think about it even if 100 season ticket holders don't renew - this only equates to Kenwyne Jones wages for 1 week (approx £40,000)

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:59 pm

I have not renewed or even been to a home game since the rebrand. I have only gone to away games :thumbup:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:38 pm

T1JMO wrote:I'm not sure how much this will bother Tan, if you think about it even if 100 season ticket holders don't renew - this only equates to Kenwyne Jones wages for 1 week (approx £40,000)

You are right, but I think the hope is that the fans who choose not to renew will be thousands rather than hundreds. It all depends on whether the majority of our supporters really want their club back, or are happy to see Tan doing whatever he wants with it. Flag waving and marches have had no effect. The only chance of us getting him to think again is by not handing our cash over to him. Like I said earlier, it's not just the season ticket money he loses, it's also programme sales, food and drink, merchandise etc., and advertisers wouldn't be prepared to pay big money to promote their businesses if the ground was empty. I think this is our last chance. Either we act now, or kiss goodbye to the Cardiff City that many of us have followed for a long time.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Me my dad and son will be renewing
i will surpport cardiff in blue red pink or orange
so its a no brainer
the only way i will not renew is price or i cannot afford it
wonder if cardiff have thought no away tickets avail next season unless you are a season ticket holder
would throw a cat among the pigeons

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:13 am

Bye bye everyone who is not renewing. this implies to me that you wont be posting here any more, wont be attending games any more and have no interest in City games. I totally understand how you feel and bid you fare well. However many of us will continue to support the City so please leave the rest of the active City supporters to get on with it.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:05 am

bigb wrote:Me my dad and son will be renewing
i will surpport cardiff in blue red pink or orange
so its a no brainer
the only way i will not renew is price or i cannot afford it
wonder if cardiff have thought no away tickets avail next season unless you are a season ticket holder
would throw a cat among the pigeons

That still wouldn't make me buy an ST.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 am

Bluetwin wrote:Bye bye everyone who is not renewing. this implies to me that you wont be posting here any more, wont be attending games any more and have no interest in City games. I totally understand how you feel and bid you fare well. However many of us will continue to support the City so please leave the rest of the active City supporters to get on with it.

Why in the world would this imply we wouldn't post here? Not attending games means we are no longer cardiff City fans? No.
It's hitting Tan where it hurts - in his wallet. And as soon as the club returns to blue, ticket sales and merch sales will fly up.
The atmosphere has nearly all gone, there's no excitement around the club anymore, it's souless.
"Please leave the rest of the active city supporters to get on with it" - Ermm ok.. You crack on fella, I don't know why you think renewing your ST puts you on a high horse, and I haven't seen anybody abusing anyone who's said they'll still renew.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am

Bluetwin thinks that if you dont renew you are not a fan. Well he is so wrong. Unfortunately you cant see the light with your head up your arse. I dont have a problem with people renewing its a choice. But I feel and so do many more that protests which just dont happen any more, or fans cant be bothered and isnt effective. The 19.27 is dead. If everyone did it then yes but we cant even get that. When I look at tbe Ninian stand less than 30% join in.
Not renewing is the last resort for me. I was doing this before the #No blue no renew campaign came in. But if you really want our identity back then you know what needs to be done. Witb the publicity given to this a renewal will be seen as an endorsement by the Club to the re brand. But at the mo.ent the result of this poll must be sending shivers dkwn the spines of the board.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:51 am

#nobluenorenew

100% behind this :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: