Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: For those still interested in Cornelius

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Sorry, the reason we got relegated can be summed up in three words - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:48 pm

bluemun wrote:Sorry, the reason we got relegated can be summed up in three words - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

totally disreguarding Malky and the singings he made then?

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Malkys only mistake :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:34 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I wish people would give the Cornelius bashing a rest. Cornelius was young player of the year In Denmark and had just broken into the Danish national team before we signed him. He had 2 bad injuries and it didn't work out for him. It happens and the deal was a huge flop. It was an expensive mistake and an unnecessary gamble. But if Cornelius turned out to be like another Benteke, things would have been different. Cornelius was pretty much the only mistake Malky made.

I agree apart from it being Malky's only mistake.

What about:

Velikonja
Catherine
Brayford (not picking him)
Gestede (selling him when he was clearly better than the Dane)
Mason
McNaughton (loaning him leaving us stupidly short of full back cover)
Conway (freezing him out when we were short of wide players)

That's just off the top of my head.

I agree with you about Velikonja (if it was Malky's signing) and Conway, who definitely should have been in our Premiership squad. I thought Catherine played well for Malky overall but struggled under Ole, but everyone else struggled under Ole because he made us so open and disorganised. But I thought Gestede, Mason and McNaughton weren't quite up to the Premiership and it made sense loaning them out to free up space to bring other players in. Just my opinion of course.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I wish people would give the Cornelius bashing a rest. Cornelius was young player of the year In Denmark and had just broken into the Danish national team before we signed him. He had 2 bad injuries and it didn't work out for him. It happens and the deal was a huge flop. It was an expensive mistake and an unnecessary gamble. But if Cornelius turned out to be like another Benteke, things would have been different. Cornelius was pretty much the only mistake Malky made.

I agree apart from it being Malky's only mistake.

What about:

Velikonja
Catherine
Brayford (not picking him)
Gestede (selling him when he was clearly better than the Dane)
Mason
McNaughton (loaning him leaving us stupidly short of full back cover)
Conway (freezing him out when we were short of wide players)

That's just off the top of my head.

I agree with you about Velikonja (if it was Malky's signing) and Conway, who definitely should have been in our Premiership squad. I thought Catherine played well for Malky overall but struggled under Ole, but everyone else struggled under Ole because he made us so open and disorganised. But I thought Gestede, Mason and McNaughton weren't quite up to the Premiership and it made sense loaning them out to free up space to bring other players in. Just my opinion of course.

You're probably right that those three weren't up to Prem but they were as better than what we had as back up e.g. Cornelius :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Lengee wrote:It wasnt long ago that he was playing well for them. He will be OK and was not the reason we got relegated! That said the transfer and salary werecrazy. He wasnt very good in the brief spell with us - only slightly better than Macheda is now!
Also he wasnt quite as lazy as Kenwynne Jones!

And Cornelius has scored in Copenhagens most recent win. Would have done very well for us ibn the Championship (had he not been on ridiculous wages).
Nuff said :thumbup: :thumbup: