Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR THE TRUE WELSH ON HERE

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:35 pm

This day in 1282 at Cilmeri just outside Builth Wells Our Prince llywelyn ap gruffydd was murdered .

Re: FOR THE TRUE WELSH ON HERE

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Fe godwn ni eto

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:44 pm

griff105 wrote:Fe godwn ni eto

:thumbup:

Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Did they catch the b*stard

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:This day in 1282 at Cilmeri just outside Builth Wells Our Prince llywelyn ap gruffydd was murdered .

Wow!

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Waiting for the photo fit of the Barstuard that did it. :lol:

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 pm

What, exactly, qualifies somebody to be 'true Welsh'?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:37 am

Why did you post this in English?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Born in Wales, served in The Royal Welch Fusiliers, know the words to "Men of Harlech", eat Clarkes Pies, drink Brains Beer but can't/don't want to speak welsh - do I qualify as "true welsh"?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Born in Wales, served in The Royal Welch Fusiliers, know the words to "Men of Harlech", eat Clarkes Pies, drink Brains Beer but can't/don't want to speak welsh - do I qualify as "true welsh"?

Yes.
Imo you are true Welsh if you believe you are Welsh and want to be Welsh.

I dont the the op was trying to be divisive, just marking a very important event in Welsh history. :thumbup:

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Born in Wales, served in The Royal Welch Fusiliers, know the words to "Men of Harlech", eat Clarkes Pies, drink Brains Beer but can't/don't want to speak welsh - do I qualify as "true welsh"?

You have to have an English son-in law and support Wolverhampton :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 pm

griff105 wrote:

Yes.
Imo you are true Welsh if you believe you are Welsh and want to be Welsh.

I dont the the op was trying to be divisive, just marking a very important event in Welsh history. :thumbup:

:lol:

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 am

Why not?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Why not?

Because he probably realises that it's a waste of time

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Aramore wrote:

You have to have an English son-in law and support Wolverhampton :ayatollah:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: post of the year :laughing6: sons of am yow :laughing6:

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:02 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:This day in 1282 at Cilmeri just outside Builth Wells Our Prince llywelyn ap gruffydd was murdered .

Has it been on Crimewatch yet?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Why not?

Because he probably realises that it's a waste of time

How so?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Because the welsh language is pointless in the world economy and the cost of it takes away much needed money from other areas like health

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 pm

was it an english fucker that killed him rip

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:05 am

On this day in 1892 ......cock robin was killed..............and the question remains who killed cock robin.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:06 am

I blame Joe Jordan :laughing6:

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

Denzil wrote:On this day in 1892 ......cock robin was killed..............and the question remains who killed cock robin.

FFS This is a serious thread and all you are interested in is who killed the Cock ? :notworthy: :laughing6:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Military Junta wrote:Because the welsh language is pointless in the world economy and the cost of it takes away much needed money from other areas like health

'Pointless', is it? Then have a look at this:

http://whywelsh.wordpress.com/2013/08/2 ... rrelevant/

Too much money being spent on it? Another myth, which the following completely shatters:

http://whywelsh.wordpress.com/2013/08/2 ... -too-much/

Mwynhewch y darllen!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Because the welsh language is pointless in the world economy and the cost of it takes away much needed money from other areas like health

Too much money being spent on it? Another myth, which the following completely shatters:

Mwynhewch y darllen!

Well said. The Welsh language is the oldest surviving language in Europe. The language was weakened by the education system which at one time only employed English teachers who punished pupils physically for daring to speak their own language. :evil: We should embrace any attempts to spread awareness of Welsh culture, history and the language. :thumbright:

My Dad grew up near Llandovery and couldn't speak English until he moved to find work. His first and only language up until then was Welsh, but what made him Welsh was not the language but his heart and soul. He never put down people for speaking English and his attitude was that if someone wants to be Welsh, then that is a qualification in itself. :thumbright:

If you think the Welsh language is pointless, then Cardiff isn't the Capital City because Wales doesn't exist. This thread should be applauded by every reader in my humble opinion. :notworthy:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Mwynhewch y darllen!

What someones blog FFS.