Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DISGRACE ' AS CARDIFF FAN ATTACKS CARDIFF FAN '

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 pm

" SADLY THIS DOES SHOW HOW DIVIDED AND TORN APART OUR CLUB HAS BECOME " :cry:
I will be honest,I was there with my daughter and friends and thankfully nothing like this happened by us :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Cardiff City Supporters Club chief reveals shocking moment Bluebirds fans turned on each other amid violence and threats

Tuesday Dec 16, 2014

By Alex Bywater

VINCE ALM says some Cardiff City supporters abused fellow fans at Bournemouth as passions continue to run high over the rebrand

Vince Alm said, Young fans were forced to cower and cry as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by other Cardiff supporters, some of them allegedly too drunk to stand.

Cardiff City Supporters Club leader Vince Alm has revealed the full extent of the turmoil engulfing Bluebirds fans as he described the shocking moment supporters turned on each other amid a toxic atmosphere of violence and threats at Bournemouth.

The 5-3 defeat at the Goldsands Stadium consigned Russell Slade’s men to another loss on the road, with Cardiff fans angered by seeing their side play in an unfamiliar white kit.

The days following the defeat have seen some Bluebirds supporters threaten to desert their club and not renew season tickets as the social media campaign #NoBlueNoRenew gathers pace.

And amid more off field trouble for the club, Supporters Club chief Alm has described how drunk Bluebirds fans exchanged abuse and violent threats on the south coast.

Alm said young fans were forced to cower and cry as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by other Cardiff supporters, some of them allegedly too drunk to stand.

Alm, who helps organise fans’ trips to away matches, described the experience as “the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

“There were ugly scenes amongst our own supporters on Saturday at Bournemouth, with supporters exchanging abuse, violent threats and bullying many of whom were drunk and emotional,” Alm wrote in a Facebook post to fellow Cardiff fans.

“It was sad and disappointing to see young kids cowering and crying as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by drunken Cardiff supporters for a variety of reasons; falling into them because they were too drunk to stand, asking them to support the team, or asking them to sit down.”

Alm continued: “I received several unsavoury comments and abuse in front of my eight-year-old grandson from drunken, emotional supporters, and it was the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

The claims come amid mounting unrest among supporters who are demanding Vincent Tan reverses the controversial rebrand that has split supporters since 2012. There have been previous clashes on social media and at fans' meetings between those who accepted the rebrand and those who were passionately against it.

Cardiff chiefs made the decision to play in white, the traditional colours of local rivals Swansea City, as they believed FA rules stipulated they could not play in their normal blue away kit because Bournemouth’s predominant kit colour is black.

That decision came despite the fact Ipswich Town wore their blue strip at the Goldsands just a few weeks ago and Birmingham have also played there in their blue strip.

Vince Alm of Cardiff City Supporters Club

In further revelations, Alm said he’s been assured by Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo that the club will not wear their third choice kit unless there is a colour clash with a team whose home kit is read and blue.

“Mr Choo assured me that the decision to wear the white kit was not taken by the owner Vincent Tan and there was nothing political in the choice to wear the kit,” Alm wrote.

“We discussed in detail the rebrand and other topics which I believe are causing this divide among fans, loss of interest from the supporter base, and the divide that is growing between the club its fan base.

“Ken Choo listened to everything I had to say and gave his promise to continue to work with us going forward.”

Cardiff City have declined to comment on the reported unrest in Bournemouth.

WalesOnline has contacted Dorset Police for a comment.

Re: ' DISGRACE ' AS CARDIFF FAN ATTACKS CARDIFF FAN '

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 pm

what was the reason the fans did this?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Bournemouth seen as a great trip or great weekend by some.
Loads intent on getting drunk.
Drink and Cardiff fans don't mix especially when the rebrand had split our fans.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:34 pm

More misery on our beloved Bluebird heritage and giving the footballing world more to laugh about.

Our club is a circus, in a mess from top to bottom and unfortunately it's only going to get worst before it gets better.

My Dad's been a season ticket holder for 30 years and isn't renewing next season, he has no other passion in life other than City but he's had enough, it's saddening to see some of the old guard going this way.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:43 pm

How about we identify this for what it is, a drunk dickhead being a dickhead. To blame this on a rebrand is lazy and ridiculous.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 pm

ashi83 wrote:How about we identify this for what it is, a drunk dickhead being a dickhead. To blame this on a rebrand is lazy and ridiculous.

So the guy who was there and witnessed gives you his assessment of what went on and that the rebrand was one of the issues that he felt contributed to it, yet you choose to call it ridiculous :lol: Keep your head in sand son :lol: Ignorance is bliss as they say :thumbup:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:29 pm

On the CCSC meet us page Vince is the Travel and Press officer of the supporters club not the HEAD. I agree that attacking each other is wrong but should,nt the chairman or Vice chairman of the supporters club be meeting Choo ????? Only an observation from someone packing it in after 41 years

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Using rebrand for drunken yobs behaviour is wrong! Just shows their mentality when drunk Pure yobs no more no less! :old:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
ashi83 wrote:How about we identify this for what it is, a drunk dickhead being a dickhead. To blame this on a rebrand is lazy and ridiculous.

So the guy who was there and witnessed gives you his assessment of what went on and that the rebrand was one of the issues that he felt contributed to it, yet you choose to call it ridiculous :lol: Keep your head in sand son :lol: Ignorance is bliss as they say :thumbup:

So it's OK to be abusive ect just because they don't I like rebrand?? Did anyone abuse them? No they were drunk and that is no excuse what so ever to be abusive and threatening! Or maybe you think it is judgeing by your response! :thumbup

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Of course the rebrand is to blame, tempers are at breaking point as there doesn't seem to be a way to stop tan, you've only got to look at arsenal fans at Stoke fighting amongst them selves over wengers situation! It happens and yes it's totally unacceptable

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

ccfc_matt wrote:Of course the rebrand is to blame, tempers are at breaking point as there doesn't seem to be a way to stop tan, you've only got to look at arsenal fans at Stoke fighting amongst them selves over wengers situation! It happens and yes it's totally unacceptable

So everyone who got drunk and abusive needed rebrand as excuse for behaviour? Wonder what excuse they use on a fri night at pub ? :laughing6:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Drink and other substances used by some on away days like it every game foul and abusive language against anyone the feel like bullying,it family men and women with their kids not all youngsters some are grown men who should know better nothing to do with regard or football they just go to get pissed and see what problems they can cause

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:06 pm

The rebrand has inflamed passions, but I'm afraid that in common with many clubs, we have always had our fair share of absolute idiots. Every Wembley trip was marred by some fans being so drunk (and/or drugged) that they were unable to even stand, and caused mayhem for all those near them.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Misled Mike wrote:On the CCSC meet us page Vince is the Travel and Press officer of the supporters club not the HEAD. I agree that attacking each other is wrong but should,nt the chairman or Vice chairman of the supporters club be meeting Choo ????? Only an observation from someone packing it in after 41 years

Vince Liaises with the football club and reports back to the CCSC.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Let's tell it as it is. Many say this has nothing to do with the re brand but it has everything to do with it. There has been aggressors on both sides. But the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the Club. They have destroyed it completely. Made it a laughing stock, not just Vinny tw*t but his arse licking yes men as well. The Fans are hurting and they are taking it out on each other and that is wrong and very sad. If Vinny tw*t had any decency he would reverse it straight away. Why ? Because it's the right thing to do. But he is a disgraceful Man with no decency or care for who he hurts. Just a very rich business man who wants to shit over everyone because he can. If this continues what happened in Bournmouth will get a lot worse yet.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Cardiff on Cardiff, never heard of that before :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fairy tale side of us aside....The rebrand is collapsing in on itself like a black hole

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Let's tell it as it is. Many say this has nothing to do with the re brand but it has everything to do with it. There has been aggressors on both sides. But the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the Club. They have destroyed it completely. Made it a laughing stock, not just Vinny tw*t but his arse licking yes men as well. The Fans are hurting and they are taking it out on each other and that is wrong and very sad. If Vinny tw*t had any decency he would reverse it straight away. Why ? Because it's the right thing to do. But he is a disgraceful Man with no decency or care for who he hurts. Just a very rich business man who wants to shit over everyone because he can. If this continues what happened in Bournmouth will get a lot worse yet.

100% true nukes.

Tan is to blame and he needs to go. He's destroyed our club with his pathetic lucky red ideology. He's messed up my weekends and destroyed precious times I had with my boys. I hate him with a passion. :evil:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm

I also feel strongly what the rebrand has done and alienated my self and thousands of other city fans ,,, I loved atteding with my son but the apathy at the club has destroyed the passion and enjoyment . I will rejoin when the club returns to blue and hopefully MR Tans either revisits the rebrand issue or otherwise says good bye as he has much to answer for , due to his failure to engage in a partnership with fans ,

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Let's tell it as it is. Many say this has nothing to do with the re brand but it has everything to do with it. There has been aggressors on both sides. But the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the Club. They have destroyed it completely. Made it a laughing stock, not just Vinny tw*t but his arse licking yes men as well. The Fans are hurting and they are taking it out on each other and that is wrong and very sad. If Vinny tw*t had any decency he would reverse it straight away. Why ? Because it's the right thing to do. But he is a disgraceful Man with no decency or care for who he hurts. Just a very rich business man who wants to shit over everyone because he can. If this continues what happened in Bournmouth will get a lot worse yet.

100% true nukes.

Tan is to blame and he needs to go. He's destroyed our club with his pathetic lucky red ideology. He's messed up my weekends and destroyed precious times I had with my boys. I hate him with a passion. :evil:

The only people to blame are the idiots that verbally or physically abuses a fellow fan! No matter what side of the Tan fence you sit on, it is inexcusable especially in front of young kids and scaring or upsetting them. Remember, Vincent Tan isn't making you do anything!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 pm

I just got the feeling they are playing into Tans hands as he takes some perverse pleasure from this fiasco.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:00 pm

I agree. I go to every away game and i've never come across any rebrand agro but I never fail to see drunken idiots pushing, spilling drink, causing arguements with our own fans. I've even seen drunken twats pushing themselves between dads and kids seats because they are too bothered about drink to take their seats before the game starts.

Nothing lets our club down more than this, not even Tan or the rebrand.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:04 pm

vince,i am totally against the rebrand and always will be,but everyone has the right to have their own opinion,i used to go everywhere with the city when we were shite,i have done all 92 grounds with Cardiff,but I don't go anymore.Tan has ripped the club apart in my view,he will be gone one day and I pray whoever takes over the city,we change back 2 our rightful colour of blue.Vince,i got a question I would like 2 ask u,did tan say that by changing 2 red,he said all the debt would be paid against the club,as far as I know,that hasn't happened.that was his main promise,changing 2 red he said Cardiff would be debt free.any idea m8

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

100% true nukes.

The only people to blame are the idiots that verbally or physically abuses a fellow fan! No matter what side of the Tan fence you sit on, it is inexcusable especially in front of young kids and scaring or upsetting them. Remember, Vincent Tan isn't making you do anything!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Idiots who attack other fans are stupid but If tan hadn't done the rebrand this wouldn't have happened

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:14 am

DAILY MIRROR

Young Cardiff City fans 'forced to cower in tears as Bluebirds supporters turned on each other'

Dec 17, 2014

By James Whaling

The leader of the Welsh side's supporters club, Vince Alm, has taken to Facebook to say it was the 'lowest I have felt' following the team

The leader of the Cardiff City Supporters Club, Vince Alm, has revealed how young Bluebirds supporters were made to cower and were reduced to tears when fans turned on each other at Bournemouth at the weekend.

Cardiff slipped to a 5-3 defeat, and played in an unfamiliar white kit, the colours of local rivals Swansea, amid the off-field controversy which continues to engulf the club.

Owner Vincent Tan changed the club's colours from blue to red in 2012 as part of a rebrand, which has angered City supporters.

Cardiff's away kit still carries their tradition blue, but club officials reportedly thought it would 'clash' with Bournemouth's black strip, thus deciding to wear white, despite Ipswich Town wearing blue at Dean Court just a few weeks ago.

Bluebirds fans have taken to Twitter in the aftermath of the Bournemouth game, posting the hashtag #NoBlueNoRenew, a threat to not buy season tickets next season unless their blue kit is restored.

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan gestures to fansUnpopular: Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan
Drunken fans clashed with each other on the south coast, and Alm took to Facebook to express his discontent with the situation.

He wrote: “There were ugly scenes amongst our own supporters on Saturday at Bournemouth, with supporters exchanging abuse, violent threats and bullying many of whom were drunk and emotional.

“It was sad and disappointing to see young kids cowering and crying as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by drunken Cardiff supporters for a variety of reasons; falling into them because they were too drunk to stand, asking them to support the team, or asking them to sit down.

“I received several unsavoury comments and abuse in front of my eight-year-old grandson from drunken, emotional supporters, and it was the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:DAILY MIRROR

Young Cardiff City fans 'forced to cower in tears as Bluebirds supporters turned on each other'

Dec 17, 2014

By James Whaling

The leader of the Welsh side's supporters club, Vince Alm, has taken to Facebook to say it was the 'lowest I have felt' following the team

The leader of the Cardiff City Supporters Club, Vince Alm, has revealed how young Bluebirds supporters were made to cower and were reduced to tears when fans turned on each other at Bournemouth at the weekend.

Cardiff slipped to a 5-3 defeat, and played in an unfamiliar white kit, the colours of local rivals Swansea, amid the off-field controversy which continues to engulf the club.

Owner Vincent Tan changed the club's colours from blue to red in 2012 as part of a rebrand, which has angered City supporters.

Cardiff's away kit still carries their tradition blue, but club officials reportedly thought it would 'clash' with Bournemouth's black strip, thus deciding to wear white, despite Ipswich Town wearing blue at Dean Court just a few weeks ago.

Bluebirds fans have taken to Twitter in the aftermath of the Bournemouth game, posting the hashtag #NoBlueNoRenew, a threat to not buy season tickets next season unless their blue kit is restored.

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan gestures to fansUnpopular: Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan
Drunken fans clashed with each other on the south coast, and Alm took to Facebook to express his discontent with the situation.

He wrote: “There were ugly scenes amongst our own supporters on Saturday at Bournemouth, with supporters exchanging abuse, violent threats and bullying many of whom were drunk and emotional.

“It was sad and disappointing to see young kids cowering and crying as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by drunken Cardiff supporters for a variety of reasons; falling into them because they were too drunk to stand, asking them to support the team, or asking them to sit down.

“I received several unsavoury comments and abuse in front of my eight-year-old grandson from drunken, emotional supporters, and it was the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

Was Vince singled out then? I assume because he would be seen by some of our more mentally challenged fans as supporting the rebrand?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" SADLY THIS DOES SHOW HOW DIVIDED AND TORN APART OUR CLUB HAS BECOME " :cry:
I will be honest,I was there with my daughter and friends and thankfully nothing like this happened by us :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Cardiff City Supporters Club chief reveals shocking moment Bluebirds fans turned on each other amid violence and threats

Tuesday Dec 16, 2014

By Alex Bywater

VINCE ALM says some Cardiff City supporters abused fellow fans at Bournemouth as passions continue to run high over the rebrand

Vince Alm said, Young fans were forced to cower and cry as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by other Cardiff supporters, some of them allegedly too drunk to stand.

Cardiff City Supporters Club leader Vince Alm has revealed the full extent of the turmoil engulfing Bluebirds fans as he described the shocking moment supporters turned on each other amid a toxic atmosphere of violence and threats at Bournemouth.

The 5-3 defeat at the Goldsands Stadium consigned Russell Slade’s men to another loss on the road, with Cardiff fans angered by seeing their side play in an unfamiliar white kit.

The days following the defeat have seen some Bluebirds supporters threaten to desert their club and not renew season tickets as the social media campaign #NoBlueNoRenew gathers pace.

And amid more off field trouble for the club, Supporters Club chief Alm has described how drunk Bluebirds fans exchanged abuse and violent threats on the south coast.

Alm said young fans were forced to cower and cry as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by other Cardiff supporters, some of them allegedly too drunk to stand.

Alm, who helps organise fans’ trips to away matches, described the experience as “the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

“There were ugly scenes amongst our own supporters on Saturday at Bournemouth, with supporters exchanging abuse, violent threats and bullying many of whom were drunk and emotional,” Alm wrote in a Facebook post to fellow Cardiff fans.

“It was sad and disappointing to see young kids cowering and crying as their fathers were physically attacked, threatened with violence and bullied by drunken Cardiff supporters for a variety of reasons; falling into them because they were too drunk to stand, asking them to support the team, or asking them to sit down.”

Alm continued: “I received several unsavoury comments and abuse in front of my eight-year-old grandson from drunken, emotional supporters, and it was the lowest I have ever felt supporting the club.”

The claims come amid mounting unrest among supporters who are demanding Vincent Tan reverses the controversial rebrand that has split supporters since 2012. There have been previous clashes on social media and at fans' meetings between those who accepted the rebrand and those who were passionately against it.

Cardiff chiefs made the decision to play in white, the traditional colours of local rivals Swansea City, as they believed FA rules stipulated they could not play in their normal blue away kit because Bournemouth’s predominant kit colour is black.

That decision came despite the fact Ipswich Town wore their blue strip at the Goldsands just a few weeks ago and Birmingham have also played there in their blue strip.

Vince Alm of Cardiff City Supporters Club

In further revelations, Alm said he’s been assured by Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo that the club will not wear their third choice kit unless there is a colour clash with a team whose home kit is read and blue.

“Mr Choo assured me that the decision to wear the white kit was not taken by the owner Vincent Tan and there was nothing political in the choice to wear the kit,” Alm wrote.

“We discussed in detail the rebrand and other topics which I believe are causing this divide among fans, loss of interest from the supporter base, and the divide that is growing between the club its fan base.

“Ken Choo listened to everything I had to say and gave his promise to continue to work with us going forward.”

Cardiff City have declined to comment on the reported unrest in Bournemouth.

WalesOnline has contacted Dorset Police for a comment.

No bother by me iether.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 pm

So on those logic I'm not responsible for my violent actions if something I like has changed.
So when Burger King changed they fries to those horrible crunchie things I could attack who ever I wanted because it's Burger King responsibility?

I think not all a human can control is they own actions. If an other actions upset you it does not mean it's right to assault others and blame the person that upset you.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

So on those logic I'm not responsible for my violent actions if something I like has changed.
So when Burger King changed they fries to those horrible crunchie things I could attack who ever I wanted because it's Burger King responsibility?

I think not all a human can control is they own actions. If an other actions upset you it does not mean it's right to assault others and blame the person that upset you.

I did say if you look it is wrong and very sad Chief :thumbup:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Never any excuse to abuse or attack another fan, regardless of how different your views are.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:21 am

The way fans on here are blaming Tan and the club for this is crazy
we are doing this nobody else
turning on our own is shameless and wrong
if you do not want to surpport the team do not go
The hatred is growing but that is between our own fans
my old man who is 71 wears a red jacket every home and my boy is concerned that trouble is around the corner every home game now and i have on occasion thought the same
should never be
we need to unite yes but that means either unite and surpport the team get promotion and hopefully tan sells up as a lot beleive or unfortunatly unite and do not buy seasons tickets etc and hopefully drive tan out
not sure either will work but atm what we are doing is nothing more that rubbish crap atmosphere divide fans and everyone has a fall guy for this Tan
look in the mirror