Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Manager Has Produced The Best Football in The New Stadium?

You may select 1 option

View results

Managers - Best Football Played POLL

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

There are quite a few posts on the forum in relation to the quality of the football being played.

Since we move to the new stadium what manager produced the best attractive football.

Many criticised Dave Jones for " hoofball" but at the time that we had Chopra, Bothroyd etc we played a lot of attacking attractive football & we got the results to go with it. So for me its Dave Jones.

It's early days for Slade but I just hope that we don't get the likes of the abysmal Reading performance week in/ week out.

Re: Managers - Best Football Played POLL

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm

given the options on offer there is absolutely no question that we played our best, most entertaining football under Jones

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:given the options on offer there is absolutely no question that we played our best, most entertaining football under Jones

Agree -we played the best football under DJ by the proverbial country mile and to be honest I haven't really enjoyed many games in purely a footballing sense since he left. Noone's debut v Wolves, Huddersfield in Carling Cup and Blackburn and Wolves away in the promotion season are the only ones that spring immediately to mind.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:51 pm

DJ by a mile :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 pm

It shouldnt even be up for debate DJ all the way and lets be honest if he had been given the money what the last two managers had he would have got us promoted and kept us up atleast having a go along the way :bluescarf:

70% of voters think this at present :laughing6:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm

As much of an arrogant not in touch with the fans bloke he was its DJ by a country mile. Always thought he did a bloody good job with little money.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:12 am

who the absolute f**k voted for Ole ffs! :laughing5:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Stringfellow wrote:As much of an arrogant not in touch with the fans bloke he was its DJ by a country mile. Always thought he did a bloody good job with little money.

I agree, I always liked DJ

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:who the absolute f**k voted for Ole ffs! :laughing5:

There was always lots of goals.

Its just we didnt score any of them!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Not a debate.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 pm

paulh_85 wrote:who the absolute f**k voted for Ole ffs! :laughing5:

Party with ole under a new alias :laughing5:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:It shouldnt even be up for debate DJ all the way and lets be honest if he had been given the money what the last two managers had he would have got us promoted and kept us up atleast having a go along the way :bluescarf:

70% of voters think this at present :laughing6:

Agree , I'm one of the few that didn't want him sacked :lol:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:56 pm

It's obviously Malky by a mile. We probably played our most entertaining football under Dave Jones, but our best football was easily under Malky. 10 straight home wins to start off our Championship title season and our home form was always excellent under Malky, which is why we were so successful. I'm absolutely stunned Dave Jones is winning this poll!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It's obviously Malky by a mile. We probably played our most entertaining football under Dave Jones, but our best football was easily under Malky. 10 straight home wins to start off our Championship title season and our home form was always excellent under Malky, which is why we were so successful. I'm absolutely stunned Dave Jones is winning this poll!

I'm not as the question at the top of the thread asks which manager played the most attractive football which was clearly Dave Jones

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It's obviously Malky by a mile. We probably played our most entertaining football under Dave Jones, but our best football was easily under Malky. 10 straight home wins to start off our Championship title season and our home form was always excellent under Malky, which is why we were so successful. I'm absolutely stunned Dave Jones is winning this poll!

Best football and successful football aren't always the same things :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm

darran1927 wrote:

I'm not as the question at the top of the thread asks which manager played the most attractive football which was clearly Dave Jones

The title clearly says best football played, which is Malky by a mile as we had the most success and won the most games under Malky.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

The title clearly says best football played, which is Malky by a mile as we had the most success and won the most games under Malky.

In the World Cup final of1974, The (Total Football) Netherlands inc Johann Cruyff were beaten narrowly by an arguably inferior, but pragmatic W. Germany. You can't argue that success equates with quality. I suspect we're not going to agree on this ?

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

In the World Cup final of1974, The (Total Football) Netherlands inc Johann Cruyff were beaten narrowly by an arguably inferior, but pragmatic W. Germany. You can't argue that success equates with quality. I suspect we're not going to agree on this ?

As we are finding out this season, talent alone isn't enough. This is why W. Germany beat Holland and this is why we are not running away with the league. This is why I believe our best football was under Malky. It may not have been the most attractive football to watch under Malky, but it was definitely the best and most successful football imo.

I could argue that Alex Ferguson's Man Utd side were inferior talent wise to other teams, but they proved to be the best because they had other qualities which not many other teams had. They had the togetherness, organisation, leadership, character, work rate and mental strength to get the better of an arguably more talented, more attractive Arsenal side for example.

This is why I'm choosing Malky, I found our teams fight, guts, spirit and character more attractive to watch than Dave Jones' bottlers. Dave Jones may have given us more pleasing football on the eye when things went well, but it was just as infuriating when we threw away a 4-0 lead at Peterborough and surrendering our promotion push home to Middlesbrough.

To be honest I don't think there is a right or wrong opinion with this question as everyone has differing opinions to judge what we all think is classed as the best, attractive football.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Read the OPs post not the thread title