Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So is Vinny tw*t running the Club down ?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:31 pm

As Annis said our Vinny wants to recoup the money he is loosing each Month. Annis also said if offers for Marshall, Whitts, Noone, ETC come in he is willing to sell. Perhaps that's why he has given Noone an extended contract Hmmmm.
I think the penny has finally dropped to Tan we ain't going up this season as we ain't good enough despite the fantastic Managerial skills of our Vinny.
And to be honest the Club is in such a mess I can't see anyone else touching it with a bargepole. Does anyone get the feeling this is what he is doing ? But also if true would the fans except us tumbling several leagues before we could bounce back ?
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: So is Vinny tw*t running the Club down ?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Got no idea what he is doing or planning.

I'm told he wants out and his best option is to get us back in the premier. Well he certainly is not showing the incentive to get us back there. In fact the opposite.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Got no idea what he is doing or planning.

I'm told he wants out and his best option is to get us back in the premier. Well he certainly is not showing the incentive to get us back there. In fact the opposite.

There's no doubt the club is more profitable to sell as a mid-table PL Club, that's why everyone's still shocked Pulis was overlooked

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 pm

ThomasC wrote:

There's no doubt the club is more profitable to sell as a mid-table PL Club, that's why everyone's still shocked Pulis was overlooked

Because Pullis would not of been manipulated the way Tan does with Slade.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Because Pullis would not of been manipulated the way Tan does with Slade.

He could sell us tomorrow if the price was right. Reduce the wage bill and bring the price down is the right way to getting the price right.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Cardiff City, ever the roller coaster.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Who the hell would want to buy a mid table championship club with 3 teams of first teamers ?

What he is doing is making sense. He needs to get the monthly P&L sheet on an even keel.

Selling the surplus makes sense and hopefully gets him one step to the exit

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Who the hell would want to buy a mid table championship club with 3 teams of first teamers ?

What he is doing is making sense. He needs to get the monthly P&L sheet on an even keel.

Watford, Leeds :laughing6:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Who the hell would want to buy a mid table championship club with 3 teams of first teamers ?

Tan has now owned and controlled our club for nearly 5 years, 6 CEOS/4 Managers,debt risen from £30 mill to £170mill,divided club,no identity,back where we were and 5yrs later Tan now decides to run the club professionally :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tan has now owned and controlled our club for nearly 5 years, 6 CEOS/4 Managers,debt risen from £30 mill to £170mill,divided club,no identity,back where we were and 5yrs later Tan now decides to run the club professionally :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Better late than never i guess. :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Just for a question is VT wanting out based on facts or assumptions?

I have seen plenty of these posts from Annis and Carl so many times and nothing has really came out massively regarding this and it still goes on. Not having a go here but I know he can't do nothing with us in the Championship.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Just for a question is VT wanting out based on facts or assumptions?

I have seen plenty of these posts from Annis and Carl so many times and nothing has really came out massively regarding this and it still goes on. Not having a go here but I know he can't do nothing with us in the Championship.

Dando, I promise you Tan wants out ASAP, but he cant he is trapped.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Just for a question is VT wanting out based on facts or assumptions?

The day he does leave will be madness, all the attention will be on us. :shock:

When he does leave I don't think it will be all happy and dancing as we will still need a lot of things to sort out with the new owner.

Just hope the next buyer of this club doesn't buy into Tan's nonsense he done with us.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly don't think he is capable of running a bath successfully. I am just bewildered how this guy has made any money whatsoever if this is how he runs business's. The talk that he is now cost cutting to control spending - HE or one of his puppets has sanctioned this spending, so ultimately he is to blame.

Or does he seriously expect us to believe he wasn't aware of what was going on in his business and malky was running around with a cheque book in his arse pocket? Either way, he is responsible. Either guilty of bad management or guilty of being stupid. Personally, I think he is guilty of both.

Take our football club and our feelings for it out of this for one moment and looking at this purely from a business point of view, if you owned a small shop on a local high street, would you:
# spend or allow uncontrolled spending on stock (players) at prices higher than required
# alienate your loyal customers that turn up every week by removing their ties and loyalty to your brand
# focus your efforts on impressing people 1000's of miles away that will never ever become customers of your business instead of targeting your marketing efforts locally to you consumer base
# taunt the customers after you have done that.
# run up huge debts that will likely strangle the business long term - just with less customer's to pay back the debt
# take a high sale product, and stop selling it
# make decisions on an industry you do not understand in the slightest.
# change your shop manager every couple of months, appoint a new one but give them no powers.
# spend all your time embarrassing your business name by chasing after someone that now works for a different shop at the other end of the country
# constantly provide an unpleasant consumer experience
# then ultimately blame everybody else for the failings of your business

How successful do you think this shop would be? Yep, thought so.

I'm not Richard Branson, but I am intelligent enough to understand the above is pretty much business suicide. And all the above are applicable to Cardiff city FC.

Some smart arse will not doubt reply by saying, football is different to business blah blah blah, and yes it is, but surely business logic should apply the same as any other brand.

People will say that he saved the club when he arrived with us in 40m debt and unable to pay, and yes maybe he did. We are now if 4 times that level of debt, but once again in exactly the same position that we can't pay ourselves out of. Oh yea, and our loyal customers we had 5 years ago are vanishing at an alarming rate.

Tan supporters \ defenders - the men in white coats are closing in on you!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:21 pm

PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly don't think he is capable of running a bath successfully. I am just bewildered how this guy has made any money whatsoever if this is how he runs business's. The talk that he is now cost cutting to control spending - HE or one of his puppets has sanctioned this spending, so ultimately he is to blame.

Or does he seriously expect us to believe he wasn't aware of what was going on in his business and malky was running around with a cheque book in his arse pocket? Either way, he is responsible. Either guilty of bad management or guilty of being stupid. Personally, I think he is guilty of both.

Take our football club and our feelings for it out of this for one moment and looking at this purely from a business point of view, if you owned a small shop on a local high street, would you:
# spend or allow uncontrolled spending on stock (players) at prices higher than required
# alienate your loyal customers that turn up every week by removing their ties and loyalty to your brand
# focus your efforts on impressing people 1000's of miles away that will never ever become customers of your business instead of targeting your marketing efforts locally to you consumer base
# run up huge debts that will likely strangle the business long term - just with less customer's to pay back the debt
# change your shop manager every couple of months, appoint a new one but give them no powers.
# spend all your time embarrassing your business name by chasing after someone that now works for a different shop at the other end of the country

I'm not Richard Branson, but I am intelligent enough to understand the above is pretty much business suicide. And all the above are applicable to Cardiff city FC.

Some smart arse will not doubt reply by saying, football is different to business blah blah blah, and yes it is, but surely business logic should apply the same as any other brand.

People will say that he saved the club when he arrived with us in 40m debt and unable to pay, and yes maybe he did. We are now if 4 times that level of debt, but once again in exactly the same position that we can't pay ourselves out of. Oh yea, and our loyal customers we had 5 years ago are vanishing at an alarming rate.

Bet tan is laughing is arse off reading this! :thumbup:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 am

Tan has said himself he would sell the club , at the right price, offloading players makes sense, there are far too many in squad, a lot of them on Premiership wages, anyone who runs a business would know that if sales drop, cutbacks are needed, that is what Tan is doing. However, it makes better headlines to say he is running us into the ground.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Trapped is stretching it :lol: VT has said in almost every interview that he believes that he can make Cardiff a profitable club, even if it takes 20 years. So I think that in his own mind he truly believes that he will eventually make a profit on his investment one way or another. I agree that if he could get his money back he would sell tomorrow and move on to another project, but that ain't going to happen, so he will keep going. My own opinion is that, if he carries on as he has, he will never get anywhere near his investment back. As he has created a divided and unstable club, which will never give you success in football :thumbup:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 am

pembroke allan wrote:
PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bet tan is laughing is arse off reading this! :thumbup:

He might be & he can afford to but it doesn't take away from the fact that these points made are true.
Tan has fucked up our club which is plain to see even for all his arse lickers on here.

Good post philstant.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Bang on the money

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

You can laugh but it's true, he has now served his apprenteship and sadly the mistakes have been made on us and is now looking to run it correctly.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Tan will clearly be hoping that Slade can pull off an unlikely promotion but unless his red dragons are pushing for the top by the start of 2015, I think he'll really begin to 'downsize' the club. Indeed, I think the appointment of Russell Slade - a man on a (reputed) small salary and used to working with no money - is an indicator of his future strategy. Let's also not forget that Dalman has already told fans groups that failure to go up this season will lead to "severe financial difficulties."

As others have suggested, I also expect Tan to start asset stripping the club over the next few years, whilst pocketing the £60m staggered PL TV payments. This money at least gives the guarantee that City won't enter administration for the next few years as the PL withhold the TV monies from clubs in CVAs.

So, yes, the signs are that Tan will squeeze the life out of the club with the aim of recouping as much of his money as possible. With players sales and TV money he may well get a fair chunk back. What sort of club will be left by the time he's finished with it is anybody's guess.

To think people were suckered in by the 'red or dead' propaganda... More like red and dead. The likes of Borley and some high profile fans who spread that lie will have a lot to answer for.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:Tan will clearly be hoping that Slade can pull off an unlikely promotion but unless his red dragons are pushing for the top by the start of 2015, I think he'll really begin to 'downsize' the club. Indeed, I think the appointment of Russell Slade - a man on a (reputed) small salary and used to working with no money - is an indicator of his future strategy. Let's also not forget that Dalman has already told fans groups that failure to go up this season will lead to "severe financial difficulties."

As others have suggested, I also expect Tan to start asset stripping the club over the next few years, whilst pocketing the £60m staggered PL TV payments. This money at least gives the guarantee that City won't enter administration for the next few years as the PL withhold the TV monies from clubs in CVAs.

So, yes, the signs are that Tan will squeeze the life out of the club with the aim of recouping as much of his money as possible. With players sales and TV money he may well get a fair chunk back. What sort of club will be left by the time he's finished with it is anybody's guess.

To think people were suckered in by the 'red or dead' propaganda... More like red and dead. The likes of Borley and some high profile fans who spread that lie will have a lot to answer for.

Good post and my opinion is your probably not far away from what will happen.