Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A win on Saturday

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:38 pm

A big if - but if we can and then grab a point at Charlton we can expect a big gate over the festive period v Watford. A win in that one will probably take us just into the top six. This will give us 37 points at the half way stage of the season. Double this gives us 74 - normally a definite total for the play offs. Interesting! Whilst the 37 points is okay, surely it's been such a poor start that with some new players in, and greater fitness and understanding, we might just do better than we originally thought.
Wish we still had Pullis though.

Re: A win on Saturday

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:20 am

37 points will be exceptional considering the problems we are having.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:44 am

We are still there in with a chance. I've always said this.
Slade has improved our results since he took over.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:15 am

MalagaCF wrote:We are still there in with a chance. I've always said this.
Slade has improved our results since he took over.

Yes, but not the performance - and not to be negative - but there really IS a factor of luck in football.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 am

Brezza wrote:A big if - but if we can and then grab a point at Charlton we can expect a big gate over the festive period v Watford. A win in that one will probably take us just into the top six. This will give us 37 points at the half way stage of the season. Double this gives us 74 - normally a definite total for the play offs. Interesting! Whilst the 37 points is okay, surely it's been such a poor start that with some new players in, and greater fitness and understanding, we might just do better than we originally thought.
Wish we still had Pullis though.

It's great to be positive but lets be honest even though the results have gone our way the performances have gone backwards since Slade has been in charge. Our football has been abysmal and the worse that I have seen in at least 5/6 years. I think that we have been fortunate with recent results and that luck will not last unless our performances improve. Quality players are being thrown overboard so the only hope is that some hidden gems are brought in the transfer window. Unless these hidden gems are unearthed and Slade gets them playing football I cannot see how we have any chance whatsoever of even getting near the play offs.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 am

A win Saturday changes nothing.

We are playing Brentford ffs.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:A win Saturday changes nothing.

We are playing Brentford ffs.

A win on Saturday gives us 3 points Brentford, Barcelona or Bala town 3 points is 3 points :bluescarf: :bluescarf: