Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Vincent Tan's Plan to Reduce Wage Bill '

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 am

I got told tonight that Tan has given up selling the Club at present as has not takers of £80m for the club. He has decided to offload a min of 10 players in Jan. Likes of Cala, Eikrem,Burgstaller, Guerra, Kimbo, these players wages are about £7.5m a year at the club.
For people that don't know Tan is subsidises the club every month to the sum of £1m to pay the players wages. So his plan know is to reduce the wage bill and cut this by £12m then he will not have to put the money into the club each month. If he gets a fee for any players in January that will be a bonus but he just wants them out of the club. It will be a very interesting January transfer window. Slade will not be getting much money in January be could bring a few players in on min wages from league 1 or league 2 clubs paying fees of around £100,000 to £150,000.

Tan is just going to strip the club of their assets and recoup what he can get. Also if premier clubs come in for Gunnarsson, Marshall, Whitts, Noone they will be sold if the transfer fee is Right. Tan releases that we won't be promoted at this rate unless we go on an amazing run and win away from home and keep winning at home.

It's not looking go and you could tell by the number of empty seats that's are appearing round the stadium and there is no atmosphere as Tan has sucked the life and blood out of the Bluebirds.

The club is going to the wall or shall I say the dogs.

Tan is picking the players he wants Slade is just a muppet or sorry a puppet of Tan or basically his coach and gofer.

Re: Vincent Tan Plan Reduce Wage Bill

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 am

Bring back the f*cking jacks.....it was more entertaining. :lol: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 am

LoneRanger44 wrote:I got told tonight that Tan has given up selling the Club at present as has not takers of £80m for the club. He has decided to offload a min of 10 players in Jan. Likes of Cala, Eikrem,Burgstaller, Guerra, Kimbo, these players wages are about £7.5m a year at the club.
For people that don't know Tan is subsidises the club every month to the sum of £1m to pay the players wages. So his plan know is to reduce the wage bill and cut this by £12m then he will not have to put the money into the club each month. If he gets a fee for any players in January that will be a bonus but he just wants them out of the club. It will be a very interesting January transfer window. Slade will not be getting much money in January be could bring a few players in on min wages from league 1 or league 2 clubs paying fees of around £100,000 to £150,000.

Tan is just going to strip the club of their assets and recoup what he can get. Also if premier clubs come in for Gunnarsson, Marshall, Whitts, Noone they will be sold if the transfer fee is Right. Tan releases that we won't be promoted at this rate unless we go on an amazing run and win away from home and keep winning at home.

It's not looking go and you could tell by the number of empty seats that's are appearing round the stadium and there is no atmosphere as Tan has sucked the life and blood out of the Bluebirds.

Tan is picking the players he wants Slade is just a muppet or sorry a puppet of Tan or basically his coach and gofer.

I thought exactly the same 3/4 weeks ago. The thing that's stands out is that in comparison to Ole, a manager & assistant on low wages were appointed and the club are trying to offload the quality players. Add that to the reduction in staff at the stadium and everything points towards reducing your costs. There are some fans who will not accept it, but I think the owner does realise that promotion is a non starter this season. We are going backwards and this is the start of the slippery slope.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 am

So some long overdue cost cutting, by reducing a bloated squad which includes at least 10 players who won't play any prominent part this season is now viewed as 'asset stripping'.

I can't hide how affronted I am that Vincent Tan won't continue to throw £1 million quid a month down the toilet. What a selfish bar steward he is. Go home Scrooge.

Unbelievable hypocrisy on this board.

Re: ' Vincent Tan's Plan to Reduce Wage Bill '

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 am

I always wonder why Tan didn't push the Marshall transfer out more in the summer when big money for him was on the table. Would never get that quoted amount for him anymore

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:58 am

It's obvious we need to reduce the wage bill but getting rid of proven international players and replace with league 1 & 2 players for fees of approx 100-150k is bonkers!

We sold caulker and medel for what we paid pretty much and Mutch for a profit! Add to that the tv money we received and the parachute payments to help with transfers to get u back up to the prem.

I went to brussels and had the best game experience I've had since Prob Man city home or fulham away last season! I've not enjoyed a single match day experience 2014! This is not the city I chose to follow since the early 90's to present!

This club has become such a joke I'm starting to question whether its becoming a chore to watch! I will always give the players 100% but the way our club is being run at present is raging me! The alienation of good players! The team selection process, the back room staff and the looney bin owner with his ridiculous ideas and dictatorship!

This club has hit the iceberg, it's just a matter of time until we sink!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:It's obvious we need to reduce the wage bill but getting rid of proven international players and replace with league 1 & 2 players for fees of approx 100-150k is bonkers!

We sold caulker and medel for what we paid pretty much and Mutch for a profit! Add to that the tv money we received and the parachute payments to help with transfers to get u back up to the prem.

I went to brussels and had the best game experience I've had since Prob Man city home or fulham away last season! I've not enjoyed a single match day experience 2014! This is not the city I chose to follow since the early 90's to present!

This club has become such a joke I'm starting to question whether its becoming a chore to watch! I will always give the players 100% but the way our club is being run at present is raging me! The alienation of good players! The team selection process, the back room staff and the looney bin owner with his ridiculous ideas and dictatorship!

Agree with you there. I enjoy Wales away and go to nearly every away game. The fans are being priced out of the game unfortunately at club level.
However we do need to run the club ad a business and realise we cant pay high wages any more.
I hope that we get the proper fees for transfers but then perhaps players will refuse to b transferred as they cant get the high wages at another club.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:21 am

MalagaCF wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:It's obvious we need to reduce the wage bill but getting rid of proven international players and replace with league 1 & 2 players for fees of approx 100-150k is bonkers!

Agree with you there. I enjoy Wales away and go to nearly every away game. The fans are being priced out of the game unfortunately at club level.
However we do need to run the club ad a business and realise we cant pay high wages any more.
I hope that we get the proper fees for transfers but then perhaps players will refuse to b transferred as they cant get the high wages at another club.

I agree and think we will also struggle to off load some of the players..

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 am

makes sense. There are so many players who are eanring a fortune. Get them out of the club. I'd add Fabio to the list as well, must be ok 30k i reckon

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

100% agree with you. Except it has already become a chore to go to games. Worst I have ever felt watching the city. Wales matches (especially away) are the new football experience for me.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:02 am

a premiership club coming in for Noone and Gunnarsson - that really has made me smile and cheered me up no end! :D :D :D

It'll be a premiership club that wants to go straight back down - oh yeah - it was us! :old:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 am

The cost cutting obviously makes business sense & there is nothing wrong with outing 10-12 players from the squad to save from wages etc. but if Tan wants to sell the likes of Marshal, Gunnarsson, Noone etc. & replace them with cheap league 1 or 2 players then promotion next season is also an obvious no go.
From there it's straight downhill IMO.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:11 am

Blueboo wrote:So some long overdue cost cutting, by reducing a bloated squad which includes at least 10 players who won't play any prominent part this season is now viewed as 'asset stripping'.

I can't hide how affronted I am that Vincent Tan won't continue to throw £1 million quid a month down the toilet. What a selfish bar steward he is. Go home Scrooge.

Go away Vinny.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:17 am

abergblue wrote:

100% agree with you. Except it has already become a chore to go to games. Worst I have ever felt watching the city. Wales matches (especially away) are the new football experience for me.

:thumbright:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:18 am

arri potta wrote:a premiership club coming in for Noone and Gunnarsson - that really has made me smile and cheered me up no end! :D :D :D

It'll be a premiership club that wants to go straight back down - oh yeah - it was us! :old:

Not Gunnarasson, but Noone maybe, as he might find back to his best form in the weeks to follow, and he could still be seen as a young prospect. He was good against Reading. But Marshall, Fabio and Dæhli I believe are the ones most likely to be offered a contract by a PL club. Manga, of course, would be good enough, and who knows, if Tan already gave up on getting us promoted.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:18 am

Blueboo wrote:So some long overdue cost cutting, by reducing a bloated squad which includes at least 10 players who won't play any prominent part this season is now viewed as 'asset stripping'.

We all believe in cost cutting and it does make sense to reduce the size of the squad/wage bill but offloading your best players that can get you promoted and replacing them with chance players from the lower leagues does not make sense if you want a quick return to the Premier League. Likewise, taking a chance with an unproven manager at this level (£120K per year?) along with an assistant who was sacked by Port a Talbot rather than having a more expensive experienced team says a lot about Tans ambitions and intentions.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:33 am

Why the hell did Tan agree to put all those players on the wage bill in the first place? Are there any long term plans at all on his desk? Why did he give Ole all that support, then "sacking" him after 7 league matches? After buying all those players and all the backing of Ole, you would think a owner would be a bit more patient. Instead, it seems like he gave it all up and is now only focused on cutting the expenses. Is it just me, or is Tan preparing for his own departure? At least, there is no consistence whatsoever the way the club is being run at the moment.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am

Dve wrote:Why the hell did Tan agree to put all those players on the wage bill in the first place? Are there any long term plans at all on his desk? Why did he give Ole all that support, then "sacking" him after 7 league matches? After buying all those players and all the backing of Ole, you would think a owner would be a bit more patient. Instead, it seems like he gave it all up and is now only focused on cutting the expenses. Is it just me, or is Tan preparing for his own departure? At least, there is no consistence whatsoever the way the club is being run at the moment.

Exactly, he threw an open cheque book when Ole came in.There have been figures quoted that Ole was on 4m. Wasn't it Tan who brought in Ravel Morrison and all the new arrivals must have been sanctioned. It now appears as though he is going in the opposite direction.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

Dve wrote:Why the hell did Tan agree to put all those players on the wage bill in the first place? Are there any long term plans at all on his desk? Why did he give Ole all that support, then "sacking" him after 7 league matches? After buying all those players and all the backing of Ole, you would think a owner would be a bit more patient. Instead, it seems like he gave it all up and is now only focused on cutting the expenses. Is it just me, or is Tan preparing for his own departure? At least, there is no consistence whatsoever the way the club is being run at the moment.

The answers to your first few questions seem obvious to me (& probably to you as well) in the fact that Tan hasn't a clue how to run a football club!
He's reaping what he has sown now through his own stupidity.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:34 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

The answers to your first few questions seem obvious to me (& probably to you as well) in the fact that Tan hasn't a clue how to run a football club!
He's reaping what he has sown now through his own stupidity.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:35 am

VT will probably have to negotiate an early release settlement with most of the players that are "flagged" up to leave next January, just like he did with the Cornelius situation,,,an amicable parting between club & player.

It would be cheaper in the long run, after all, & as previously posted,,who is going to take these high rollers of our hands?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

paulh_85 wrote:makes sense. There are so many players who are eanring a fortune. Get them out of the club. I'd add Fabio to the list as well, must be ok 30k i reckon

Why single out Fabio who has been our most consistent performers this season :?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 am

BOWMAN wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:makes sense. There are so many players who are eanring a fortune. Get them out of the club. I'd add Fabio to the list as well, must be ok 30k i reckon

i dont think hes been consistent at all. the thread is about reducing the wage bill, i'd guess that hes one of our top earners and one of our weakest players defensively. Would be better utilised as a wing back but we dont play that system

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Pant_yr_awel bluebird wrote:

Go away Vinny.

Great contribution to the debate, Pant_yr_awel bluebird! :thumbup: :oops: :oops:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

i dont think hes been consistent at all. the thread is about reducing the wage bill, i'd guess that hes one of our top earners and one of our weakest players defensively. Would be better utilised as a wing back but we dont play that system

Or a winger with Declan on the other wing. We'd have two wingers with great engines who would track back to help the full backs but equally as important we'd have genuine pace on the counter-attack....something we definitely lack at the moment and something that is hurting us away from home. Many fans think that Noone is quick but he isn't. He is tricky but not fast. Pilkington is neither tricky or fast and may be better in central midfield. :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 pm

moonboots wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Or a winger with Declan on the other wing. We'd have two wingers with great engines who would track back to help the full backs but equally as important we'd have genuine pace on the counter-attack....something we definitely lack at the moment and something that is hurting us away from home. Many fans think that Noone is quick but he isn't. He is tricky but not fast. Pilkington is neither tricky or fast and may be better in central midfield. :bluescarf:

i'd question fabio and declans final input to play as out and out wingers, but yeah, i dont think either are proper full backs.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:37 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:I got told tonight that Tan has given up selling the Club at present as has not takers of £80m for the club. He has decided to offload a min of 10 players in Jan. Likes of Cala, Eikrem,Burgstaller, Guerra, Kimbo, these players wages are about £7.5m a year at the club.

I guess only time will tell if this is correct or not, but one thing I picked up on was the statement by the OP that "The club is going to the wall or shall I say the dogs" :?

Yeah, right. We're just about to be wound up and/or liquidated in the High Court, aren't we?? :?

We're a few points off the play-off places and still getting used to a new manager, but still many are giving up on this season as if we cannot achieve anything! :oops:

And the irony is that the more considered on this Forum had previously agreed that the wage bill needed to be reduced if the club were to get back on a sustainable and self-supporting financial footing! ;)

Seems, for once, that the right thing is being done financially and that actually augs well for a future with or without Tan and people need to realise that, IF we are to have a sustainable club in the longer term! :thumbup:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Long overdue? ? ? Tan has been in control for nearly 5 years 6 CEO's,4 Managers,Debt risen from £30mill to £170 million,back where we started,club stripped of its identity,I thought some said this club was being run professionally by him 4yrs ago :shock: :shock: and now Tan wants to cost cut :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 pm

VT has supported all his managers in the transfer windows, hence we have ended up with a load of rubbish.

An owner of any club can't win, if you back them people complain, if you don't support them they complain.

If I won 100m I would not put a penny into our club :wave:

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Long overdue? ? ? Tan has been in control for nearly 5 years 6 CEO's,4 Managers,Debt risen from £30mill to £170 million,back where we started,club stripped of its identity,I thought some said this club was being run professionally by him 4yrs ago :shock: :shock: and now Tan wants to cost cut :lol: :lol:

I have to Agree with u here.....