Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are The Club Trying To Lose Season Ticket Holders?

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 am

There have been a few articles on the forum recently regarding Cardiff doing ticket deals on Amazon and it was thought to be just for a few games.

Another has come out this morning for tickets to the family stand for every game this season. 1 Adult & 1 child under 16 for £23.
It is great to have promotions like this but if they are to be for every game what incentive is there for loyal fans to renew their season tickets?

It looks as if the club has forgotten how to look after their ST hokders but instead reward non ST ticket holders for EVERY game. Yes, I am sure the club want to increase crowds but what about your loyal supporters who have committed to the season?

Re: Are The Club Trying To Lose Season Ticket Holders?

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:20 am

It leaves a sour taste in my mouth every time I see those cheap deals advertised as we are watching the game.

My season ticket works out to well over 30 quid a game, which is expensive for alot of premier league teams. :evil:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

Typical of a lot of businesses, offer incentives to attract new customers but seem to forget about their loyal ones who have been with them for a long time. Banks & Building Societies seem to be the worse, but this comes across as a kick in the teeth to season ticket holders.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:25 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There have been a few articles on the forum recently regarding Cardiff doing ticket deals on Amazon and it was thought to be just for a few games.

Another has come out this morning for tickets to the family stand for every game this season. 1 Adult & 1 child under 16 for £23.
It is great to have promotions like this but if they are to be for every game what incentive is there for loyal fans to renew their season tickets?

It looks as if the club has forgotten how to look after their ST hokders but instead reward non ST ticket holders for EVERY game. Yes, I am sure the club want to increase crowds but what about your loyal supporters who have committed to the season?

It's about getting the balance right and it shouldn't be just about money as am sure offloading one player would compensate this. I would rather they did this for a few games and did kids for a quid for a few games.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There have been a few articles on the forum recently regarding Cardiff doing ticket deals on Amazon and it was thought to be just for a few games.

It's about getting the balance right and it shouldn't be just about money as am sure offloading one player would compensate this. I would rather they did this for a few games and did kids for a quid for a few games.

I agree, they could do promotions for this for a few games throughout the season to encourage possible new supporters to come to games. However, when they have already offered deals like this for 2/3 games already this season and are now offering the deals for the remainder of the season I see it as a bit of a kick in the teeth for fellow ST holders.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I agree, they could do promotions for this for a few games throughout the season to encourage possible new supporters to come to games. However, when they have already offered deals like this for 2/3 games already this season and are now offering the deals for the remainder of the season I see it as a bit of a kick in the teeth for fellow ST holders.
agree , it does annoy me a bit as I don't like missing games but it was a struggle for me to get the money together at time of renewal but I did it under the impression I would save in the long run doing it that way , but doing this offer for the whole season is kick in the teeth as I probably would of spent the same or less doing it the offer way instead