CITY STAR IN TALKS OVER JANUARY EXIT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Walesonline

Wednesday November 26th 2014

image.jpg
image.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 3775 times

Exiled Cardiff City star Juan Cala negotiating Bluebirds exit amid claims club told him not to leave in summer

Juan Cala wants his Cardiff City nightmare to end.

Will Juan Cala's Cardiff City nightmare end in January?

Cardiff City outcast Juan Cala is ready to quit the club after revealing he was told to turn down an offer to leave in August.

Centre-back Cala hit out on Twitter this week, accusing the Bluebirds of a lack of respect after revealing he has been forced to train with youngsters in the Academy.

He added on social media he wanted the “situation to be sorted” to play again at Cardiff City Stadium or at another club as quickly as possible.

I'm back to the Academy? hahahaha incredible, respect please — Juan Torres Ruiz (@JuanCala_4) November 25, 2014

And in an interview given in his Spanish homeland, the 25-year-old has conceded he hopes for the chance of a move away having been persuaded to snub a summer exit to help with the club’s promotion bid.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing Cala has figured just once in the Championship, with new Bluebirds boss Russell Slade placing Sean Morrison, Ben Turner and Bruno Managa above the former Sevilla man in his defensive pecking order.

He has not worn the Bluebirds shirt since the disastrous 3-0 Capital One Cup defeat against Bournemouth on September 23.

And it is reported in the interview – given before his Twitter outburst – he is already negotiating the end of his Cardiff contract less than a year after arriving in South Wales, claiming players brought in by Solskjaer are not part of the future plans.

Cala said: “I’ve had a good experience in Cardiff. I’ve joined a new league and we started pretty well but the team’s situation was complicated and we failed to overcome it.

“In August I had the opportunity to go to Primera (La Liga) teams. I had offers to leave but Cardiff told me to stay to try to get the team back to the Premier. I stayed with the condition the club would fight to climb back.

“But after a month and a half the coach left and another comes in and the players who were signed by Solskjaer did not fall into his plans, such as Javi Guerra and I.

“These things happen in football and we are to honour the contracts, for good and bad. We are now trying to resolve this in the best way possible. As long as I have the contract, I have to go every day to train. And I’ll be there.”

Cala has received strong backing from a number of Cardiff fans after revealing his current predicament.

The Spaniard took to Twitter on Tuesday afternoon, posting a picture of the club’s Academy premises in Treforest with the caption: “I’m back to the academy? hahahaha incredible, respect please.”

He then retweeted a string of supportive comments from Bluebirds fans to which he responded: “I always respect to (sic) Cardiff City and their fans.”

“There’s not been enough thought gone into the squad here,” said Slade in his pre-match Press conference.

Manager Slade is set to respond to Cala’s outburst on Friday morning but he has already expressed his frustration at the size of the Cardiff squad and admitted he is set to move on a number of players in January.

“When you build any football team you are looking at building partnerships. There are not enough partnerships and not enough thought put into the players who have been brought to this club. Absolutely not,” Slade said.

“There’s huge potential here, but there are problems. There have been issues we have needed to solve and things we are working on.

“I see it like an iceberg in that you see the tip of the iceberg where we are making a little bit of progress even on the pitch, but there’s a lot of work beneath the water that is going on that people don’t see.”
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CITY STAR IN TALKS OVER JANUARY EXIT

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 pm

I wonder if part of his fee was based on appearances ? Difficult to see why Gabbidon would be on the bench in front of him if there isn't another issue.
Lawnmower

Postby carlccfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I wonder if part of his fee was based on appearances ? Difficult to see why Gabbidon would be on the bench in front of him if there isn't another issue.

There is a mess at the club that needs sorting and this situation with Cala is just a small example of the problems.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I wonder if part of his fee was based on appearances ? Difficult to see why Gabbidon would be on the bench in front of him if there isn't another issue.

There is a mess at the club that needs sorting and this situation with Cala is just a small example of the problems.

Seems like there are others who fit the same status as cala.. Guerra & Kim two others that come to mind.
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 pm

This is football every time new manager comes in he as a view of type players he wants? Good or bad he stands by the results and at moment he's doing OK regardless of how team is playing at moment! Cala is basically saying same thing OK not everyone agrees but that's football! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:

In fairness we were all excited about the summer signings, but in the end it got out of hand, with Ole just seemingly signing players without any idea how they would fit in and who would make way. Also, no room for any youngsters to come in, which makes all the money spent on the Academy a bit of a waste.

Terrible business for Tan to allow him to do it as well.

In a way a bit of 'austerity' and a more simple style of management from Slade might not be a bad thing.

Maybe Tan's 'education' has taught him that he may not be able to buy his way out of the division this time. ;)
Lawnmower

Postby mugsy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 pm

City 'Star' is stretching things a bit! :lol:
mugsy

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 pm

mugsy wrote:City 'Star' is stretching things a bit! :lol:

Thought the same. :laughing6:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby sloper_road_legend » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:

It's just the tip of the ice berg. Lol

From players, to staff, to club affairs,
No doubt it's up in arms
sloper_road_legend

Postby Bluebina » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Seems like there are others who fit the same status as cala.. Guerra & Kim two others that come to mind.

He does seem to prefer Brittish players, maybe feels the others don't have the relevant League experience???
Bluebina

Postby langley » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:45 am

'Star' , that's what Cala thinks he is but sadly isn't.
langley

Postby Dve » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:50 am

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

He does seem to prefer Brittish players, maybe feels the others don't have the relevant League experience???

Maybe he´s a racist? :lol:
Dve

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:29 am

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Bit like himself.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Depressed Blue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 am

This is a prime example of our fans turning on players to once again defend tan. You may not like Tan, but for some reason you are afraid of the truths that need to come out in order for him to leave.

Calas is perfectly in the right here. He is better than Ben Turner. He is better than Connolly. He is better than Danny Gabbidon. He is better than Morrison.

Last year he was one of our most consistent performers in the premier league. "What a steal" people were saying, thanking Solksjaer if you remember.

We could let players be treated like crap and tan will continue managing the team from his yacht, or we could question what is going on???????????????????.
Depressed Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 am

Depressed Blue wrote:This is a prime example of our fans turning on players to once again defend tan. You may not like Tan, but for some reason you are afraid of the truths that need to come out in order for him to leave.

Calas is perfectly in the right here. He is better than Ben Turner. He is better than Connolly. He is better than Danny Gabbidon. He is better than Morrison.

Last year he was one of our most consistent performers in the premier league. "What a steal" people were saying, thanking Solksjaer if you remember.

We could let players be treated like crap and tan will continue managing the team from his yacht, or we could question what is going on???????????????????.

:sleepy2:
paulh_85

Postby Depressed Blue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:56 am

Sorry to be so boring.

I mean our club is being run like a total circus but I'm sorry that I questioned it :thumbright:

So many people accept absolutely anything tan does just because he has the money. No backbone.
Depressed Blue

Postby langley » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Sorry to be so boring.

I mean our club is being run like a total circus but I'm sorry that I questioned it :thumbright:

So many people accept absolutely anything tan does just because he has the money. No backbone.

That maybe your opinion, but Cala was a liability some matches last season, a good player, but it is not just about that, Isis attitude obviously isn't a team one, he obviously can speak and write good English, pity he didn't try to do that at PLayer of season, just him and his phone, totally rude and arrogant to the supporters around him.
langley

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

:laughing5: ok

cala isnt very good at all and hopefully he will move on in Jan :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Depressed Blue wrote:This is a prime example of our fans turning on players to once again defend tan. You may not like Tan, but for some reason you are afraid of the truths that need to come out in order for him to leave.

:sleepy2:

Apparently he is not doing anything regarding picking players ect ect so people will have to find something else to blame tan for? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Blue crow » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:31 pm

The main reasons players are made to train with the reserves/youth clubs is that they are disruptive to the rest of the squad
Blue crow

Postby Bluebina » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:11 pm

He can feck off three different Management teams have binned him, there must be a valid reason...

The attitude of Turner and Connolly has reportardly been outstanding, that's what we need in a Championship promotion battle...

Ps what happens in Swansea with Chico and the coco pops gang, why were they all binned, hhhmmmmmmmm I wonder...
Bluebina

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:12 pm

langley wrote:

That maybe your opinion, but Cala was a liability some matches last season, a good player, but it is not just about that, Isis attitude obviously isn't a team one, he obviously can speak and write good English, pity he didn't try to do that at PLayer of season, just him and his phone, totally rude and arrogant to the supporters around him.

Pretty happy that's not the team attitude if I'm honest
BluebirdWhitchurch

Return to General Chat