Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MIKE HALL WARNS TAN TO KEEP QUIET '

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Thursday 27th November 2014

' MIKE Hall warns Tan to keep quiet '

Former Cardiff director Mike Hall has warned Vincent Tan not to get involved in the Dave Whelan affair for the sake of the Championship club.

Wigan chairman Whelan was charged by the Football Association for remarks about Chinese and Jewish people when responding to criticism of the club's decision to appoint Malky Mackay as their new manager.

Mackay's arrival as Wigan manager caused controversy as the Scot is currently the subject of an FA investigation into reportedly sending racist and anti-Semitic texts while he was in charge of Cardiff.

Malaysian businessman Tan sacked Mackay last December and branded Whelan "a racist" following remarks attributed to the 78-year-old in The Guardian.

But Hall, the former Wales rugby player who was on the Cardiff board when Tan first became involved in the Welsh club, wants the the Bluebirds owner to let the FA deal with Whelan without further interference.

"From my point of view, he should let that go now," said Hall. "The FA should obviously be allowed to adjudicate on what they think but Cardiff City should focus on the future.

"Malky's gone now, it's history, and the focus should be on getting into that top six (of the Championship) initially and hopefully the Premier League.

"If I was advising him (Tan) I'd say let it go now, otherwise it's going to look vindictive, spiteful and as if he's got another agenda.

"I think we want him to be the leader of Cardiff City, not worrying about skirmishes with other clubs and other personalities. He's got what he wants there now with his own manager in Russell Slade and if it was me I'd be focusing on that."

Tan has spoken about the possibility of buying another club in English football, raising fears among some Cardiff fans that he could withdraw his financial support and call in his substantial loans to the mid-table Championship club.

But, Hall says the Cardiff owner deserves more respect for everything he has done for the Welsh club in recent years.

He added: "Vincent's wealth got us into the Premier League but sadly things fell away and we were relegated.

"I don't think Tan Sri - as he should be called - gets enough respect and he's been ridiculed in the press, but Cardiff City has an owner which has huge wealth and that's important in football these days.

"I just wonder about the direction of the club because perhaps they could do with a few more people there who know about football and would spend the money more wisely."

Re: ' HALL WARNS TAN TO KEEP QUIET '

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Raising fears amongst some Cardiff City fans ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Which ones would those be then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: ' HALL WARNS TAN TO KEEP QUIET '

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:19 pm

He can call in his loans....where does he think the money is going to come from?

Re: ' MIKE HALL WARNS TAN TO KEEP QUIET '

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:02 am

So a quote/opinion from mike hall now becomes a sticky on here, i remember when he was a director at the club to a man everybody was slagging him for being an egg chaser who was only here to take what he could from the us, and when he left it was "good ridden" etc, of course because he has stated something negative about tan it now suites the majority on here who have a certain agenda with the owner.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 am

Whats it to do with Eggy Hall

Keep his cherry out :shock:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 am

Although he is an egg chaser he talks far more sense than the majority of so called fans on this forum.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 am

He probably talks to himself, agreeing with everything he says naturally....
Why don't you buy the jacks vinnie? They won't mind the red I'm sure.... :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:06 am

cityone wrote:So a quote/opinion from mike hall now becomes a sticky on here, i remember when he was a director at the club to a man everybody was slagging him for being an egg chaser who was only here to take what he could from the us, and when he left it was "good ridden" etc, of course because he has stated something negative about tan it now suites the majority on here who have a certain agenda with the owner.

All news (good, bad or indifferent) is put up here, if it is of interest to Cardiff City FC supporters :thumbup:

Mason obviously saw this and wanted others to see it and, whilst I didn't make it a "Sticky" I actually agree that it deserves to be one

Mike Hall is (rightly or wrongly) often vilified by City supporters, but in this particular article I think he is talking sense when he suggests Vincent Tan should now take a backseat on the Dave Whelan issue

He (Tan) has nothing more to gain and (in all reality) a lot to lose, even in comparison to where he is right now!

Perhaps someone can explain why Hall is wrong in his comment, because I can't see it! :thumbup:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:29 am

Sven wrote:
cityone wrote:So a quote/opinion from mike hall now becomes a sticky on here, i remember when he was a director at the club to a man everybody was slagging him for being an egg chaser who was only here to take what he could from the us, and when he left it was "good ridden" etc, of course because he has stated something negative about tan it now suites the majority on here who have a certain agenda with the owner.

All news (good, bad or indifferent) is put up here, if it is of interest to Cardiff City FC supporters :thumbup:

Mason obviously saw this and wanted others to see it and, whilst I didn't make it a "Sticky" I actually agree that it deserves to be one

Mike Hall is (rightly or wrongly) often vilified by City supporters, but in this particular article I think he is talking sense when he suggests Vincent Tan should now take a backseat on the Dave Whelan issue

He (Tan) has nothing more to gain and (in all reality) a lot to lose, even in comparison to where he is right now!

Perhaps someone can explain why Hall is wrong in his comment, because I can't see it! :thumbup:

Spot on Chris, Good or bad all news stories regarding City are made stickies :thumbright: Weve been doing this for over 5 years and dont intend to change :thumbright:

And by the way, I am not a fan of Mike Halls.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Spot on Chris, Good or bad all news stories regarding City are made stickies :thumbright: Weve been doing this for over 5 years and dont intend to change :thumbright:

Absolutely, Annis! :thumbup:

I'm no fan of Hall's either and his 'taking advantage' of our club will go down in history, but occasionally even someone like him can be right...and on this occasion, I believe he is when he says Tan should shut the f*** up! LOL :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Absolutely, Annis! :thumbup:

I'm no fan of Hall's either and his 'taking advantage' of our club will go down in history, but occasionally even someone like him can be right...and on this occasion, I believe he is when he says Tan should shut the f*** up! LOL :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: