Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

#BoycottTheFAcup

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:22 am

It's our duty to boycott this game.

All true Cardiff fans must stay away.

Re: #BoycottTheFAcup

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I think a boycott of the cup game is far more likely to succeed than for a league fixture.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:58 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:I think a boycott of the cup game is far more likely to succeed than for a league fixture.

It wont show a true reflextion as even without a boycott the attendance will be small.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:30 pm

If a boycott is going to work, I think it has to be at a game that a crowd is expected.

Wait until we are on sky sports then do.

This boycott will get little to no coverage as a small crowd is expected.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:If a boycott is going to work, I think it has to be at a game that a crowd is expected.

Wait until we are on sky sports then do.

This boycott will get little to no coverage as a small crowd is expected.

If we are going to boycott it we need to protest outside the ground too. Sky cameras will be there and will pick up on it, putting pressure on tan

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Most people won't be attending anyway. It just sounds like an excuse not to attend in my opinion.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 am

Why will sky cameras be at our fa cup game??? It's on bbc wales!

You can't just boycott a game you're not interested in watching and think it's a success, basically just shows that you wouldn't boycott a game against a Barcelona or United, you would be queuing around the corner for tickets, but because it's collie you can call it a boycott and have an excuse to miss a game you didn't want to go and watch

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

np20 wrote:Why will sky cameras be at our fa cup game??? It's on bbc wales!

You can't just boycott a game you're not interested in watching and think it's a success, basically just shows that you wouldn't boycott a game against a Barcelona or United, you would be queuing around the corner for tickets, but because it's collie you can call it a boycott and have an excuse to miss a game you didn't want to go and watch

Thought it was sky showing it, even if it's BBC it will still get coverage.

Yes it's a game not many people will go too, but it's a start and will get everyone pulling in the right direction. At the moment someone will come up with an idea and then people will shout it down and pick faults with it. We need everyone to get involved or it's just pointless.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 am

You have to boycott every game, you cant pick and choose. It shouldnt have anything to do with the cameras being at the ground. Why are fans becoming media whores? Its between the club and the fans, dont air your dirty laundry in public, boycott the games, have nothing to do with the club until Tan reverts back to blue.

Its very hypocritical to choose what games to boycott. Its either all in or not at all, nothing works without it being done to the full and being done properly. thats why everything has failed so far. Its plans on the back of a fag packet on a spur of the moment and meetings in pubs.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:11 pm

np20 wrote:You have to boycott every game, you cant pick and choose. It shouldnt have anything to do with the cameras being at the ground. Why are fans becoming media whores? Its between the club and the fans, dont air your dirty laundry in public, boycott the games, have nothing to do with the club until Tan reverts back to blue.

Its very hypocritical to choose what games to boycott. Its either all in or not at all, nothing works without it being done to the full and being done properly. thats why everything has failed so far. Its plans on the back of a fag packet on a spur of the moment and meetings in pubs.

It's hypocritical because most of our fans are hypocrites. Even those who know what the word means.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 pm

What needs to happen is boycott the game but turn up and protest outside the Stadium so that the media see there are more outside the Stadium than actually inside it. I honestly cannot see many paying to watch this game but can see loads making their point outside the ground. :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

Been doing my own personal boycott since the moment we went read, glad to see others are starting to do so

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 am

np20 wrote:You have to boycott every game, you cant pick and choose. It shouldnt have anything to do with the cameras being at the ground. Why are fans becoming media whores? Its between the club and the fans, dont air your dirty laundry in public, boycott the games, have nothing to do with the club until Tan reverts back to blue.

Well we are just football fans, just ordinary people like you. If you are unhappy with the ideas so far perhaps you could organise something. I'm sure plenty of us would be more than happy to join in :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:01 pm

harold pinta wrote:

Well we are just football fans, just ordinary people like you. If you are unhappy with the ideas so far perhaps you could organise something. I'm sure plenty of us would be more than happy to join in :bluescarf:

These days my UK home is Shropshire, and i work abroad, as much as i would love to be on a board to take things forward it is impossible for me to be there in person.

But people have to remember that they are taking on a person who is extremely successful, wealthy, and a major player in his line of work.

You have to approach him in the right frame of mind, having a plan of action that has short, medium and long term actions, and be able to sit down and converse with him at a business level. He is not interested in speaking with Rogue groups, factions of supporters groups with no background and no set up.

Realistically it needs the face of the supporters trust, just because of the set up it has on face value, also it probably needs a person of high distinction, to be the face of the group. We need to find a supporter who we can take to a meeting with VT who is used to speaking to people like him. Im not saying the person who i am about to name that it should be, but it needs to be someone who has a similar standing to someone like Neil Kinnock, someone who has dealt with high value individuals and can speak to VT properly. It cant be a rag arsed rovers set up, with pub meetings, drinking and chanting, it needs a business like approach with individuals who can speak to VT at his level.