Slade Says" City are currently in Top Six Form " PLUS

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 am

Friday 28th Nov 2014

' Russell Slade Today '

" We will win away."

" Nobody has mentioned how many points we have taken since I came. "

" we are in top six form. "

Q: What about Manga?

RS: He is not available this weekend. He has a calf problem which we are dealing with, It’s not a major concern and we feel it will settle down quickly. He could back back quickly and he has had an injection.We will know in 48 hours.

Manga has been outstanding - he is very much part of our plans going forward.

Q: If there was an injury crisis would you play Cala?

RS: I can’t see where we have an injury crisis. Turner and Morrison have been playing and Manga trying to get back. That is one of our stronger areas in the team.

Q: He has said he feels Vincent Tan is behind this and not the manager,

RS: I am sure Vincent Tan has a view, but it was a management decision.

Q: Is Juan Cala disruptive?

RS: That’s not for me to comment on. Whether we ask for a fee will be an executive decision. I have made my feelings clear.

Q:Will he move on in January?

RS: That’s for Juan and his people to work on, probably in Spain.

That is what they are looking at. I believe in the summer there was some interest in him at that stage, but the football club turned that down. I have made it clear he can go as long as everything is right financially.

Re: Slade Says" City are currently in Top Six Form " PLUS

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 pm

RS must be having a laugh by saying that we are in top 6 form.

We have not won away all season.
We were abysmal against Reading.
We are not playing well.

So how can we be in top 6 form?

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:06 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:RS must be having a laugh by saying that we are in top 6 form.

We are not playing well.

He is only counting the home games. Where we can wear our lucky colour red. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:38 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:RS must be having a laugh by saying that we are in top 6 form.

We are not playing well.

Correct me if I am wrong but since slade has been officially appointed we have taken 13 points from 7 games. How we have played or if you like him or not are irrelevant, we r just short of two points per game and yes we are top 6 form, fact.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Stringfellow wrote:

We are not playing well.

Correct me if I am wrong but since slade has been officially appointed we have taken 13 points from 7 games. How we have played or if you like him or not are irrelevant, we r just short of two points per game and yes we are top 6 form, fact.

It is not a personal thing against Russell Slade but he is joking. I don't know if you were at the Reading game but based on that performance & all of the away games we played abysmal. You are not going to get near the top 6 if you do not play well. Results have run in his favour but you cannot rely on luck every game. If we had played a decent team last week instead of Reading we would have been smashed by 4/5 goals. We were dreadful. I consider a top 6 team is a team who are consistently producing good performances. We are not.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:11 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

We are not playing well.

It is not a personal thing against Russell Slade but he is joking. I don't know if you were at the Reading game but based on that performance & all of the away games we played abysmal. You are not going to get near the top 6 if you do not play well. Results have run in his favour but you cannot rely on luck every game. If we had played a decent team last week instead of Reading we would have been smashed by 4/5 goals. We were dreadful. I consider a top 6 team is a team who are consistently producing good performances. We are not.

I totally understand what you are saying, but to many ifs and buts with regards if we played a decent team, if we weren't lucky. The form guide doesn't show either or does the table, it shows the points tally. Maybe I am to positive and supportive, that's my nature and I have always backed any manager of ccfc. He's just correct in what he is saying. If were playing sides off the park, yet had massed five or six points you wouldn't be saying were promotion contenders on that form. It's all about points.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

We are not playing well.

I totally understand what you are saying, but to many ifs and buts with regards if we played a decent team, if we weren't lucky. The form guide doesn't show either or does the table, it shows the points tally. Maybe I am to positive and supportive, that's my nature and I have always backed any manager of ccfc. He's just correct in what he is saying. If were playing sides off the park, yet had massed five or six points you wouldn't be saying were promotion contenders on that form. It's all about points.

I think the problem is that since slade arrived we have played a lot of bottom half teams and we have less possession, looked as bad as them and haven't won an away match. With the football we are playing we would get smashed at home too if it was one of the top table teams. IMO.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm

LonCar wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

We are not playing well.

I think the problem is that since slade arrived we have played a lot of bottom half teams and we have less possession, looked as bad as them and haven't won an away match. With the football we are playing we would get smashed at home too if it was one of the top table teams. IMO.

Didn't we beat forest who were near top?
:laughing6:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 pm

We are not playing well.

He's talking points. And he is right

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:11 pm

If you appreciate form by looking at statistics then maybe (or probably) we ain't top 6 material.

BUT top 6 simply means having enough points to be in 6th at the end of the season.

On current form with 100% home wins, over a season of 23 matches, that's 69 points. Last year that wouldn't be enough, but it is close.

Slide doesn't have a whole season and 100% wins at home is unlikely.

HOWEVER, he's not had the job that long and the away wins will start to happen, whatever we play like. The quality is there even if we sell a dozen in January.

Is RS correct? In my opinion, YES!!!! :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Wishful thinking! Forest game showed form of a top 6 finish. If anyone think the performances after that is even close to top 6 they are setting them self up for a massive disappointment. Preformance needs to improve a lot to match those ambitions.
Picking up some scrappy points against crappy opponents doesn't come close to call it top six form.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Wishful thinking! Forest game showed form of a top 6 finish. If anyone think the performances after that is even close to top 6 they are setting them self up for a massive disappointment. Preformance needs to improve a lot to match those ambitions.
Picking up some scrappy points against crappy opponents doesn't come close to call it top six form.

Forest were on the slide at the time.

Blackpool,Millwall,Bolton & Brum away for me were awful games.

Has to be a win at Watford tomorrow :thumbright:

Good News Watford are on a poor run, 3 defeats in a row :thumbright:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Wishful thinking! Forest game showed form of a top 6 finish. If anyone think the performances after that is even close to top 6 they are setting them self up for a massive disappointment. Preformance needs to improve a lot to match those ambitions.

Im exited. Both a chance for Slade to show some tactical nouse and for us to play some good football picking up a win. But if he goes 4-4-2 again I expect a hammering. Their midfield carry some weight and pace. Fingers crossed :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

annis form in football terms is points gained over set amount of games its the only way it is measured, not performances that is point being made, unless of course people want to deride slade ?? form as never ever been measured by performances in my life time only by results :thumbup:
and picking up 13 out 21 is scrappy??? :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis form in football terms is points gained over set amount of games its the only way it is measured, not performances that is point being made, unless of course people want to deride slade ?? form as never ever been measured by performances in my life time only by results :thumbup:

This^^^ :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Good football always pick up more points in the end. We need to raise the bar if the ambition is promotion, no one can deny that :old: Starting tomorrow! Have the tools on the bench to push on second half, or lower the ambition. Simple as!.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Performance is the only way to produce consistent results Allan, in every aspect of life. If not, it's called a fluke, and will only keep you happy for a very short time :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Good football always pick up more points in the end. We need to raise the bar if the ambition is promotion, no one can deny that :old: Starting tomorrow! Have the tools on the bench to push on second half, or lower the ambition. Simple as!.

maybe so but in context of what slade said he is right it is top six form as i explained above, we all know performances can be much better but any football clubs ambition is promotion, so how do we lower ambition and what is lower ambition? relegation or mid table mediocrocy :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Good football always pick up more points in the end. We need to raise the bar if the ambition is promotion, no one can deny that :old: Starting tomorrow! Have the tools on the bench to push on second half, or lower the ambition. Simple as!.

Define "good".

My definition is, as the rule book measures the best team on any given day: the score.

"Great" teams get demoted. Are they great then? Maybe not.

The nature of football makes scores unpredictable. That is why we watch it. That is why lesser clubs have good cup runs.

Variables: Playing surface, injuries, deflections, own goals, referee's decisions, weather, etc., etc.

It doesn't matter how many goals you score, as long as you score enough to equal or better your opponents. "Form" is irrelevant.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

maybe so but in context of what slade said he is right it is top six form as i explained above, we all know performances can be much better but any football clubs ambition is promotion, so how do we lower ambition and what is lower ambition? relegation or mid table mediocrocy :thumbup:

With our squad and wage bill the only ambitition sustainable is promotion. That's a fact! Over to opinion, we are capable of beating every team in this league, but we need to raise the bar and start to play football. I'm praying for Slade to pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow against what is probably a 3-5-2 with a proper midfield. Cmon City :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Performance is the only way to produce consistent results Allan, in every aspect of life. If not, it's called a fluke, and will only keep you happy for a very short time :thumbup:[/quote

not arguing about performances they are irrelevant in what is being discussed! point is about currant form and slade is right as i explained? :thumbup: oh as you mentioned it, why should we lower ambition and what is lower ambition? mid table mediocracy or relegation i always thought any football clubs ambition is promotion!! :thumbup:
anyway only opinions at end day! :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

Define "good".

My definition is, as the rule book measures the best team on any given day: the score.

The nature of football makes scores unpredictable. That is why we watch it. That is why lesser clubs have good cup runs.

Variables: Playing surface, injuries, deflections, own goals, referee's decisions, weather, etc., etc.

It doesn't matter how many goals you score, as long as you score enough to equal or better your opponents. "Form" is irrelevant.

We see football very different then. The cup is the cup, it another nature. It's no coincident mostly the same teams make up the top five teams in almost every league in the world. The championship is thougher and more open than most. It not called the sack race for nothing. But we certainly need to play closer to what we are capable of and raise our game. No doubt about that.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

Define "good".

We see football very different then. The cup is the cup, it another nature. It's no coincident mostly the same teams make up the top five teams in almost every league in the world. The championship is thougher and more open than most. It not called the sack race for nothing. But we certainly need to play closer to what we are capable of and raise our game. No doubt about that.

yes agree about playing closer to our capabilities but early days yet and time will tell if we are good enough or slade is! :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Performance is the only way to produce consistent results Allan, in every aspect of life. If not, it's called a fluke, and will only keep you happy for a very short time :thumbup:[/quote

not arguing about performances they are irrelevant in what is being discussed! point is about currant form and slade is right as i explained? :thumbup: oh as you mentioned it, why should we lower ambition and what is lower ambition? mid table mediocracy or relegation i always thought any football clubs ambition is promotion!! :thumbup:

We don't have a choice do we? We don't have a three year plan, or any sustainable escape route. We either push now, or we have to sell our best players and start again. It's the nature of the beast. Being happy with preformances of late is not good enough. Simple as :thumbup: God forbid we end up Leeds :o

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We don't have a choice do we? We don't have a three year plan, or any sustainable escape route. We either push now, or we have to sell our best players and start again. It's the nature of the beast. Being happy with preformances of late is not good enough. Simple as :thumbup: God forbid we end up Leeds :o

dont think anyone happy with performances but generally happy with points obtained, ok away performances crap but hopefully will start to improve tomorrow! :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

dont think anyone happy with performances but generally happy with points obtained, ok away performances crap but hopefully will start to improve tomorrow! :thumbup:

Absolutely Allan. A win would be great, a point ok, and we have to say we tried if we loose. It's all about building :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely Allan. A win would be great, a point ok, and we have to say we tried if we loose. It's all about building :ayatollah:

yes settle for a point as realistically its a tuff game despite watfords poor run! :old:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

Define "good".

The point about the top leagues and the top 5 teams being stable is a red herring. The top clubs have huge resources and can buy their way out of trouble to a large extent.

The reason Championship is a sack race is because resources are limited and so luck plays a bigger part. One of two decisions in your favour, the odd own goal or fluke deflection can turn seasons around.

Some fans need to appreciate every positive result. If Cardiff beat Watford tomorrow, I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. The result is everything and if you see it differently, then that's up to you but points win championships, not analyses.

:thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Define "good".

The point about the top leagues and the top 5 teams being stable is a red herring. The top clubs have huge resources and can buy their way out of trouble to a large extent.

The reason Championship is a sack race is because resources are limited and so luck plays a bigger part. One of two decisions in your favour, the odd own goal or fluke deflection can turn seasons around.

Some fans need to appreciate every positive result. If Cardiff beat Watford tomorrow, I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. The result is everything and if you see it differently, then that's up to you but points win championships, not analyses.

We are a top club with big resources in championship standard, thats not debatable. Looking for points achieved or points to achieve, either way you have to beat the teams competing for the top 6. We have beaten Forest. There is no going around our tactics, performance or team selections. They have to improve. Thats if the ambition is promotion, but im not so sure it is anymore..

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Define "good".

We are a top club with big resources in championship standard, thats not debatable. Looking for points achieved or points to achieve, either way you have to beat the teams competing for the top 6. We have beaten Forest. There is no going around our tactics, performance or team selections. They have to improve. Thats if the ambition is promotion, but im not so sure it is anymore..

Again, define top club and big resources. I'm not saying we don't need to improve. We need away wins but RS is referring to very recent form and you have to do that by counting points. In that sense he is right.

The win against Reading was fortunate to say the least, but move on. Allow the manager to work behind the scenes ans as Annis says, give any new manager at least 12 games before standing in judgement. That's all I'm saying too.

Get behind the team and support. Be the 12th man...... If the team is below par, the support is abysmal so maybe we all need to take a look opinion the mirror. :bluescarf: