Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY BANISH THEIR AWAY DAYS IN BLUE "

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:46 pm

My View/Opinion

" CARDIFF CITY BANISH THEIR AWAY DAYS IN BLUE "

:bluescarf: THIS TODAY IS WHAT REMINDS ME WHY WE FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :bluescarf:

Cardiff City Starting XI: Marshall, Brayford, Turner, Morrison, Connolly, Pilkington, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Jones & le Fondre.

substitutes: Moore, Fabio, Ralls, Adeyemi, Daehli, Macheda & Maynard.

To my delight City wore BLUE today :bluescarf:

WATFORD 0 CARDIFF CITY 1 :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Cardiff City were supported by 1,100 City fans at Watford today :bluescarf:

Before todays match, Watford had suffered three successive defeats and City had not won away all season, in fact their last away win was in blue when we beat Southampton :bluescarf: you could say lucky blue :lol: :thumbright:

Within 3 minutes Marshall had to make a save and Brayford kicked one off the line, City knew they were in for a fight and if they were going to get anything from this game they would have to play like the team from two years ago. Eight minutes later Marshall was called to make a save again and suddenly against the run play City took the lead, Kenwyne Jones was brave won the header and Le Fondre was left with a tap in, City fans went wild. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Throughout the first half our defending was great and was a non stop battling performance, with Watford having most of the possession, Le Fondre and Jones both had other chances in the first half, overall it was backs to the wall for City players but it was great to see such a battling display by the City players.

Half time 0-1 :thumbright:

City fans were once again in good voice for the second half, Fabio came on for the injured Connolly in 49th minute. In the 55th Marshall was called on for a superb save and in the 60th minute Watford hit the post and as the game went on Watford had more and more possession.

In the 68th minute Pilkington with a driving shot that the keeper had to make a decent save, with Pilkinghton injuring himself, holding his hamstring and could be out for weeks. It was all Watford now and City were hanging on as the more Watford attacked us the City fans sang louder and Russell Slade name was started to be sung.

City did have a few breakaway attacks but our players were held back mostly in their own end. What City were doing though was preventing Watford from getting into the box and every chance Watford tried to create City players closed them down and the tacking was superb by City. :thumbright:

Five minutes of injury time was added on with City players and fans giving everything they had and at the final whistle the loyal City diehards were rewarded with our first away win this season and every City player acknowledging us.

Russell Slade not only came right over,he did his punch in the air and took his cap off and the sheer delight in his face made my day. I with many others stood on my seat to applaud every one of them off the pitch.

This is what I call passion on and off the pitch let's take it back to our stadium and continue it.

Man of the match was Craig Noone for me. :thumbright:
Marshall for me was also outstanding today :thumbright:

Russell Slade has to take a lot of praise for today's result :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Rotherham home next another must win and nothing less :thumbright:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY BANISH THEIR AWAY DAYS IN BLUE "

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:51 pm

I thought Slade got the tactics spot on today excellent 3 points and this is the first time that Watford fail to score at home this season and Le fondre MOTM for me. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Fair comment. ground out another today and played really well for some parts.

David Marshall MOTM for me. Saved brilliantly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I thought Slade got the tactics spot on today excellent 3 points and this is the first time that Watford fail to score at home this season and Le fondre MOTM for me. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I agree 3 excellent points and Slade got his players giving everything they've got :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Fair comment. ground out another today and played really well for some parts.

David Marshall MOTM for me. Saved brilliantly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Marshall was once again outstanding today,but for me Noone was giving everything he had and was the one player able to give our defence a rest with his fantastic runs :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY BANISH THEIR AWAY DAYS IN BLUE "

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Last time we won away against Southampton, Cala was solid in defence and earnt us that victory.
Cant believe he is being moved on tbh.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Listened to the match on the Radio Wales - the commentator had to say - "Cardiff City fans are making all the noise". City songs were all that I could hear coming through even though it sounded like City had their backs to the wall - esp. in second half.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:21 pm

leftwinger wrote:Listened to the match on the Radio Wales - the commentator had to say - "Cardiff City fans are making all the noise". City songs were all that I could hear coming through even though it sounded like City had their backs to the wall - esp. in second half.

:thumbup:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Great report, chees Annis

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Last time we won away against Southampton, Cala was solid in defence and earnt us that victory.

Cala,Guerra,Daehli,Morrison I'm still wondering why ?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:33 pm

leftwinger wrote:Listened to the match on the Radio Wales - the commentator had to say - "Cardiff City fans are making all the noise". City songs were all that I could hear coming through even though it sounded like City had their backs to the wall - esp. in second half.

OUR FANS WERE LIKE THE OLD DAYS TODAY SUPERB :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:34 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Great report, chees Annis

Thanks Mike, I really enjoyed today :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Last time we won away against Southampton, Cala was solid in defence and earnt us that victory.

maybe today answered that question annis? do you think we would have won with such attacking players in side?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sounded it. :bluescarf:

19:27 Loud and clear. :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:13 pm

BEST POST I HAVE SEEN ON HERE IN AGES !!!!! So pleased we played with fight and passion, so pleased to see Russell Slade finally getting some praise. Slade is a good bloke, hardworking and knows the game inside out. I cannot understand why so many will not give him a chance he has earned. Let's be honest he is doing his very best to take this opportunity with none of his own players, without his own pre-season. He will do well and he is already a "Bluebird" - Get Behind Him !! I think the players are buying into what he wants and so should we....Go Bluebirds!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinions

:bluescarf: THIS TODAY IS WHAT REMINDS ME WHY WE FOLLOW THE MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :bluescarf:

Cardiff City Starting XI: Marshall, Brayford, Turner, Morrison, Connolly, Pilkington, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Jones & le Fondre.

Cardiff City were supported by 1,100 City fans in Watford today :bluescarf:

Before todays match Watford,had suffered three successive defeats and City had not won away all season, in fact their last away win was in blue when we beat Southampton :bluescarf: you could say luck blue :lol: :thumbright:

Within 3 minutes Marshall had to make a save and Brayford kicked one off the line, City knew they were in for a fight and if they were going to get anything from this game they would have to play like the team from two years ago. Eight minutes later Marshall was called to make a save again and suddenly against the run play City took the lead, Kenwyne Jones was brave won the header and Le Fondre was left with a tap in, City fans went wild.

Throughout the first half our defending was great and was a non stop battling performance, with Watford having most of the possession, Le Fondre and Jones both had other chances in the first half, overall it was backs to the wall for City players but it was great to see such a battling display by the City players.

City fans were once again in good voice for second half, Fabio came on the injured Connolly in 49th minute. In the 55th Marshall was called on for a superb save and in the 60th minute Watford hit the post and as the game went on Watford had more and more possession.

In the 68th minute Pilkington with a driving shot that the keeper had to make a decent save injured himself, holding his hamstring and could be out for weeks. It was all Watford now and City were hanging on as the more Watford attacked us the City fans sang louder and Russell Slade name was started to be sung.

City did have a few breakaway attacks but our players were held back mostly in their own end. What City were doing though was preventing Watford from getting into the box and every chance Watford tried to create City players closed them down and the tackles were superb.

Five minutes of injury time was added on with City players and fans giving everything they had and at the final whistle the loyal City diehards were rewarded with our first away win this season and every City player acknowledging us.

Russell Slade not only came right over did his punch in the air and took his cap off and the sheer delight in his face made my day. I with many others stood on my seat to applaud every one of them off the pitch.

This is what I call passion on and off the pitch let's take it back to our stadium and continue it.

Russell Slade has to take a lot of praise for today's result :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Superb result, well done City, we'll always be blue ! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Well done to all who went today. Be proud that you contributed to a great (and unexpected) 3 points. Fantastic support :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

maybe today answered that question annis? do you think we would have won with such attacking players in side?

Allan, who knows? But Watford looked much more dangerous than us,we battled,gave our all and got away with murder :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sounded it. :bluescarf:

19:27 Loud and clear. :bluescarf:

Sung about 5 times today Ian :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:05 pm

whittsisking wrote:BEST POST I HAVE SEEN ON HERE IN AGES !!!!! So pleased we played with fight and passion, so pleased to see Russell Slade finally getting some praise. Slade is a good bloke, hardworking and knows the game inside out. I cannot understand why so many will not give him a chance he has earned. Let's be honest he is doing his very best to take this opportunity with none of his own players, without his own pre-season. He will do well and he is already a "Bluebird" - Get Behind Him !! I think the players are buying into what he wants and so should we....Go Bluebirds!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy tonight :thumbright: :thumbright:

Love it when our players/manager and fans are all in it together and up for it :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Ive heard some good reports on Slade, I will still wait a while to give my honest opinion :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinions

Cardiff City were supported by 1,100 City fans in Watford today :bluescarf:

Before todays match Watford,had suffered three successive defeats and City had not won away all season, in fact their last away win was in blue when we beat Southampton :bluescarf: you could say luck blue :lol: :thumbright:

Within 3 minutes Marshall had to make a save and Brayford kicked one off the line, City knew they were in for a fight and if they were going to get anything from this game they would have to play like the team from two years ago. Eight minutes later Marshall was called to make a save again and suddenly against the run play City took the lead, Kenwyne Jones was brave won the header and Le Fondre was left with a tap in, City fans went wild.

City fans were once again in good voice for second half, Fabio came on the injured Connolly in 49th minute. In the 55th Marshall was called on for a superb save and in the 60th minute Watford hit the post and as the game went on Watford had more and more possession.

In the 68th minute Pilkington with a driving shot that the keeper had to make a decent save injured himself, holding his hamstring and could be out for weeks. It was all Watford now and City were hanging on as the more Watford attacked us the City fans sang louder and Russell Slade name was started to be sung.

City did have a few breakaway attacks but our players were held back mostly in their own end. What City were doing though was preventing Watford from getting into the box and every chance Watford tried to create City players closed them down and the tackles were superb.

Russell Slade not only came right over did his punch in the air and took his cap off and the sheer delight in his face made my day. I with many others stood on my seat to applaud every one of them off the pitch.

Superb result, well done City, we'll always be blue ! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mason, Top day,Ive not said that for a long long time :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Great support today and well done to each and every one of th 1100. We will always be blue!!!!

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Great support today and well done to each and every one of th 1100. We will always be blue!!!!

Saddles, today was what watching City was all about,with superb fans in great voice for 90 minutes. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Fantastic Annis you did OUR club(not the dictators) proud.

Always Blue - Never ever red!!!!

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Fantastic Annis you did OUR club(not the dictators) proud.

Always Blue - Never ever red!!!!

Saddles, Our Fans can feel Proud Today :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

NEVER RED :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Just got back.

I think we used up a whole season's worth of luck today!

One off the line
A shot against the post.
Some great saves by Marshall.

But.................. a great 3 points!

Well one to all concerned.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:35 pm

davids wrote:Just got back.

One off the line
A shot against the post.

David,
A lot of truth in that,but I loved the battling performance and the atmosphere :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

One off the line
A shot against the post.

David,
A lot of truth in that,but I loved the battling performance and the atmosphere :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis,

It certainly was a battling performance full of character with every player contributing to the cause.

The singing seemed to be almost constant throughout the whole game as well.

And brilliant to see us playing in blue!

Such a different atmosphere from home games!

:ayatollah: :thumbup:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:55 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

One off the line
A shot against the post.

David,

Annis,

It certainly was a battling performance full of character with every player contributing to the cause.

The singing seemed to be almost constant throughout the whole game as well.

And brilliant to see us playing in blue!

Such a different atmosphere from home games!

:ayatollah: :thumbup:

SPOT ON David, TODAY I FELT PROUD AGAIN :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:28 am

I've heard the FA have taken the goal off le Fondre again? This true?