Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Vincent Tan's Plan to Reduce Wage Bill '

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 pm

tan has so much money he could just walk away... and at some point i feel he will

when we are well and truly ruined

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:58 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:I got told tonight that Tan has given up selling the Club at present as has not takers of £80m for the club. He has decided to offload a min of 10 players in Jan. Likes of Cala, Eikrem,Burgstaller, Guerra, Kimbo, these players wages are about £7.5m a year at the club.
For people that don't know Tan is subsidises the club every month to the sum of £1m to pay the players wages. So his plan know is to reduce the wage bill and cut this by £12m then he will not have to put the money into the club each month. If he gets a fee for any players in January that will be a bonus but he just wants them out of the club. It will be a very interesting January transfer window. Slade will not be getting much money in January be could bring a few players in on min wages from league 1 or league 2 clubs paying fees of around £100,000 to £150,000.

Tan is just going to strip the club of their assets and recoup what he can get. Also if premier clubs come in for Gunnarsson, Marshall, Whitts, Noone they will be sold if the transfer fee is Right. Tan releases that we won't be promoted at this rate unless we go on an amazing run and win away from home and keep winning at home.

It's not looking go and you could tell by the number of empty seats that's are appearing round the stadium and there is no atmosphere as Tan has sucked the life and blood out of the Bluebirds.

The club is going to the wall or shall I say the dogs.

Tan is picking the players he wants Slade is just a muppet or sorry a puppet of Tan or basically his coach and gofer.

So basically what you're saying is we need to win all our games in December to give us chance of avoiding relegation. :thumbup:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Stripping of assetts is not the same as offloading highly paid benchwarmers is it ?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Sorry but us fans are getting the club we deserve, sure I'd be happier if the shirts were blue but it's only a colour. Don't blame Tan in the least, he poured in money to get us up, put more in to try and stay there, put more in to try and get us back up and all the fans are worried about is a bloody shirt colour. I'd cut me losses as well, make sure I wasn't losing any more money, just hang on get as much back as I could.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:00 pm

barriboy wrote:Sorry but us fans are getting the club we deserve, sure I'd be happier if the shirts were blue but it's only a colour. Don't blame Tan in the least, he poured in money to get us up, put more in to try and stay there, put more in to try and get us back up and all the fans are worried about is a bloody shirt colour. I'd cut me losses as well, make sure I wasn't losing any more money, just hang on get as much back as I could.

totally agree

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Great news. Let Tan get some of his money back and f**k off.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:VT has supported all his managers in the transfer windows, hence we have ended up with a load of rubbish.

An owner of any club can't win, if you back them people complain, if you don't support them they complain.

If I won 100m I would not put a penny into our club :wave:

Agree ,now he getting rid of the high earning dead wood people are moaning the same people who are whining about us being in debt

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:VT has supported all his managers in the transfer windows, hence we have ended up with a load of rubbish.

An owner of any club can't win, if you back them people complain, if you don't support them they complain.

Agree ,now he getting rid of the high earning dead wood people are moaning the same people who are whining about us being in debt

There are two different things, I think everyone accepts that Slade needs to trim the squad and get rid of players that are not going to feature however it's a different thing when you get rid of quality players to recoup money. I would classify Guerra, Daehli & Ravel Morrison who could get us back into the Premiership. It does not make sense to dispose of the quality players unless there is no ambition to get promoted again & trying to recoup money. How does Tan expect to keep or even increase crowds if he disposes of the quality players and we are playing abysmal football on the pitch. There is only one way for the club to go and that is backwards!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

There are two different things, I think everyone accepts that Slade needs to trim the squad and get rid of players that are not going to feature however it's a different thing when you get rid of quality players to recoup money. I would classify Guerra, Daehli & Ravel Morrison who could get us back into the Premiership. It does not make sense to dispose of the quality players unless there is no ambition to get promoted again & trying to recoup money. How does Tan expect to keep or even increase crowds if he disposes of the quality players and we are playing abysmal football on the pitch. There is only one way for the club to go and that is backwards!

I note your opinion however,

The following cost us little or nowt and got us up or have turned out to be bargain buys!

McNaughton, Connolly, Whitts, Gunnar, and Marshall to name a few :thumbup:

Maybe there are a few more lined up who are prepared to battle? Who knows :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:30 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:I got told tonight that Tan has given up selling the Club at present as has not takers of £80m for the club. He has decided to offload a min of 10 players in Jan. Likes of Cala, Eikrem,Burgstaller, Guerra, Kimbo, these players wages are about £7.5m a year at the club.
For people that don't know Tan is subsidises the club every month to the sum of £1m to pay the players wages. So his plan know is to reduce the wage bill and cut this by £12m then he will not have to put the money into the club each month. If he gets a fee for any players in January that will be a bonus but he just wants them out of the club. It will be a very interesting January transfer window. Slade will not be getting much money in January be could bring a few players in on min wages from league 1 or league 2 clubs paying fees of around £100,000 to £150,000.

Tan is just going to strip the club of their assets and recoup what he can get. Also if premier clubs come in for Gunnarsson, Marshall, Whitts, Noone they will be sold if the transfer fee is Right. Tan releases that we won't be promoted at this rate unless we go on an amazing run and win away from home and keep winning at home.

It's not looking go and you could tell by the number of empty seats that's are appearing round the stadium and there is no atmosphere as Tan has sucked the life and blood out of the Bluebirds.

Tan is picking the players he wants Slade is just a muppet or sorry a puppet of Tan or basically his coach and gofer.

I would give this post more credence if it looked less like a posting by someone whose first language is not English.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Who told you that Lone Ranger, Tonto :laughing6:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Tan would have spent a lot less money in the 1st place had he listened and obtained advice from football people.

Had he taken the right steps in the appointment of a new manager after malky and gone through a a proper short list of candidates instead of spunking 4 million on ole just because he wanted us to be man utd. He's appointed people and taken advice from non footballing guys wasting money an sanctioning the signings of far too many players who we are not even using..

To cut costs he gets rids of programme sellers from outside the ground saving about £200 quid on a match day!!!

The whole situation is a mess from top to bottom... We are in a far worse position now than when he arrived....

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

I would give this post more credence if it looked less like a posting by someone whose first language is not English.

I was thinking the same, to be honest. Ranger also claims to be informed about the inside life in Molde. And the inside life of Norwegian media. And he knows details about meetings between Solbakken and Slade. :roll:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:57 pm

I always remember reading a article on Tan buying a company, it was some kind of social media tihng. He spoke about how it failed so he sold off certain parts (patents to twitter maybe) made cut backs but made sure it could run itself sufficiently and kept them all in jobs and basically run itself.

Im starting to think this is what he is doing now, he knows he has made a loss, making sure he doesnt make anymore but other than the rebrand I think he will leave us financially sufficient, I don't think his ego would allow us to fold. Time will tell but it makes sense with all the management cut backs etc.

Wouldnt say its a bad thing to be honest.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I always remember reading a article on Tan buying a company, it was some kind of social media tihng. He spoke about how it failed so he sold off certain parts (patents to twitter maybe) made cut backs but made sure it could run itself sufficiently and kept them all in jobs and basically run itself.

Im starting to think this is what he is doing now, he knows he has made a loss, making sure he doesnt make anymore but other than the rebrand I think he will leave us financially sufficient, I don't think his ego would allow us to fold. Time will tell but it makes sense with all the management cut backs etc.

At end of day despite what the experts say on here tan knows what he is doing to get himself out of here, and maybe you are right it seems a plausible idea!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:34 pm

If he wants to run it like a business, maybe, just maybe he should stop alienating his customers and return us to blue...

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:I always remember reading a article on Tan buying a company, it was some kind of social media tihng. He spoke about how it failed so he sold off certain parts (patents to twitter maybe) made cut backs but made sure it could run itself sufficiently and kept them all in jobs and basically run itself.

Makes perfect sense, Luke :thumbup:

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 am

It's about time to be honest. This club has been overspending for far too long.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 am

joncandy wrote:If he wants to run it like a business, maybe, just maybe he should stop alienating his customers and return us to blue...

Of course that would make perfect sense to everyone except Tan & his arse lickers on here.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Sven wrote:

I guess only time will tell if this is correct or not, but one thing I picked up on was the statement by the OP that "The club is going to the wall or shall I say the dogs" :?

Yeah, right. We're just about to be wound up and/or liquidated in the High Court, aren't we?? :?

We're a few points off the play-off places and still getting used to a new manager, but still many are giving up on this season as if we cannot achieve anything! :oops:

And the irony is that the more considered on this Forum had previously agreed that the wage bill needed to be reduced if the club were to get back on a sustainable and self-supporting financial footing! ;)

Seems, for once, that the right thing is being done financially and that actually augs well for a future with or without Tan and people need to realise that, IF we are to have a sustainable club in the longer term! :thumbup:

To get rid of players who have little or no chance of playing and contributing to the first team squad from the wage bill is a very sensible move , but also raises the question of why OGS was allowed/authorised to sign them in the first place.Didn`t VT say that MM wasted lots of money on players , but he then allowed OGS to repeat the same mistake. Neither manager had the power to authorise the payments , so who is taking responsibility for the repeat error?

There has also been a waste of several £m on unnecessary "vanity projects" such as the Ninian Stand extension and the proposed new training facilities.Even if full every week , that stand extension would have taken at least 5 seasons to have paid for itself. Now , the income it generates doesn`t even cover the depreciation charge in the accounts.That money could have been far better spent on things of benefit to the club. Who was it that decided to waste that money?

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I guess only time will tell if this is correct or not, but one thing I picked up on was the statement by the OP that "The club is going to the wall or shall I say the dogs" :?

Yeah, right. We're just about to be wound up and/or liquidated in the High Court, aren't we?? :?

We're a few points off the play-off places and still getting used to a new manager, but still many are giving up on this season as if we cannot achieve anything! :oops:

And the irony is that the more considered on this Forum had previously agreed that the wage bill needed to be reduced if the club were to get back on a sustainable and self-supporting financial footing! ;)

Seems, for once, that the right thing is being done financially and that actually augs well for a future with or without Tan and people need to realise that, IF we are to have a sustainable club in the longer term! :thumbup:

To get rid of players who have little or no chance of playing and contributing to the first team squad from the wage bill is a very sensible move , but also raises the question of why OGS was allowed/authorised to sign them in the first place.Didn`t VT say that MM wasted lots of money on players , but he then allowed OGS to repeat the same mistake. Neither manager had the power to authorise the payments , so who is taking responsibility for the repeat error?

There has also been a waste of several £m on unnecessary "vanity projects" such as the Ninian Stand extension and the proposed new training facilities.Even if full every week , that stand extension would have taken at least 5 seasons to have paid for itself. Now , the income it generates doesn`t even cover the depreciation charge in the accounts.That money could have been far better spent on things of benefit to the club. Who was it that decided to waste that money?

Good post, everyone seems to overlook the stadium extension that the club simply did not need. Another baffling decision Image