Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fabio

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:26 am

3 years ago he was playing in the champions league final for Manchester United against Barcelona competing against the likes of Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.

Now, he's playing Hungry Hungry Hippos against Anthony Pilkington at Toys R Us :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fabio

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:44 am

Maybe he is marking one of them. That would be a first.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:25 am

RyanW_CCFC wrote:3 years ago he was playing in the champions league final for Manchester United against Barcelona competing against the likes of Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.

Now, he's playing Hungry Hungry Hippos against Anthony Pilkington at Toys R Us :thumbup:

:lol: leave Fabio alone! I'm gutted he is'nt in the team at the moment, but also respect the decision to play Connelly and Brayford

I hope his wage doesn't interfere with getting in the team, with all the cost-cutting going on it would be a shame to see Fabio frozen out

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Agreed - Fabio brings something else to the party. Worth keeping. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:08 pm

ThomasC wrote:
RyanW_CCFC wrote:3 years ago he was playing in the champions league final for Manchester United against Barcelona competing against the likes of Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.

:lol: leave Fabio alone! I'm gutted he is'nt in the team at the moment, but also respect the decision to play Connelly and Brayford

I hope his wage doesn't interfere with getting in the team, with all the cost-cutting going on it would be a shame to see Fabio frozen out

I like fabio and he has a great attitude and a bite which we are sadly missing! He's def got the man utd way under fergie, you score 2 and I will let you have chances but we will score more! Sadly the strikers don't keep their side of the bargain! And we actually had a new song!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:47 pm

One of the most inspirational players in the league and massively underrated!!

He deserves to be playing for a better team!!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Should be playing.. Had more man of match displays than off par performances.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Don't rate him at all, if his name was Nigel Williams and was signed from Telford then the feeling would be soooo different.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:17 pm

TheRow wrote:Don't rate him at all, if his name was Nigel Williams and was signed from Telford then the feeling would be soooo different.

:?:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:19 pm

TheRow wrote:Don't rate him at all, if his name was Nigel Williams and was signed from Telford then the feeling would be soooo different.

Why? He is the most energetic and spirited player we have. I would think there is value in that being the slow motion walk along team that we are. Up the ante and look to Fabio for spirit :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 pm

He is simply not a very good footballer. He's got lots of energy yes, ill give him that. But he has rightly been dropped down the pecking order and its only the fact that he is ex Man United, Brazilian with a name like Fabio that has got people thinking (wishing) he was better than what he actually is. Give me a Brayford every day of the week.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 pm

TheRow wrote:He is simply not a very good footballer. He's got lots of energy yes, ill give him that. But he has rightly been dropped down the pecking order and its only the fact that he is ex Man United, Brazilian with a name like Fabio that has got people thinking (wishing) he was better than what he actually is. Give me a Brayford every day of the week.

Strongly disagree. But Brayford and Fabio are not competitors, he is playing a center half instead, and putting a right back on the left. He will be sold in January anyway, so you will end up the happy one :laughing6:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
TheRow wrote:He is simply not a very good footballer. He's got lots of energy yes, ill give him that. But he has rightly been dropped down the pecking order and its only the fact that he is ex Man United, Brazilian with a name like Fabio that has got people thinking (wishing) he was better than what he actually is. Give me a Brayford every day of the week.

Strongly disagree. But Brayford and Fabio are not competitors, he is playing a center half instead, and putting a right back on the left. He will be sold in January anyway, so you will end up the happy one :laughing6:

Brayford is a full back through and through and could be a big player for us. Fabio just doesn't have the natural ability.

I don't think he will be sold in Jan though, for the simple fact who would buy him and take on his wages?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:00 am

TheRow wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

Brayford is a full back through and through and could be a big player for us. Fabio just doesn't have the natural ability.

I don't think he will be sold in Jan though, for the simple fact who would buy him and take on his wages?

Probably most teams in Europe who have figured out the modern way to utilise attacking fullbacks. And what do we know about his wages being a free signing? Ill bet he will even pay his own transfer to get out of here come january..

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 am

Thats the point, free transfers can command more wages. I bet you he is on at least 20k a week. Who the hell is gonna pay 20k a week for a full back in this league, especially one as limited as our fella. He is going to have to go on a free with us subsidising his wage id guess.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:23 am

Sir, you are clueless.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:17 am

Best left back we have, easily.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:02 am

The fact that some of our fans rave about Fabio is a big problem for me. The guy isnt that good.
He has alot of energy yes and seems to try hard but would you put your trust in him as a manager - NO CHANCE !!
The guy is loose on the pitch and i feel could cost us in a vital game this season.

On the flip side he probably is our best left beck which basically means that side of the pitch is a big problem for us.
We need a proper natural left back in January.

SORT IT OUT SLADE !!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: