Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ' CARDIFF CITY v BRENTFORD ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Maybe if you have a manager who only has experience in the lower leagues, and an assistant who is not good enough to coach at Welsh league level, you are going to get a standard of football somewhere between the two.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:07 pm

The squad is good enough but the managers aren't. Whatever happened to working woth what is there. Why all this nextvttansfer window crap ? It's just passing the blame. I'll give slade time but seems out of his depth needs help.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Has Slade made any HT changes chaps?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Has Slade made any HT changes chaps?

No

1-3 now noone header.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Pat Turd wrote:The squad is good enough but the managers aren't. Whatever happened to working woth what is there. Why all this nextvttansfer window crap ? It's just passing the blame. I'll give slade time but seems out of his depth needs help.

Totally agree, all this rubbish about getting his players in are just excuses, there is enough quality in this squad to be challenging for a play off place

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello everyone- 3-1 c'mon Cardiff
I'm surprised no changes HT
Last edited by European Blue on Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Has Slade made any HT changes chaps?

No

1-3 now noone header.

Thanks. Let's hope that this is the start of a proper fightback.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Maybe if you have a manager who only has experience in the lower leagues, and an assistant who is not good enough to coach at Welsh league level, you are going to get a standard of football somewhere between the two.

Unfortunately, I think you've correctly summarised the situation. Pity VT couldn't have come to the same conclusion, business guru that he apparently is.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Sounds to me that Harris has to be starting every game now as he's our only player that appears to want to make crosses into the box. Remember crosses?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:17 pm

54% possession with Brentford.....have to dominate the ball at home and build pressure!!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:19 pm

also not 1 yellow card for a Cardiff player....must be a great place to be playing football for away teams at present

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm

ThomasC wrote:also not 1 yellow card for a Cardiff player....must be a great place to be playing football for away teams at present

I noticed that. Brentford are even beating us at fouls.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:34 pm

3-2 back in it :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:39 pm

And Jones scores, not slade faveorites Macheda or le fondre, per usual. Say what you want, the guy has 8 goals in 13 games

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Tommy2 wrote:And Jones scores, not slade faveorites Macheda or le fondre, per usual. Say what you want, the guy has 8 goals in 13 games

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:43 pm

:bluescarf: C'mon City. Fightback, 7 mins to go.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:58 pm

All over.Hammered in the first half.A good effort in the second half. :bluescarf:
I would have started with Jones.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm

A good fight back but never mind on to charlton. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:A good fight back but never mind on to charlton. :ayatollah:

f*cking hell.. :roll:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:A good fight back but never mind on to charlton. :ayatollah:

f*cking hell.. :roll:

well sorry for being positive. :roll:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Well that's it for Slade for me. Honeymoon and probation period is now over. We get hammered in the first half and then decide to play for a 20 minute fightback where the sum tactic was kick it up to KJ as we are apparently devoid & incapable of any actual football ideas. If that's Slade's preferred football system then we need to get-rid quick. Football is a results business and we are simply not getting them or building a consistently performing team. The wins that we have achieved were just fortunate, masking over the real issue that we have a manager and staff clearly out of their depth. We have never seen the 'impact' result of a new manager that other teams have seen and its simply not good enough. And as Slade was VT's appointment, it's his responsibility. The reality is while VT is here, we may never get a decent manager. We are 8 pts off play-offs but the gap for autos is now opening up. Right now, even if we made the play-offs, under the present set-up I can't see us getting through. Sort it out Vinnie, it doesn't and shouldn't have to be this way.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 pm

The crap football could be somewhat excused when he was getting results.
The combInation of hoofball and bad results though, is just too depressing.
He really needs to go back to the drawing board.
The strikers aren't good enough, overrun in central midfield, lack penetration.
I can't see why he can't try 4-5-1 or 4-2-3. Put 5 midfielders on. Lefondre and Macheda not done enough to justify always being in the team.
Last edited by Tommy2 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Well that's it for Slade for me. Honeymoon and probation period is now over. We get hammered in the first half and then decide to play for a 20 minute fightback where the sum tactic was kick it up to KJ as we are apparently devoid & incapable of any actual football ideas. If that's Slade's preferred football system then we need to get-rid quick. Football is a results business and we are simply not getting them or building a consistently performing team. The wins that we have achieved were just fortunate, masking over the real issue that we have a manager and staff clearly out of their depth. We have never seen the 'impact' result of a new manager that other teams have seen and its simply not good enough. And as Slade was VT's appointment, it's his responsibility. The reality is while VT is here, we may never get a decent manager. We are 8 pts off play-offs but the gap for autos is now opening up. Right now, even if we made the play-offs, under the present set-up I can't see us getting through. Sort it out Vinnie, it doesn't and shouldn't have to be this way.

Said on this thread yesterday that I couldn't see us changing from hoofing the high ball forward and hoping for the best. Think we will struggle playing div 1 tactics.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Why does he always seem to change the left back with around 15mins to go :shock:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Dear Santa,

Please can we have Tony Pulis and a new owner for Christmas please? You still owe me for non-delivery of a Scaletrix in 1975 and a night with Rachel Riley in 2014 so you know it makes sense.

Merry Christmas

GES

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Why does he always seem to change the left back with around 15mins to go :shock:

Always the full back and the striker, never the central midfielders or wingers ( that is unless it's Kim). Predictable as ever.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

HOOOOOF! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KJ

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:00 pm

' MY OPINION/VIEW ' " A GAME OF TWO HALVES TODAY "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151714 :thumbright: