Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ' CARDIFF CITY v BRENTFORD ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:49 am

Brentford boss says there's no bad blood with Cardiff City chief
Dec 20, 2014

By MSP GetWestLondon
Warburton denies there's a rift with Slade ahead of trip to south Wales

Brentford manager Mark Warburton insists there's no hard feelings between himself and Cardiff City counterpart Russell Slade.

Slade accused the Bees of "celebrating like they had won the FA Cup" after beating his Leyton Orient side in a promotion showdown at Brisbane Road in February.

But Warburton, whose team went on to clinch a top-two finish at Orient’s expense, says there's no bad blood between the pair ahead of today's clash in south Wales.

He said: “We celebrated an important win for five seconds and then shook hands – we were respectful.

“Maybe we should have shaken hands first, but defeats in this game are sore enough, so when you win you want to celebrate.

“There’s no hard feelings. I have seen him since and spoke to him on the phone a few weeks ago. Russell’s a nice guy, very experienced with a good CV.”

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:17 am

Cardiff could hand Kadeem Harris a full debut against his former club Brentford.

The former Wycombe winger was sent on for his Bluebirds bow at half-time of last Saturday's 5-3 defeat at Bournemouth and he could start against the club where he spent an 11-game loan spell last season.

Kim Bo-Kyung looks most likely to step out of the side for Harris and while Anthony Pilkington is closing in on a return following a hamstring injury this match looks to have come too soon for the winger.

One player who will not be involved is Ravel Morrison. The West Ham loanee returned to Upton Park this week on compassionate leave and looks unlikely to feature for Cardiff again before his loan spell comes to an end.

Brentford are likely to be unchanged following the 3-1 win over Blackburn last weekend.

The in-form Bees, who have won six of their last seven matches, have no new injury concerns with only long-term absentees Alan McCormack and Scott Hogan unavailable.

Defender McCormack will be out until the new year with an ankle injury and striker Hogan is continuing his recovery from the cruciate injury he suffered in August.

Winger Moses Odubajo will continue to deputise for McCormack at right-back while Andre Gray leads the line again after scoring his ninth goal of the season against Rovers.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:19 am

SkyBet odds today

Cardiff City 5/4
Draw 12/5
Brentford 21/10

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Cardiff City team v Brentford: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Manga, Turner, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Harris, Noone, le Fondre, Macheda

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 pm

I fancy A 2-0 win and Harris to score ?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City team v Brentford: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Manga, Turner, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Harris, Noone, le Fondre, Macheda

Good to see Harris starting. Interesting to see if he will keep Pilkington out.

So it is back to ALF and Macheda. Our attack is a problem, surprising considering what everyone was saying in the summer.

Two goal Morrison loses out to Manga. That is going to be a bitter pill for him to take.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 pm

So it is back to ALF and Macheda. Our attack is a problem, surprising considering what everyone was saying in the summer.

Tbh I expected Jones and Guerra to be the main men and le Fondre and Macheda to be impact subs.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Tbh I expected Jones and Guerra to be the main men and le Fondre and Macheda to be impact subs.

You and most other I would say.

Total mystery why Guerra is not getting a look in.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Slade out

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Well lets be honest......we deserve this.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Couldn't make the game as stuck indoors with flu. No feeds either. What the fuck-is going on chaps, 2 down already??!!!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:31 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Couldn't make the game as stuck indoors with flu. No feeds either. What the fuck-is going on chaps, 2 down already??!!!

Defence crap. 2 attacks by Brentford 2 goals.

Our chances have been far and between. When we had a chance Le Fondre blasted wide.

All you can hear are the Brentford fans.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 pm

3 down its a shamble.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 pm

3-0 :shock:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Couldn't make the game as stuck indoors with flu. No feeds either. What the fuck-is going on chaps, 2 down already??!!!

Our chances have been far and between. When we had a chance Le Fondre blasted wide.

Thanks mate - listening to it on radio. 3-0 down now. Cannot believe it. Slade is not the man for us, even if he get's a few in. This should not be happening. Fcking tamping.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:37 pm

It's virtually impossible to praise Russel Slade for anything he's done for us so far, apart from that he was better than Ole. But that really says very little.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Had to call off my trip down there today at the last minute, as had business that couldn't be swerved, blessing in disguise as it looks like its turning out. Pretty embarrassing, 3-0 at home and sounds like they will get more :cry: :cry:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Crazy! Never thought city would be 3-0 down after 32 minutes under the ultra defensive slade.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:41 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Thanks mate - listening to it on radio. 3-0 down now. Cannot believe it. Slade is not the man for us, even if he get's a few in. This should not be happening. Fcking tamping.

It was only a question of time before it came to this.

I thought Slade earn his chance after the home wins although we all should have seen they were more luck than anything going on the performances. Slade is going to get slaughtered after this.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:43 pm

I bet we are not closing down, defending too deep and playing route 1. Are we doing anything in midfield? Do our players generally look like their up for this as this is not acceptable. BBC have just commented that we look 'hapless'. Fcking 'hapless' FFS get it sorted out. Whilst VT is here I fear we will never get a decent manager. What a complete mess. And its made my flu worse.:evil:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Eight goals conceded in 2 hours of football against Bournemouth & Brentford. Something very wrong here, doesn't say much for Slade getting our defence organised and making us hard to beat. Thought we were a mid table side at best, but keep this up and we'll end up below that.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought Slade earn his chance after the home wins although we all should have seen they were more luck than anything going on the performances. Slade is going to get slaughtered after this.

I was pleasantly surprised with Slades first few games, which probably indicated just how bad OGS was! I didn't really think he was capable of even that! However, I said that I would give him 12 games before passing judgement :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agree. I like most of us decided to give the guy time but this is not right. The home form improvement was good but we seem to have gone backwards in the last few games and my fear that the wins were masking deeper issues appears to be manifesting. He should be going mental with them at half-time and the team should be responding. C'mon boys, do you fcking want this or not?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Left the game as soon as the third hit the net.

I've never seen anything so dreadful in all my life. How Turner has started before Morrison I don't know. Macheda, Noone and Whittingham were pathetic.

Safe to say, they've lost another season ticket holder for next season.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Slade out Pulis in, get Tony Pulis in before the transfer window closes :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Slade's insistence on 442 is killing us today. Brentford have an extra man in midfield and are picking us off as a result. Why the f**k has Slade not changed the system, seeing this? Say what you will about OGS, but he WOULD have changed our shape as soon as these problems became obvious today.

Macheda is shit, and a lazy fucker. I've never seen a player lose possession of the ball so much. He offers us literally nothing, loses the ball, and has made Le Fondre run around like a headless chicken trying to do two peoples jobs.

I've stayed behind the team and managers this season. What I'm seeing now is shameful though. I'll still cheer them on, but f**k me, how am I supposed to have faith in a manager who so far has not done a single thing in his time here that suggests he knows what he's doing?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:02 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:Left the game as soon as the third hit the net.

I've never seen anything so dreadful in all my life. How Turner has started before Morrison I don't know. Macheda, Noone and Whittingham were pathetic.

I hate when people leave the game early. And saying you're not going next season because we've lost a few games?

Awful attitude.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:03 pm

This is Southampton all over agian. :(

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

JamesC wrote:
himynameismartyn wrote:Left the game as soon as the third hit the net.

I hate when people leave the game early. And saying you're not going next season because we've lost a few games?

Awful attitude.

2nd time I've left a game early in 18 years so don't question my attitude.

I have not enjoyed it since the move to the new stadium in regards to the atmosphere.

If that garbage was on TV, I'd have turned the channel.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

If the football is shit he is intitled to save his money, if he wants to watch shit he can do it for free in a toilet.