Vincent Tan Quotes

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan Quotes

Postby ThomasC » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:33 am

In Asia, red is the colour of joy; red is the colour of festivities and of celebration. In Chinese culture, blue is the colour of mourning.

Comment: Er, you invested in a club with a long standing tradition of wearing blue :? Enjoy the party while it lasts.

You look at Man United and Liverpool, and they are red - they are much more successful and have a bigger fan base than Chelsea or Manchester City.

Comment: :? Chelsea are a BLUE club and officially the 2nd best supported PL team worldwide :thumbright: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20974695

Every business I don't know, if I spend enough time - a couple of months - I will know a lot. I know quite a lot about football now. I know the value of players, and we won't do stupid things.

Comment: Scott Young Assistant Manager, no other comment(s) needed for rebuff al :P
ThomasC

Vincent Tan Quotes

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Vincent Tan Quotes

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:35 am

Not sure if Tan is the Ringleader or the Clown mate, but his circus rolls on!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:40 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Not sure if Tan is the Ringleader or the Clown mate, but his circus rolls on!

It certainly does and until he leaves there will never be a good feeling amongst many City fans and the passion will only return once we are BLUE again :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ThomasC » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Not sure if Tan is the Ringleader or the Clown mate, but his circus rolls on!

It certainly does and until he leaves there will never be a good feeling amongst many City fans and the passion will only return once we are BLUE again :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Agree Annis, a divided club can only come together after his departure and a return to BLUE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: He must know that himself too, VT is so single-minded it works in other aspects of business but not in football.

Alienation of the fan-base it is almost impossible to recover from that whatever he does. As said so himself, he made all his mistakes with us, and believes he's learnt the lessons. He tries to copy Swansea's structure as hinted by himself he will fail with that too. Just hasn't got a clue about football to be able to do that.

I'm sure Swansea scouts, management and Chief Exec are in constant contact. Tan would never allow for this type of 'interference' my opinion of course, sorry to big up Swansea! haha :lol: :lol:
ThomasC

Postby Stringfellow » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Looking back we shouldn't have just threatened a riot but actually carried it out. Like one US journalist said, it's like turning the Boston celtics red " can you imagine the riots in the city of Boston " he can still rectify a lot of things but sadly he is not that type of person and it will never happen under his dictatorship.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby ccfcsince62 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 pm

ThomasC wrote:In Asia, red is the colour of joy; red is the colour of festivities and of celebration. In Chinese culture, blue is the colour of mourning.

BLUE IS ALSO THE CORPORATE COLOUR OF BERJAYA GROUP (NO METION OF THE COLOUR OF MOURNING ON ITS WEBSITE, BUT ONLY OF "SUCCESS"). ALSO , MORE CHINESE LEAGUE TEAMS CHOOSE BLUE AS THEIR HOME COLOURS THAN CHOOSE RED SO IT CAN`T BE THAT "UNLUCKY" IN THEIR EYES.

Comment: Er, you invested in a club with a long standing tradition of wearing blue :? Enjoy the party while it lasts.

You look at Man United and Liverpool, and they are red - they are much more successful and have a bigger fan base than Chelsea or Manchester City.

THEY ARE WIDELY FOLLOWED THROUGHOUT THE FAR EAST BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OVER DECADES (LIVERPOOL`S SUPPORT IS MAINLY FROM AN OLDER GENERATION AND HAS WANED CONSIDERABLY AS THEY HAVE BEEN LESS SUCCESSFUL IN LATTER YEARS). CHELSEA`S POPULARITY WILL GROW IF AND WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO WIN THINGS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. THE CHINESE WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH SUCCESS IN SPORT AND OTHER FIELDS , FAR MORE SO THAN BEING ASSOCIATED WITH JUST A COLOUR.

Comment: :? Chelsea are a BLUE club and officially the 2nd best supported PL team worldwide :thumbright: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20974695

Every business I don't know, if I spend enough time - a couple of months - I will know a lot. I know quite a lot about football now. I know the value of players, and we won't do stupid things.

VINCENT TAN STILL KNOWS VERY LITTLE ABOUT FOOTBALL (GLEANING INFORMATION FROM ONE OF YOUR SONS` COMPUTER SIMULATION GAMES DOES NOT COUNT AS "KNOWLEDGE" IN REAL TERMS - E.G TO KNOW THE "VALUE" OF PLAYERS).UNFORTUNATELY , THOSE HE HAS PUT IN PLACE AT CEO LEVEL HAVE HAD EVEN LESS KNOWLEDGE.

Comment: Scott Young Assistant Manager, no other comment(s) needed for rebuff al :P

Some additional comments inserted in capitals above.
ccfcsince62

Postby ThomasC » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:31 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:In Asia, red is the colour of joy; red is the colour of festivities and of celebration. In Chinese culture, blue is the colour of mourning.

BLUE IS ALSO THE CORPORATE COLOUR OF BERJAYA GROUP (NO METION OF THE COLOUR OF MOURNING ON ITS WEBSITE, BUT ONLY OF "SUCCESS"). ALSO , MORE CHINESE LEAGUE TEAMS CHOOSE BLUE AS THEIR HOME COLOURS THAN CHOOSE RED SO IT CAN`T BE THAT "UNLUCKY" IN THEIR EYES.

THEY ARE WIDELY FOLLOWED THROUGHOUT THE FAR EAST BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OVER DECADES (LIVERPOOL`S SUPPORT IS MAINLY FROM AN OLDER GENERATION AND HAS WANED CONSIDERABLY AS THEY HAVE BEEN LESS SUCCESSFUL IN LATTER YEARS). CHELSEA`S POPULARITY WILL GROW IF AND WHEN THEY CONTINUE TO WIN THINGS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. THE CHINESE WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH SUCCESS IN SPORT AND OTHER FIELDS , FAR MORE SO THAN BEING ASSOCIATED WITH JUST A COLOUR.

VINCENT TAN STILL KNOWS VERY LITTLE ABOUT FOOTBALL (GLEANING INFORMATION FROM ONE OF YOUR SONS` COMPUTER SIMULATION GAMES DOES NOT COUNT AS "KNOWLEDGE" IN REAL TERMS - E.G TO KNOW THE "VALUE" OF PLAYERS).UNFORTUNATELY , THOSE HE HAS PUT IN PLACE AT CEO LEVEL HAVE HAD EVEN LESS KNOWLEDGE.

My in-laws from South America all want Chelsea gear, some Man Utd.. The quote about Red clubs being more popular primarily for just being red is utter nonsense :thumbup:

I don't know if the idea to sell the club on to Peter Lim was what Tan was thinking when rebranding us. It is well known Peter Lim loves Man Utd. Now that he has bought Valencia he won't be changing Valencia's famous white strip any time soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby RYANBLUE » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:55 pm

may be a circus - but the real clowns are the ones keeping on every fkin message week in week out
RYANBLUE

Postby PhilStantShoot2Kill » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

By the way, please see the Malaysia national kits
Attachments
15832743212_c3cb5de01b_b (1).jpg
15832743212_c3cb5de01b_b (1).jpg (77.16 KiB) Viewed 378 times
PhilStantShoot2Kill

Return to General Chat